Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 book list

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Yeah, committing to a tv show, especially binge-watching, will take up most of your life. When I do (rarely) get addicted to a tv show, I don't get any reading done at all.
    TV shows are almost single handedly responsible for me not having had productive reading years these past 2-3 years. I'm not even finished with one when I've already started another.
    Same here. Haven't got much reading done the past couple of years at all. I'm aiming to change that this year, though. A book a week, even if one of those books is either really short or a graphic novel.

Novels
    1. Emperor: The Death of Kings - Conn Iggulden
    2. Project: Valhalla - Cavan Scott & Mark Wright
    3. The Godfather - Mario Puzo
    4. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

Graphic Novels
    1. Brass Sun: The Wheel of Worlds - Ian Edginton & I.N.J. Culbard
    2. Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 17 - Various
    3. Judge Dredd: America - John Wagner, Colin Macneil (re-read)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Maybe I'll try to keep a list this year since I've been on a bit of a reading kick lately.
    Me too! I'm hoping 2015 will be the year of reading for me.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List

1. Falls the Shadow - Stefanie Gaither
    2. Immortal - JR Ward
    3. The Slow Regard of Silent Things - Patrick Rothfuss
    4. Revival - Stephen King
    5. The Supernatural Enhancements - Edgar Cantero
    6. Burned - Karen Marie Moning
    7. Golden Son - Pierce Brown
    8. Doomed - Chuch Palahniuk
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

1. NOS4A2 - Joe Hill
    2. Eerie - Blake Crouch
    3. Doctor Sleep - Stephen King
    5. A Most Haunted House - G.L. Davies

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

1. Revival - Stephen King
    2. Replay - Ken Grimwood
    3. Ack Ack Macaque - Gareth Powell
    4. Storm Front - Jim Butcher

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

1. NOS4A2 - Joe Hill
    2. Eerie - Blake Crouch
    6. Abandon - Blake Crouch (currently reading) I think he might be my newest favorite author.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just Googled him, Heather. Have you read Pines? That one sounds really good. I might have to add it to my list.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Never heard of this guy; I just looked up Pines, too. Sounds fucking gnarly. Just added it to my Amazon cart.

I highly, highly, highly recommend his Wayward Pines series. It's excellent. I read them a few months ago, and that's what turned me into a fan. They're actually going to be making a series out of it, which I want to say is going to premier later this spring or summer. Also I'm really enjoying Abandon. Only a little more than halfway through at the moment. I'd pass on Eerie though. He co-wrote it with his brother, but it was just kinda blah.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Abandon sounds very Phantoms-ish.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I highly, highly, highly recommend his Wayward Pines series. It's excellent. I read them a few months ago, and that's what turned me into a fan.
    Ah, that's it. Now I have to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Abandon sounds very Phantoms-ish.
    I thought the exact same thing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I've never read Phantoms so I can't compare, but I just looked up the synopsis. Sounds a little similar, but only in the fact of an abandoned town. I've heard good things about it though, maybe I'll add it to my list.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Golden City - John Twelve Hawks - (3)
    2. The Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice (4)
    Sloth Love Chunk

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great idea first year for me

1. Dr. Sleep - Stephen King
    2. Heart Shaped Box - Joe Hill
    3. Assassin's Apprentice (The Farseer trilogy book 1) - Robin Hobb
    4. Royal Assassin (The Farseer trilogy book 2) - Robin Hobb

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

Hey Shac, have you read Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghosts? I'd add that to your list of must reads!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post

Hey Shac, have you read Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghosts? I'd add that to your list of must reads!
    Thanks John - I'll defintly add this to my 2015 read list. The above are the book I already read

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post

Thanks John - I'll defintly add this to my 2015 read list. The above are the book I already read
    Ah, got it, misread your first post!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I highly, highly, highly recommend his Wayward Pines series. It's excellent. I read them a few months ago, and that's what turned me into a fan. They're actually going to be making a series out of it, which I want to say is going to premier later this spring or summer. Also I'm really enjoying Abandon. Only a little more than halfway through at the moment. I'd pass on Eerie though. He co-wrote it with his brother, but it was just kinda blah.
    Heather, I love Blake as well! I haven't read that much of him so far but I do know that his work with JA Konrath, namely Serial Killers Uncut, is some deeply disturbing stuff, if you are feeling brave, give that one a try

1. NOS4A2 - Joe Hill
    2. Eerie - Blake Crouch
    6. Abandon - Blake Crouch
    7. Misery - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Heather, I love Blake as well! I haven't read that much of him so far but I do know that his work with JA Konrath, namely Serial Killers Uncut, is some deeply disturbing stuff, if you are feeling brave, give that one a try
    Thanks, I'll give it a look!

Country
    Country Flag

Heather, was that your first time reading Misery?!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

It is. I've been enjoying it. I still have quite a few of his older stories to read.

I'm at the point where
    Spoiler:
    she just cut off his foot!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It is. I've been enjoying it. I still have quite a few of his older stories to read.

I'm at the point where
    Spoiler:

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. BUTCHER'S MOON- Richard Stark
    2. FOUNDATION- Isaac Asimov
    3. FOUNDATION AND EMPIRE- Isaac Asimov
    4. UNLIMITED POWER- Anthony Robbins
    5. SECOND FOUNDATION- Isaac Asimov
    6. HOW TO WIN AT THE SPORT OF BUSINESS- Mark Cuban
    7. THE CATCHER IN THE RYE- J. D. Salinger
    8. THE LITTLE RED BOOK OF SALES- Jeffery Gitomer
    9. THE ALADDIN FACTOR- Jack Canfield
    10. THE ART OF LEARNING- Josh Waitzkin

1. Revival - Stephen King
    2. Replay - Ken Grimwood
    3. Ack Ack Macaque - Gareth Powell
    4. Storm Front - Jim Butcher
    5. The Secret of Spring - Piers Anthony

Country
    Country Flag

It is.

For some reason I thought you had read it already. What other older ones haven't you read yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I'm at the point where
    Spoiler:
    I love we're applauding that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast