Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Custom Bound 'Salem's Lot Books

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely beautiful! A stunning custom job with great attention to detail. Love it!

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

It came out great; i need to come see it
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently acquired a page block for the CP S/L version of 'Salem's Lot. The block was still "folded and gathered":

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hell yes. Looking forward to what this will look like (in a few months?)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Hell yes. Looking forward to what this will look like (in a few months?)
    Far less time. If all goes well, ~2 weeks. All of the materials except the endpapers are at the binder, and he has begun the work.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course I have a set of prints, as well as a special surprise.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Weeks.... brilliant! Do you and the binder discuss design, Jerome? Or ask the designer to come up with something worthy, based on his other work? How does it work?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I usually provide the materials and convey my wishes to the bookbinder.
    This book has a few differences in material than other versions I have done, but still is an homage to the earlier Betts rebound versions.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome - can’t wait to see it 👍🏼.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Look forward to seeing this!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The picture doesn't do it justice, but I chose a fine English goatskin for the 3/4 binding. The skin is pebbled to resembled Moroccan goat skin (which I was unable to source).

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The picture doesn't do it justice, but I chose a fine English goatskin for the 3/4 binding. The skin is pebbled to resembled Moroccan goat skin (which I was unable to source).
    You should have said, I have a friend in Morocco. Pretty sure he has a goat...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pos rep for that one.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RF - remind me not to let you near my goats the next time you come over to visit...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I only need one...
    You should do your own with a personal goat.
    That would be easier than eating your favorite, but actually you could do both.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

After this post, I'm saving pics for when I get the book from the binder. I have a secret or two left for then.
    The most challenging part of this whole endeavor has been obtaining the endpapers I wanted for the book. It took UPS ground over 14 days to get me the endpapers. By that time (Tuesday night), I had reordered the endpapers from the supplier, and asked for them to be shipped direct to the binder. As fate appears to have decided, the reorder, and my shipping of the original order are Scheduled (scheduled no longer means what is used to, now it means a wild guess, and likely to disappoint) to arrive this Saturday. We shall see.

I've used these endpapers on on my Different Seasons rebind projects. They were always for the "Fall from innocence" story-The Body. They represent the Fall colors, and the changes fall brings.
    I think they are appropriate for 'Salem's Lot. The papers are called Thai Marble Momi Firestorm. They come from Thailand and are hand "crinkled". The paper is made from Kozu (a mistake I believe on the seller's website that should read Kudzu) and Bamboo pulp. It's impossible to truly see, or feel the 3D texture on a computer or phone. Here is a two-dimensional image:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It took over 2 weeks for the endpapers to finally make it to the binder. Finally he has all of the parts!

I decided to be a bit different that the other rebinds I have seen, and go with the title stamped in blood red. All other stamping s in the traditional gold. Pics from the binder:

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooooo that's classy!
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Note the finely pebbled (Moroccan style) fine English goatskin:

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like another home run
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Looks like another home run
    Of course. Much like yours, only a bit different. Not better, just different.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love it. Very sweet look for his best story
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Beautiful!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That looks REALLY nice. Love the end papers and over all look of the book. Really nice job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast