Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    The Castle Rock case is this for Just the first 5 issues or the entire run?
    If for the entire run are we just supposed to stack them up and slide them in the slipcase?

I have mine in sleeves that are contained in two binders. I don't see a slipcase being as safe or slipcased copies being as easy to access.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    If for the entire run are we just supposed to stack them up and slide them in the slipcase?

I have mine in sleeves that are contained in two binders. I don't see a slipcase being as safe or slipcased copies being as easy to access.
    I had intended the entire run - hence the dates at at the bottom of the spine. This is (I believe) 54 issues for a full set. All of mine are single folded and stored in a archival bag. I reckon on a case approximately 2" thick to hold them all (I haven't actually measured this precisely yet.

So once again - this thread is just about the blocking to be printed. If you want a case wider or thinner or to hold the issues unfolded (that would be big!) then you can specify your requirements to Jeff. Please bear in mind that there will be a minimum thickness to allow the blocking to be printed on the spine.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    well... I've run through my Castle Rock newsletter... and... oh my god... i don't have even a half of these... and wasn't aware that i'm missing that much
    So... for now - cross me of the list for the slipcase for Castle Rock
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    When can I order my "Dolan's Cadillac" case!!!! I'm dying here!!! LOL LOL

This is a great project!!! Thanks to all involved!!
    Thanks Bill! BTW I don't even have DC. Just ordering the case before the book so when I get the book, I have the case! Doing it backwards...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just kidding. Though I can't wait to get my case!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I think these really need a TRAYCASE!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think these really need a TRAYCASE!
    Hmm mine seem thinner than this - maybe they are more compressed...

Jeff doesn't do tray cases. I suppose we could split them over 2 slip cases, but that's going to double the cost....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

My complete set measures about 4 inches but I do have each one in a plastic sleeve. If we do 2 cases, it won't double the cost (of the plates) if you leave off the years and just have the logo. Just a thought.

Here's the updated list with latest change requests/additions:

Dolan's
    1. AKC (x2)
    2. burial
    3. dnemec
    4. frik
    5. jonp (x3)
    6. Merlin1958
    7. Roseannebarr
    8. Sentinel
    9. stroppygoblin
    10. tippy4 (x2)
    11. webstar1000
    12. zelig

Castle Rock
    1. frik
    2. Roseannebarr
    3. Sentinel
    4. stroppygoblin
    5. zelig

Doubleday
    1. AKC
    2. burial
    3. Dan
    4. frik
    5. Jimimck
    6. killjoy72
    7. Priest
    8. Roseannebarr
    9. Sentinel
    10. stroppygoblin
    11. WeDealInLead
    12. zelig

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose both could have the full years on them... but I take your point.

UPDATE:

I have been in contact with Jeff and he is waiting on receiving a full set of artwork for one of the books so he can check quality and font sizes, etc. This will enable him to get a more accurate final price. Unfortunately I am the person who is slowing this down right now as I have just got back from the US this morning and I fly to Germany at 7:00am tomorrow for 2 days...

I'll endeavor to get polished artwork to Jeff over the weekend and keep everyone updated.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Stroppy, no rush pal, you are doing a great job here and we appreciate the effort.

Cheers

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Stroppy, no rush pal, you are doing a great job here and we appreciate the effort.

Cheers
    Yup... well said... your efforts are certainly appreciated Simon..

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Cheers
    Yup... well said... your efforts are certainly appreciated Simon..
    Same here, my Brutha!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeff has mocked up the case for Carrie! he is kindly going to get this one made up properly for approval before we go full on with the others. I'll post more pictures as I get them.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Black cases? What color on the words? Each diff?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Black cases? What color on the words? Each diff?
    The prototype will be done as a black case with gold lettering. Jeff should be able to provide different colour combinations for those that want them.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good... nice to see this all coming together...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well there is my incentive to complete my first edition collection!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some pictures of the finished Carrie slipcase.
    Watch this space for final details on pricing.

I think Jeff did an incredible job on this!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! looks really sharp. They will look so good all together...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that's an incredible job. I just wish I had the books that went in them, otherwise I would be all over those.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey now stroppygoblin, don't be modest! You had a hand in this too. Incredible job indeed!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

OK people, I have just heard back from Jeff and due to the number of people who have committed to these cases, he is covering the cost of the plates. This means that each case is the incredible price of £12.95 plus postage!!!

I have already paid him for the 1st Carrie case as he wants me to double check for size and fit. After that is done, he will start work on the other slip cases including Dolan's. For now I am holding off on the Castle Rock Newsletter one until we get a consensus of size and whether one or two slipcases is the right way to go.

Can everyone who expressed an interest in either the Doubleday slipcases or the Dolan's please PM Zelig and confirm you wish to place an order. I will double check postage costs to the US, but I believe there are members here that have had cases shipped from Jeff in the past and maybe able to provide estimates in the meantime.

Also if you were on the fence awaiting final costs and would like any of these cases, please PM Zelig to be added to the list.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

great news
    I want to clarify - do we have to order these cases one-by-one (+separate shipping for every each of them) or can we order for example order 3 different in one order-one shipping?
    Can you also check European shipping (Poland for me)?
    thank you
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Please add me for Dolan's & the Doubleday. Will that white/grey Carrie also be available it only black?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    great news
    I want to clarify - do we have to order these cases one-by-one (+separate shipping for every each of them) or can we order for example order 3 different in one order-one shipping?
    Can you also check European shipping (Poland for me)?
    thank you
    Spoke with Jeff again today. He and I are going to double check sizes with my books before he starts fulfilling other people's orders. If you order all slipcases they will be shipped as one single shipment. I'll have to get back to you on shipping costs to Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Please add me for Dolan's & the Doubleday. Will that white/grey Carrie also be available it only black?
    That "white/grey" is a mockup where Jeff has printed the design I sent on paper to size and wrapped around an in fished case. If you want I can send you the PDF and you could do the same...

Jeff offers a range of case colours and block colour - just let him know you want something other than gold/black.

IMPORTANT! There is no need to contact Jeff yet, he wants to get all the blocks and a test slipcase done for all the books before he starts taking orders. I'm just looking for confirmation from everyone now the price is known.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast