Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1316

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is the IT case only that gold color? Red would look much better.... and make more sense.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Is the IT case only that gold color? Red would look much better.... and make more sense.
    As before, you can choose your own colour combinations...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    As before, you can choose your own colour combinations...
    nice!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeff, Simon, et al I think it would be a great idea for your next case to be one that holds the UK/US trade firsts of "The Shining" & "Dr. Sleep". I have a "Dolso" version so I know it would be a challenge due to the size difference, but I'm confident, Jeff could work it out. IMHO it would be a great case to have for most collectors. Any thoughts, people?

Spoiler:
    For the record, I don't mean one case that holds all 4 editions, but one case each for the US & UK editions.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We need a Danse Macabre next or soon. But the IT first edition cases are awesome - already ordered! I remember the UK IT was the first UK edition I ever bought and it came a few months before the US edition was out. Bought it from Craig at the Time Tunnel who was one of the nicest book sellers ever. I was 18 that summer and I remember still how good that book made me feel.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    We need a Danse Macabre next or soon. But the IT first edition cases are awesome - already ordered! I remember the UK IT was the first UK edition I ever bought and it came a few months before the US edition was out. Bought it from Craig at the Time Tunnel who was one of the nicest book sellers ever. I was 18 that summer and I remember still how good that book made me feel.
    Sure. I'm just suggesting something for the "Que".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Jeff, Simon, et al I think it would be a great idea for your next case to be one that holds the UK/US trade firsts of "The Shining" & "Dr. Sleep". I have a "Dolso" version so I know it would be a challenge due to the size difference, but I'm confident, Jeff could work it out. IMHO it would be a great case to have for most collectors. Any thoughts, people?

Spoiler:
    For the record, I don't mean one case that holds all 4 editions, but one case each for the US & UK editions.
    Think the size diff. Jeff can work out, a slipcase for more then one
    book is not a problem... This my 5 HC slipcase, Jeff build it 2012

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I want to second the order for Danse Macabre and then Talisman!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    I want to second the order for Danse Macabre and then Talisman!
    Ill second his second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Turned out great as usual

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Super nice IT cases!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The black/red (It's natural colors) It slipcase is righteous.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

Spoiler:
    Think the size diff. Jeff can work out, a slipcase for more then one
    book is not a problem... This my 5 HC slipcase, Jeff build it 2012

Oh, I agree. Dick configured a "filler" for one side and it worked very nicely. Just like yours appears to be only maybe a little larger.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"IT" case is in transit from across the pond!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Hi Bill, Thanks for the suggestion, but I dont think thats going to happen. Two reasons mainly, the first is that a case has already been done for The Shining and I don't think anyone that already bought this case would buy another one. The other is the technical difficulty in making a slipcase that could handle the size differences. The case Dolso made in wood is far stronger and able to take a 'filler' section that can stand up to enclosing two heavy books, I'm not sure the same could be achieved with the card that Jeff uses.

Appreciate the suggestion though!

Spoiler:
    The next case(s) are likely to be Danse Macabre, The Talisman and Skeleton Crew. no promises on timescales at this time!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Hi Bill, Thanks for the suggestion, but I dont think thats going to happen. Two reasons mainly, the first is that a case has already been done for The Shining and I don't think anyone that already bought this case would buy another one. The other is the technical difficulty in making a slipcase that could handle the size differences. The case Dolso made in wood is far stronger and able to take a 'filler' section that can stand up to enclosing two heavy books, I'm not sure the same could be achieved with the card that Jeff uses.

Spoiler:
    The next case(s) are likely to be Danse Macabre, The Talisman and Skeleton Crew. no promises on timescales at this time!

I don't know that I could agree, but I defer to yours and. Jeff's judgement. Just throwing ideas out there. FWIW, I believe, Dick used a cardboard filler. No disrespect to, Jeff but his cases are much more affordable than, Dick's given the medium. I just thought more folks could avail themselves of, Jeff's work is all. However, you guys have been doing great so don't mind me!!! Can't wait for my "IT" case to arrive!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I ordered 15 cases, 8 are made and paid for. Thanks Jeff and Stroppy Goblin!!!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    So I ordered the last set he did, which was, PS, DZ, FS,Christine, Cujo, DS. I think he did an earlier set of the doubleday years. I think I only have pictures
    of the spines, but if I remember correctly the front was only the title, and didn't have a design like the others. Is that correct? I think that is the only reason
    I decided not to buy those slipcases, because I am really spoiled on the nice designs. So if I am wrong let me know what they look like so I can decide if I
    want to buy them. If I'm right can I request these be considered for updates for future projects? (I guess I could still go for the Night Shift since that would
    be consistent with the design of the book).

I'll probably wait until the 3 in you spoiler are complete before ordering the IT.

Keep up the good work!

Mike
    Last edited by amd013; 04-19-2017 at 08:41 AM. Reason: For some reason my post was inside a quote, so had to remove the original quote to make it look right
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    So I ordered the last set he did, which was, PS, DZ, FS,Christine, Cujo, DS. I think he did an earlier set of the doubleday years. I think I only have pictures
    of the spines, but if I remember correctly the front was only the title, and didn't have a design like the others. Is that correct? I think that is the only reason
    I decided not to buy those slipcases, because I am really spoiled on the nice designs. So if I am wrong let me know what they look like so I can decide if I
    want to buy them. If I'm right can I request these be considered for updates for future projects? (I guess I could still go for the Night Shift since that would

I'll probably wait until the 3 in you spoiler are complete before ordering the IT.

Keep up the good work!

Mike
    Essentially yes. There are pictures of all the earlier cases in this thread

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    if I remember correctly the front was only the title, and didn't have a design like the others. Is that correct? I think that is the only reason

Keep up the good work!

Mike

It's unlikely I will revisit the Doubleday's I'm afraid. Too many other books to do!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a case available for The UK Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keeper's, End of Watch set. Looking to house my signed set.
    If this has been discussed, please ignore my ignorance as I have not followed or searched this thread very thoroughly .
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Is there a case available for The UK Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keeper's, End of Watch set. Looking to house my signed set.
    If this has been discussed, please ignore my ignorance as I have not followed or searched this thread very thoroughly .
    There is not a case with a design by me. However Jeff could make a case to house all three books with a 'generic' "Stephen King" or "SK" logo printed on it.

There is a set produced by Scribner that included a case that housed all 3 books:

And there are of course individual cases produced by Cemetery Dance.

EDIT: AHHH You said UK books. My Bad - In that case refer to the Jeff custom option only

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I have not seen slipcases for the UK books.
    How awesome and must be extremely rare to have a full set of signed UK's. I cant even imagine starting a UK flat signed collection. Congratulations! Just awesome!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I have not seen slipcases for the UK books.
    How awesome and must be extremely rare to have a full set of signed UK's. I cant even imagine starting a UK flat signed collection. Congratulations! Just awesome!
    Glenn clear out your messages buddy... it is full
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast