Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    I love these...
    I would love to take a part in next order of slipcases with someone...
    OK - lets get the ball rolling on this....

I have 3 separate slipcase projects I am intending to pursue with Jeff.

1. A slipcase for Dolan's Cadillac S/L (I already have Merlin1958 signed up for one of these)
    2. A slipcase to hold all the Castle Rock Newsletters (This has not been mentioned before - anyone else interested?)
    3. A set of DoubleDay slipcases. (This one has the most feedback)

For (1) I intend it to be just a stamp on the front (Nothing on the spine as the book already has the spine info). I'd like it to be a picture of the car with "DOLAN'S CADILLAC" above it

Obviously the picture would be far less detailed as it will be just the basic car outline block filled.

For(2) I intend it to be just a stamp on the spine (Nothing on the front) This will be the Castle Rock logo printed vertically and something like "The Stephen King Newsletter Vol 1 - 5"

Now for (3) I am open to suggestions. I'd like something that ties the books together but I cant decide whether the slipcases would be facing in or out on my shelf... I'd also like to have the Book name done in the original font but that's going to mean 1 plate per book (as opposed to something like "Stephen King - The DoubleDay Years" which could be used for all 5 (or even 6 books if you include Pet Semetary)

What does everyone else think - I'd love to see some ideas. Something like these (although slipcase rather than traycase) would be really cool...

I really love these traycases with the embossed art! Can they be done as slipcases?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

These are not by Jeff (and are *very* expensive)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Put me down for Doubleday slipcases. Also a slipcase for all four Bachman paperbacks if there is enough interest.

Same here - same statement.
    If they would be matching (in terms of look) would be great, but even without i am in with the Doubledays project

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    The Dolan's Cadillac slipcase looks great! Against my better judgement to save money at the moment put me down for three.
    Got it. In terms of quantity, keep in mind that we're consolidating commitments for the cost of the custom blocking only. Once we've got that sorted you'll place your order for the slipcases direct with Jeff. And he'll have all the details he needs on these.

Wouldn't it be easier for, Jeff if one complete order was eventually placed rather than him tracking 20-30 individual orders and confirming discounts? Just a thought.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

If the Dolan's Caddy slipcase fits both editions (1/1000 and 1/250), bump me up to two.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Put me down for Doubleday slipcases. Also a slipcase for all four Bachman paperbacks if there is enough interest.

Same here - same statement.
    If they would be matching (in terms of look) would be great, but even without i am in with the Doubledays project
    I have you down for the Doubleday. For Bachman, I'd recommend you contact Jeff directly as he already has blocking for that.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    If the Dolan's Caddy slipcase fits both editions (1/1000 and 1/250), bump me up to two.
    I have neither so don't know, but are both the exact same size?

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    The Dolan's Cadillac slipcase looks great! Against my better judgement to save money at the moment put me down for three.
    Got it. In terms of quantity, keep in mind that we're consolidating commitments for the cost of the custom blocking only. Once we've got that sorted you'll place your order for the slipcases direct with Jeff. And he'll have all the details he needs on these.

Wouldn't it be easier for, Jeff if one complete order was eventually placed rather than him tracking 20-30 individual orders and confirming discounts? Just a thought.
    Perhaps we could do another mass order to the US and then parcel out the slipcases (like the umbrella saga). I believe it saved us all some money on shipping costs. Although it was a pain on my end!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, I may be interested in the Castle Rock case. I need to check to see how many issues I have first though.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I have neither so don't know, but are both the exact same size?
    So, this is the point of contacting Jeff directly. Although we all own the same book, they can vary in size considerably (some may have slightly looser spines and may be covered in Mylar or not. Jeff makes EACH case to the custom size that you specify. What will be common is the block used to stamp the title on the front/AND or Spine. There will be no discounts on slipcases (his prices are pretty reasonable) What we are looking to do is spread the cost of the making of the die blocks. I think we already have enough people to bring the cost of the custom dies down to £1 or £2 on top of the standard slipcase cost (on the Doubleday ones at the very least). The more people that confirm the cheaper the dies will be.

Jeff is used to dealing with multiple orders and shipping overseas, so thats not a problem. It *may* be an option to have a number of slipcases shipped to one US address (and reduce postage costs), but someone else needs to co-ordinate that. I can tell you from experience that the effort in repacking and reshipping is quite large however.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For those that haven't seen it before, this is the Block for the Bachman Books. Note there is no spine block for this.

Country
    Country Flag

For those that haven't seen it before, this is the Block for the Bachman Books. Note there is no spine block for this.

I bought one of those from Jerome last year. Didn't even know it was Jeff's!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I need the books first....

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

so also for the doubledays we should get in touch with him ? or will somebody orga. a group production ?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    so also for the doubledays we should get in touch with him ? or will somebody orga. a group production ?
    EVERYBODY INTERESTED IN SLIPCASES FROM JEFF PLEASE READ!!!

Ok - once more to clarify -

1. This thread is about creating *custom* blocks for printing on slipcases made by Jeff
    2. We are gathering names to see who is interested in buying slipcases that would use these custom blocks in order to split the cost of having the blocks made
    3. An individual Block will be between £8 and £40 depending on size - this is a ONE OFF COST (The Doubleday slipcases will require 2 blocks)
    4. We intend to split the BLOCK cost between all those that want a slipcase that uses the block (If you want more than one, you only pay one share - I think thats fair)
    5. Cost for the slipcase is extra, I believe Jeff charges ~ £12.95 depending on size. Shipping is extra and dependent on location (other members have reported this is reasonable to the US)
    6. Jeff offers a number of slipcase colours and foil colours, you may choose your own combinations (you can even have COLORS if you are in the US )
    7. When the designs for the blocks are completed (and everyone is happy) I will send them to Jeff to get an exact cost to have each of the blocks to be made and the cost for the appropriate size slipcase.
    8. At this point I will get final confirmation from everyone regarding which case they want and how many. This will allow me to give final costs. If people drop out at this point, I may need to do another round based on the new numbers, hopefully this will not change much.
    9. Everyone will then be responsible for contacting Jeff DIRECTLY to order their slipcase colour choices and to provide Jeff with exact measurements of their own book.
    10. With the current level of interest, I estimate the cost of each Doubleday case to be around £16 - £20. The other cases will vary as they only have 1 block but less people want them.

I hope that covers everyones questions.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have never paid more than 12.95 for a slipcase Simon. So if I wanted that Dolans... I would chip in for the plate and just buy the case right?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It should. Mine are identical in size.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have never paid more than 12.95 for a slipcase Simon. So if I wanted that Dolans... I would chip in for the plate and just buy the case right?
    Sorry my bad, I went and checked Jeff's previous emails. You are right Kris, £12.95 is the standard price. I have updated my post with adjusted costs.

Jeff will include the proportional cost of the plate in his total price based on the number of people who want one. There will not be 2 separate payments.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Did another book today..

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The 'shelf view' so far...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, makes me want to change my mind and display them with the spine of the case facing out like that. Looking so good.

And I am keeping a spreadsheet of all those who have expressed interest. I will post that when you're ready for it Simon and get final confirmations.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Sorry my bad, I went and checked Jeff's previous emails. You are right Kris, £12.95 is the standard price. I have updated my post with adjusted costs.

Jeff will include the proportional cost of the plate in his total price based on the number of people who want one. There will not be 2 separate payments.
    Good thats great brother! Thanks
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Next book done

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

One more to go!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good Simon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast