Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Count me in for an "A"

How about a Danse Macabe?
    This is a difficult one as it's the 1st edition cover is just the "Danse Macabre" text.

Options are:
    1. Go with just the text
    2. Go with a different edition cover
    3. Go with something custom

Example of Option 1:

For 2 I could work on something based on this...

Option 3:

Interested in peoples thoughts on this one.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

C (It) is awesome. Good work.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Option A for IT, and possibly option 2 for Danse Macabre. Of the two mock-up (1 and 3), I prefer 1.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I actually like the skeletons, as long as the spine is consistent I think your creativity is great on the front. No one says it has to be similar to the original. Go for it!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I also like option C. I like the incorporation of Pennywise into the IT text.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For Danse Macbre, I could live with any of them. I think you might have dificulty making option 2 look nice. I guess in general I like 1.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that revised IT with Pennywise. Don't like the dancing skeletons. I like the DM with the lettering only. Sorry forgot which number that was.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Option 3 is a Crew of Skeletons!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Option C for IT and option 1 for DM.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thinking more about it, the spine of the slipcase is what is going to be displayed on the bookshelf, so why not make the front more unique. I'm liking the sewer grate for IT and the skeletons for Danse Macabre. They would definitely get more of a reaction when pulled off the shelf.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Thinking more about it, the spine of the slipcase is what is going to be displayed on the bookshelf, so why not make the front more unique. I'm liking the sewer grate for IT and the skeletons for Danse Macabre. They would definitely get more of a reaction when pulled off the shelf.

First, I think these look fantastic and you are doing an amazing job at coming up with some really creative concepts. Im a sucker for aftermarket cases but I prefer them to be a translation with some design elements of the book they are protecting rather than an interpretation. I agree that if the spine is going to be displayed with the title, an image on the front would be cool but something from the book - so, the sewer grate from IT or Steve's face for Danse Macabre (although I appreciate the skeletons and think they are a clever idea).
    Just my 2 cents.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just going to throw this spanner into the works...

Jeff has informed me (regardless of final artwork) he'd like to have 2 plates made for IT. One would have Viking and the other would be H & S as he tells me he has a lot of interest in a case for the UK book.

I'm thinking Sewer Grate for US book and the Pennywise embedded IT logo for the UK book...

(Danse Macabre clearly needs more thought. I'm not happy with any of the options currently)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

I'd buy both the US and UK It slipcases if he made them!
    ~Jonathan

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Jeff has informed me (regardless of final artwork) he'd like to have 2 plates made for IT. One would have Viking and the other would be H & S as he tells me he has a lot of interest in a case for the UK book.

I'm thinking Sewer Grate for US book and the Pennywise embedded IT logo for the UK book...

(Danse Macabre clearly needs more thought. I'm not happy with any of the options currently)
    I think that'd work. I really prefer the embedded over the grate personally. But, one can always pay for another plate to be made.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Danse Macabre is welcome addition!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I also like Terry's idea, thats why he's an artist and I am am (at best) an amateur draftsman!

However, whilst I love the subtlety of his image, I feel the clown isn't "Pennywise" enough. It has inspired me to create an option C however...

Actually I think this is strong enough to replace Option B....

yeah, I like yours better too.... I only had about 4-5 minutes to do mine ha ha... so it was a quickie draft
    my vote is for this one, with the sewer grate a close #2

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Why not the clown house from the UK edition?

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that is a great idea. I will be purchasing both of them.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New poll up

Please vote!

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Simon,
    Working on any others? I vote Thinner or Talisman next.
    Thanks,
    -K

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Simon,
    Thanks,
    -K
    I second the Talisman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Simon,
    Thanks,
    -K
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Hey Simon,
    Thanks,
    -K
    I second the Talisman

Talisman - similar issue to Danse Macabre as in it's just text. Welcome ideas on that though
    Thinner - Bachman. What are peoples thoughts on matching spines with other books? same layout with Author name changed or go for something different? Thinking about it, Talisman is also Straub, may be some issues with matching look and feel of other titles too (nice easy cover image though...)

I have a Skeleton Crew on the go. Not ready for public viewing yet though

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Simon,
    Thanks,
    -K
    Hey Simon,
    Thanks,
    -K
    I second the Talisman

Talisman - similar issue to Danse Macabre as in it's just text. Welcome ideas on that though
    Thinner - Bachman. What are peoples thoughts on matching spines with other books? same layout with Author name changed or go for something different? Thinking about it, Talisman is also Straub, may be some issues with matching look and feel of other titles too (nice easy cover image though...)

I don't think the change in name or addition of a second name will change the look or layout of the spine.

Of course, in the end it seems a moot point for me because I still display the books with the book spine facing out, so I rarely actually see the beauty of the slipcase.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Simon,
    Thanks,
    -K
    Hey Simon,
    Thanks,
    -K
    I second the Talisman

I do have some cool ideas for the Bachmans that we have looked at awhile back. I should have another soon if we go that way.

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Simon,
    Thanks,
    -K
    Hey Simon,
    Thanks,
    -K
    I second the Talisman

I see your point about Thinner, I'd like to see it match, the name change really wouldn't matter.
    Talisman would look good utilizing a similar logo that's large or with the rays coming out, I think the UK edition has that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast