Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    Hey guys - I do make it here at least a couple times per week but mostly just browse a few of the top threads unless we're in the midst of a new limited edition release Unfortunately I'm not set up for one off cases. I usually refer folks out to DOSLO here for that kind of work, although the cases coming out of the UK look amazing for those that don't like the wood. I've also mentioned this site to people http://www.slipcasebooks.com/ but I don't know if anyone has actually ordered from them or not. I haven't personally used them before. If anyone has and wants to share their impressions I'm sure folks (including me) would love to hear about it!
    While you are here, I want to take a moment and thank you for the fast, perfect-condition delivery of my UTD GE Slipcase!!! I love it.
    anyone who needs one, or thinks they might someday should take advantage now before the unfortunate, but totally understandable price increase goes into effect at the end of the month. Worth it!
    P.S. the Carry-Bag is wicked cool! Bonus!!
    I would like to second this! I ordered the COTW slipcase awhile back, just received my W&G slipcase today, and ordered two more for my AE's of VI and VII. Thanks Tomas! I agree, the bag is a nifty little gift

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two more on the way from JW

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to take a minute and say how impressed I am with Tomas. I finally got around to ordering the 11/22/63 traycase for my S/L copy of the book. The slipcase arrived super-fast and I as well got the cool little bag. But it was the quality of the slipcase that impressed me. It hurts to pay $60 for a traycase, but at least it is an extremely nice one!

And thanks to Cwalker for reminding me of the price increase so I finally got off my butt and ordered it! I have been looking at that one for months and just never pulled the trigger!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot guys... you just made me spend another $60. This is like the greatest worst support group ever

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Two more on the way from JW

Excellent! Those look great! He finished the two that I had ordered and before he dispatched(as those Brits like to say )I added yet another. A nice, patient man

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I wanted to take a minute and say how impressed I am with Tomas. I finally got around to ordering the 11/22/63 traycase for my S/L copy of the book. The slipcase arrived super-fast and I as well got the cool little bag. But it was the quality of the slipcase that impressed me. It hurts to pay $60 for a traycase, but at least it is an extremely nice one!

And thanks to Cwalker for reminding me of the price increase so I finally got off my butt and ordered it! I have been looking at that one for months and just never pulled the trigger!
    Concur. It's super nice and heavy. Well constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Thanks a lot guys... you just made me spend another $60. This is like the greatest worst support group ever
    Ain't it though? AA in reverse .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Excellent! Those look great! He finished the two that I had ordered and before he dispatched(as those Brits like to say )I added yet another. A nice, patient man
    Jeff is great people! He's going to have a good April lol.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I virtually have a standing order with Jeff, 5 at a time to OZ...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I virtually have a standing order with Jeff, 5 at a time to OZ...
    You'll be done in no time at that rate. I've got more coming as well.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Recently put in a small 6 slipcase order to Jeff. It'll be interesting if I measured right this time. It'll be more interesting when I post what I am getting the slipcases for since I haven't seen people post slipcases for some of these books. I'll keep everyone posted if I did it right and add the dimensions I used if I got it right.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

IT took a Saturday to a Saturday to receive 6 new slipcases from Jeff. Super fast and not a scratch on the shipping box. All 6 are black with silver lettering. If anyone wants me to add the dimensions I gave to Jeff let me know and I will. They fit perfect! I will add that a couple seem slightly bowed outward a tad, but I'm not worried as they will be pushed between book to straighten them out over the course of time. Thank you very much Jeff again! Anyone else think of what I did?

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    IT took a Saturday to a Saturday to receive 6 new slipcases from Jeff. Super fast and not a scratch on the shipping box. All 6 are black with silver lettering. If anyone wants me to add the dimensions I gave to Jeff let me know and I will. They fit perfect! I will add that a couple seem slightly bowed outward a tad, but I'm not worried as they will be pushed between book to straighten them out over the course of time. Thank you very much Jeff again! Anyone else think of what I did?

I really like the My Pretty pony SC. Can you post the dimensions for that one? I may have to get one of those flr my copy.

My Mood
    Confused

The MY Pretty Pony is now taller and doesn't fit in my bookcase . I need to figure that one out now lol
    Salem's Lot large edition: 13 1/4" high, 9 1/4" wide, 1 3/4" deep. black slipcase with SK lettering silver
    The Stand uncut: 9 1/2" high, 6 1/2" wide, 2 5/8" deep. black slipcase with SK lettering silver
    My Pretty Pony: 14 1/8" high, 9 1/2" wide, 7/8" deep. black slipcase with SK lettering silver
    King's Battlegrounds: 10 3/8" high, 8 3/8" wide, 1" deep. black slipcase with SK lettering silver (2 of these for both standard and the signed editions).
    Dolan's Cadillac: was one from on file that Jeff made sometime ago I've seen posted here. Black slipcase with lettering silver.

Country
    Country Flag

A huge fan of Jeff's work and slipcases in general. I do find it interesting that you chose to slipcase a slipcase (My Pretty Pony). I assume for added protection since the original is pretty much just printed cardboard.

My Mood
    Confused

A huge fan of Jeff's work and slipcases in general. I do find it interesting that you chose to slipcase a slipcase (My Pretty Pony). I assume for added protection since the original is pretty much just printed cardboard.
    Absolutely correct Brian. The cardboard slipcase just dents too much from it just sitting there and it drives me nuts. I figured it would be smarter to protect it much better this way. A little too late as this is my second copy and like almost all of them, the cardboard slipcase does have some minor dents. I figured why not as it should help protect it now.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Absolutely correct Brian. The cardboard slipcase just dents too much from it just sitting there and it drives me nuts. I figured it would be smarter to protect it much better this way. A little too late as this is my second copy and like almost all of them, the cardboard slipcase does have some minor dents. I figured why not as it should help protect it now.
    I've been lucky and mine is still pretty much flawless. But, I'll admit, you got me thinking on this one too. Thinking a red one might look really sweet .

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great minds think alike Brian I was thinking the same thing.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If there is a lot of interest in a MPP case, I could do some custom artwork...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Better you than me this time the only thing is that the largest plate is 5.25"x8" so we would have to be creative

Country
    Country Flag

Great minds think alike Brian I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    You have my vote, Simon. The custom art work would seal the deal for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Latest CD Slipcase:

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are my newest cases from Jeff. They are just test cases and will be open for orders once I can confirm fit

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Josh. Which book is the SK one for?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Shining UK 1/1 I got from this years HF

My Mood
    Confused

The Shining UK 1/1 I got from this years HF
    Super nice. Regardless for what books they are for, Jeff does great work! It is nice to see other slipcases made for other writers besides King .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast