Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would be interested in the Doubleday cases depending on final price shipped to US.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Simon, the new artworks look great for both Carrie and Dolan's Cadillac. Quick thought. Do you think the "Doubleday" text should be placed at the bottom of the spine, positioned where you'd usually see the publisher name/logo? Just a thought. It looks great where it is too.
    I think so too... this might be a reusable plate (if it is possible - I'm not sure)
    no matter what - these looks great! and there are more and more people wanting them
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I would be interested in the Doubleday cases depending on final price shipped to US.
    Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Put me down for 2 Dolans and the Doubledays…..
    Got it.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't actually own Dolan's Cadillac, but I'd probably buy the slipcase as I will eventually buy the book.

Does it mean you have a problem when you buy slipcases for books you don't own yet?! Hmmm...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I don't actually own Dolan's Cadillac, but I'd probably buy the slipcase as I will eventually buy the book.

Does it mean you have a problem when you buy slipcases for books you don't own yet?! Hmmm...
    Good one! I have the same problem, so you're not alone. I have had a custom traycase for the Carrie ARC sitting empty on my shelf for about 6 months, and it will likely sit empty for another year or more until I get the ARC.

I'll put you down for the Dolan's.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Simon, the new artworks look great for both Carrie and Dolan's Cadillac. Quick thought. Do you think the "Doubleday" text should be placed at the bottom of the spine, positioned where you'd usually see the publisher name/logo? Just a thought. It looks great where it is too.
    I think so too... this might be a reusable plate (if it is possible - I'm not sure)
    no matter what - these looks great! and there are more and more people wanting them
    OK, so the entire design has to fit on one plate as I understand it. The price of the plate is directly proportional to the plate size, so if you have a big space between one part of the design and the other this increases the plate size and therefore the cost. Keeping the design together ensures the smallest plate and lowest cost.

Here is the design for the Castle Rock Newsletter case. I have done some digging and according to US law, If I print the font, scan it and then draw around it I am NOT infringing copyright as it is considered new work. This is what I have done in all cases. I am not actually using ANY published fonts but my own drawings (based upon the original).

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I realised the spines for Carrie and Shining were not to scale (Carrie is quite a thin book) I have resized based on the actual books.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Put me down for Doubleday slipcases. Also a slipcase for all four Bachman paperbacks if there is enough interest.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like the Castle Rock one. And regarding your point on the larger block increasing costs, I hadn't considered that so I'm okay with the Doubleday being where you have it. Not sure how the rest of the folks feel about it.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Put me down for Doubleday slipcases. Also a slipcase for all four Bachman paperbacks if there is enough interest.
    Got it on the Doubleday. For the Bachman, I'd recommend just contacting Jeff direct as he already has blocking for that.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

Yes

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dolan's Cadillac slipcase looks great! Against my better judgement to save money at the moment put me down for three.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    The Dolan's Cadillac slipcase looks great! Against my better judgement to save money at the moment put me down for three.
    Got it. In terms of quantity, keep in mind that we're consolidating commitments for the cost of the custom blocking only. Once we've got that sorted you'll place your order for the slipcases direct with Jeff. And he'll have all the details he needs on these.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would be all over that as well.
    +1

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got it on the Doubleday. For the Bachman, I'd recommend just contacting Jeff direct as he already has blocking for that.
    Whoops! Nevermind...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simon... where is the Dolan's prototype? LOL I keep checking for it. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Simon... where is the Dolan's prototype? LOL I keep checking for it. haha
    Post #42

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dolans Cadillac could have gray or silver font and the Cadillac the same color. In the book the Cadillac is referred to as gray and silver. The yellow seems off.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Here is the mockup for Dolan's...

SO SORRY! Missed that for some reason! LOVE IT!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Carrie and Shining, to scale, look great next to each other. Having a set of these will look excellent on the shelf - well done!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*Doubleday
    *Castle Rock newsletters
    *Dolan's Cadillac

All depending on final price shipped to the Netherlands.

sk

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    *Doubleday
    *Castle Rock newsletters
    *Dolan's Cadillac

All depending on final price shipped to the Netherlands.

sk
    Got it. Keep in mind, shipping and actual orders for the slipcases will be handled with Jeff directly. What we're doing here is combining resources to bring down the cost of the custom blocking order. It's a one-time cost needed to produce the plates for the printing on the cases.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the cost typically to create the custom block?

Sorry if it's been answered already.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    What is the cost typically to create the custom block?

Sorry if it's been answered already.
    No worries. Check post #1 in the thread.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The Dolans Cadillac could have gray or silver font and the Cadillac the same color. In the book the Cadillac is referred to as gray and silver. The yellow seems off.
    These are just examples. Jeff can do different colours of slipcase and blocking in at least gold, silver and red - probably others on request

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast