Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Can someone who ordered let me know what the shipping cost was to the U.S.?
    It's stated earlier in this thread.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just heard from Jeff, happy to report he is inundated with slipcase orders and will be doing the HF set for free
    Thanks everyone for supporting this project!

Jeff is a one man band so has asked that everyone is patient while he fulfills all the orders - he will get them out as fast as possible, but expect a few weeks before shipping.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does he charge when you place an order, or when your order ships?

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered 7 Doubledays in Black and Silver, 1 Dolans in Black and Silver, 1 Dolans in Black and Gold....

The Black and Silverswill match my 40+ DT cases from the Collector. Super Excited.

Awesome productions!

Thank you!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wished Jeff would make slipcases to fit the UK editions of Revival and TWTTKH. CD could have made the ones they made about a quarter of an inch or so tall and the UK editions would have fit but CD didn't.

Country
    Country Flag

BTW Jeff these slipcases are great looking an so uniform. I personal like the Black & Gold ones. They look as though they are made out of quality materials.
    Jeff thank you for all the work you have done on our behalf.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I wished Jeff would make slipcases to fit the UK editions of Revival and TWTTKH.
    Just FYI, he will make any case you want. Just give him the dimensions and he will make it custom. I'd wait until the dust has settled with all the orders he has for the Doubleday cases.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Zelig.But I still really understand why CD doesn't make the cases just that little taller they would sale more if they would.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Thank you Zelig.But I still really understand why CD doesn't make the cases just that little taller they would sale more if they would.
    Probably because you'd want the book to fit snug inside the case. At least, that's my opinion. CD has done a couple UK editions in the past. See post #2 in this thread for some links.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Update from Jeff - seems he's been burning the midnight oil!

I have done all the Dolan's that have been ordered and will contact the members who have just ordered that slipcase so I can get them sent out. I am halfway through the printing on the Doubledays so hopefully will be in a position to start sending out the first sets next week.

I love my Black and Gold, but I gotta say, Blue and Silver is Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are really nice. Makes me wish I had that book!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Yeah, me too! Another one that's on the list.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Yeah, me too! Another one that's on the list.
    You don't need the book to order the slipcase! I don't have the book, but I'm sure I'll pick one up eventually. Might as well have the slipcase ready!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're right. That was my initial plan actually, but as usual I'm spending more than I would like lately so I have to push back on the case for now. But I've ordered all the Doubleday ones.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received the "Please pay/ready to be shipped" email from, Jeff for my "Dolan's Cadillac"!! Not bad at $34 US for a quality case. Can't wait to get my hands on it!! Many thanks to, Jeff, Simon and Paul for all their hard work to bring this opportunity to us all!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Just got my notice from Jeff that my Doubleday slipcases are ready to go. They look pretty darn nice -- excited to see how they turned out!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received my Dolan's yesterday and it is beautiful. Kudos to Jeff and Simon for getting these done!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

9 Slipcases on the way!

Can't wait to get them on the Doubledays and Dolan's......

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still waiting on mine and it was supposed to be one of the first one's shipped. Seeing all these arrivals I am starting to get a bit concerned.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting in the Netherlands as well - but I'm not concerned.
    I'm sure the cases will be here within a couple of weeks.

sk

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Here are some more examples of plates he has already:

I am looking for slipcases to protect ALL of my signed books! I don't need anything fancy, but I am pretty sure we could get enough people to order a slipcase for IT!

Can you provide Jeff with measurements for the next five or ten books? The Viking books? I love my Doubleday series.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

I am looking for slipcases to protect ALL of my signed books! I don't need anything fancy, but I am pretty sure we could get enough people to order a slipcase for IT!

Can you provide Jeff with measurements for the next five or ten books? The Viking books? I love my Doubleday series.
    The cases shown above are all examples of existing plates that Jeff already has. This means you can order ANY size case direct from him and have one of these embossed on the side. I would point out that NONE of the standard blocks have anything on the spine.

IT is an interesting one, CD's case for the limited is pretty awesome, so it would have to compete with that. It has sparked some ideas in my head though...

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

The cases shown above are all examples of existing plates that Jeff already has. This means you can order ANY size case direct from him and have one of these embossed on the side. I would point out that NONE of the standard blocks have anything on the spine.

IT is an interesting one, CD's case for the limited is pretty awesome, so it would have to compete with that. It has sparked some ideas in my head though...
    And I would love to have a slipcase for Firestarter...
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Goddammit! Trying to concentrate on work and all I can think of is IT.. Had to take a break and draw something....

Here is a *very* rough first idea for the spine...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...and the colours are patriotic!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast