Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The full set is heading my way folks! FInal check on sizing and then we are good to go!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that I see those I am really liking how they will look on my shelf.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant work!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks really good!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely fantastic. I'm extremely glad I signed up for the complete set.
    Just gorgeous!

sk

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking about getting a slipcase for some of my signed Joe Hill books. Does anyone have any of those JH slipcases made by Jeff Whiley? Any pictures?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't read back all 11 pages.......

Can I order the Dolan's slipcase yet?

Is there a link to a website?

Thanks
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not quite yet... any day now though. Simon will post here when you can order.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What color options do you suggest for these books?
    I only saw Jeff's black slipcases with gold/red lettering.

Are you planning to order all in the same combination (black + gold) or a mix?

I would love to get slipcases for Joe Hills books
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    What color options do you suggest for these books?
    I only saw Jeff's black slipcases with gold/red lettering.

Are you planning to order all in the same combination (black + gold) or a mix?

I would love to get slipcases for Joe Hills books
    Look at the first pages of this thread. There are example cases from previous work done by Jeff that show some color combinations( Red - gold, Black - Silver, Green, blue,etc). I went for black and gold as it was my preference from the start (and was obviously used when I designed them). I think Red and Gold would look good or maybe Blue and silver. Jeff should be able to tell you what color combo's he can do.

I don't know if Jeff already has a "Joe Hill" plate already made. Just ask him - if he has, he can make cases to fit any of the JH books you have.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I don't know if Jeff already has a "Joe Hill" plate already made. Just ask him - if he has, he can make cases to fit any of the JH books you have.
    I ordered a case from Jeff a while back for my UK signed NOS4R2. I can't remember the exact stamp, but I believe it has a stamp with "Joe Hill" inside a box (similar to a couple of the "Stephen King" stamps on the first page. If it's not that, it is just "JH" inside a similar box.

Either way, it looks great (sorry, I haven't taken pics of my collection yet), and is very well made. Jeff was very easy to work with, and his prices and international shipping were extremely reasonable.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok people. All cases have now been checked and other than one minor size issue (now resolved) everything is good to go!

Please read the following carefully as it will make the ordering of these cases much easier and quicker.

1. You will need to contact Jeff directly to order your cases. he can be reached by email at: jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com
    2. Price for each case is £12.95 plus shipping. If you order multiple cases he will ship together.
    3. Color choices. Cases can be made in Dark Blue, Black, Burgundy, Brown, Beige and Green. Lettering can be done in Gold, Silver or Black (see examples below) It will *really* help Jeff if everyone can decide their color options NOW and and I will let him know. This is because it is time consuming to keep changing the plates on the printing machine.
    4. Again, due to plate changing, he will do the people ONLY having Dolan's cases first.

If you have requested cases on this thread please, please, contact Jeff and put your order in asap. The reason we are getting custom lettering at no extra charge is because of the large number of cases Jeff is expecting to make. Lets make sure we make good on our side of that deal.

One other thing, I requested that Jeff made another set of the Doubleday's for me as I wanted to auction them on eBay for the HF. (obviously I expect that members here wont bid as they can order them direct, but it will be interesting to see what other non TDT collectors out there value a set like this). Jeff has also generously agreed to make this extra set for FREE - provided everyone puts their order in... don't let me down folks, these cases are great and it's been a pleasure working with Jeff to have them made. I see more in the future....

Here are some pictures of the final cases and some additional color options.

color examples:

Brown and Gold

Green and Silver, Blue and Silver, Red and Gold

Beige and Gold

Black and Silver

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Ok people. All cases have now been checked and other than one minor size issue (now resolved) everything is good to go!

Please read the following carefully as it will make the ordering of these cases much easier and quicker.

1. You will need to contact Jeff directly to order your cases. he can be reached by email at: jeffery.whiley@ntlworld.com
    I tried to contact Jeff using the above e-mail address, but my message could not be delivered:

The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.

sk

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it should be jeffrey in the email address

Edit:
    Order placed and confirmed
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    I think it should be jeffrey in the email address

Edit:
    Order placed and confirmed
    Whoops! Good spot, original post now fixed!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Simon, I'd suggest that you also advertise these cases on some of the other King boards--The Collector, the SKMB and the CD boards especially.

John

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to get a set of the Double Day and 1 of Dolan's Cadillac They are very nice looking.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I would like to get a set of the Double Day and 1 of Dolan's Cadillac They are very nice looking.
    Contact Jeff directly (see above) there are no restrictions on who can order these.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Simon, I'd suggest that you also advertise these cases on some of the other King boards--The Collector, the SKMB and the CD boards especially.

John

I will do John, I wanted TDT members to get there orders in first! I foresee a backlog building up

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are beautiful cases

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone who ordered let me know what the shipping cost was to the U.S.?

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm torn between either the black/gold or the red/gold. Decisions, decisions!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I'm torn between either the black/gold or the red/gold. Decisions, decisions!
    Go for the Blue/Silver

Country
    Country Flag

Easy choice: I went for the black/gold.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast