Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1316

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    If anyone knows someone who does good slipcase/traycase work and is willing to take orders for single copies, please share! I would ask about some of the casemakers for CD or Sub Press (and the traycase for the rebound Firestarter is a work of art) but I imagine they have some minimum order size? Maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong.

If folks are looking for super high end cases, I've seen some of the work of H & H Book Services (link) in person at various rare book fairs and they are truly amazing. The custom leather illustrated traycases start at ~$1000...
    All the ones you see in this thread are designed by Simon for the plate but then the case is created by Jeff Whiley. (jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com ). If you are not looking for a stamped case you can have him create you just plane cases and order nameplates from somewhere and adhere them yourself. There is a thread for all aftermarket slipcases created so far in the wiki.

Also if you do want a plate you can design your own and send it to him and he will get it created. If you go this route you will have to pay for plate creation and case but for some books it is worth it. Also you can do a poll and see how many people are interested in the plate. If you have enough people he will sometimes make the plate for free since it will get a lot of use.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can never access the website, but If I recall correctly and IMO : https://www.stephenkingcatalog.com/ / overlook connection is quite out there with ugly designs too.

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Too bad I threw out my glitter case for Desperation this morning. It would look great next to a glow in the dark FDNS case. Egad!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are some pretty nasty looking cases for sure and the plates that are on them are tacky IMO. I agree that Jeff is the way to go. Would be well worth the cost of having a plate made if you plan to have a lot of cases made with a certain author's name/design. I believe Paul also had some cases made for Alec.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Too bad I threw out my glitter case for Desperation this morning. It would look great next to a glow in the dark FDNS case. Egad!!!
    You know my favorite part is they literally put a damn star on the case... what part of "Full Dark NO STARS" don't you get

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK now I'm confused, seriously... what the hell is a "glitter case for Desperation" ?
    Did I miss something ?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    OK now I'm confused, seriously... what the hell is a "glitter case for Desperation" ?
    Did I miss something ?
    Go back a page.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Did I miss something ?
    A couple of tray cases were commissioned for my Secret Santa gift. The guy that made them apparently thought that stamped letters with glitter sprinkled on top of them was the way to go. Instead, the case just found its way to the trash.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate to say it but DO NOT USE Custom Cases by Chris. I bought and paid for 9 cases which was how I was able to get cases for Brian around the limit for SS. NOT ONE WAS GOOD. I was so pissed off I cancelled the rest of my order with him. I hired Paul S to do them. Sure it will be A LOT more... but we all know Paul's work and the quality is much more important to me. Sadly I am out the money on all the cases but I can save other members here from making the same mistake.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I hate to say it but DO NOT USE Custom Cases by Chris. I bought and paid for 9 cases which was how I was able to get cases for Brian around the limit for SS. NOT ONE WAS GOOD. I was so pissed off I cancelled the rest of my order with him. I hired Paul S to do them. Sure it will be A LOT more... but we all know Paul's work and the quality is much more important to me. Sadly I am out the money on all the cases but I can save other members here from making the same mistake.
    I would like to take a minute to thank they little bitch coward that gave me negative rep for this post I guess me trying to help and warn fellow members isn't cool. Another reason I come here less and less Have a wonderful day whoever you are
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to take a minute to thank they little bitch coward that gave me negative rep for this post I guess me trying to help and warn fellow members isn't cool. Another reason I come here less and less Have a wonderful day whoever you are
    I would laugh if "Chris" created an account just to do that.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Simon, any plans for new cases from Jeff?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Hey Simon, any plans for new cases from Jeff?
    Yes and apologies to everyone who has been waiting on these. The designs have been done for a while now, it's just waiting on me to get everything sized correctly for making the plates. It's a PITA and requires a lot of different software packages to get to the final result. I just need to knuckle down and get it done.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

These are the designs I am intending on finalising next:

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Will these be available for both US and UK versions similar to IT?
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic, Simon. They look great.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    Will these be available for both US and UK versions similar to IT?
    IT was kind of a one-off as there were so many that wanted a slipcase for the UK book. These will be sized to fit the US editions (and will have the US publisher on the spine)

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Outstanding! Love them! What can we bribe you with to help you get them done? Thanks Simon!

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Look great can't wait for the chance to buy some of these.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Simon!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great designs, Simon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello all,

I am trying to gauge interest in slipcases for Brandon Sandersons books... the design will be as shown below (on front of slipcase). And the slipcases would be made by the wonderful Jeff Whiley. The cost of the plate to make the slipcases will be determined by the interest.

So if you are interested please let me know so I can give Jeff a fair estimate of expected orders....

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, so I got my finger out of my **** and finished off the artwork for Jeff to get plates created. He will be reviewing and checking this over the weekend.

DON'T contact him YET for any of the new cases, it will take some time before they are available to order.

So new slipcases (all designed for US firsts and available soon) will be:
    Danse Macabre
    Skeleton Crew
    Thinner
    The Talisman

I also included a bonus design as I know some of you have been waiting for this one for a while. (thanks to Zelig for spotting an issue before it went to print!)

The Eyes of The Dragon:

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

OK, that EOTD looks insane. I would be interested in that, The Talisman and SK. Who is Jeff, and how would one buy them. And are they limited or if I don't jump right away, will I be safe. And is there one for a US IT?.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    OK, that EOTD looks insane. I would be interested in that, The Talisman and SK. Who is Jeff, and how would one buy them. And are they limited or if I don't jump right away, will I be safe.
    He and Simon work together on designing amazing cases. Shoot him an email. You can also check out all of the other cases they have done, along with other designs here.

You can email him here. He is UK based, so if you are looking to buy and live in the US it makes sense to buy between 4 and 6/7 to maximize your shipping costs. At least, that's what I do
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast