Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A simple slipcase made by Jeff, for the anthology 'Bound For Evil - Curios Tales of Books Gone Bad'.

Next one is a replacement case for Robert Bloch's 'Strange Eons'. Have also ordered a replacement dustjacket for this book - the spine of the jacket is faded, though the book itself is in mint condition. You can see what sunlight will do to books and cases, in the last photo.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They are very cool Lincoln (And I love that Bloch edition)...

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Antoni. I have an Arkham House Bloch book on its way to me, that I think you'll like.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Can we place our order for IT and others yet?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Lincoln!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

Hello, I am wondering if anyone knows someone that makes custom slipcases with re-purposed wood? I could hunt around for a carpenter locally but I thought I would try here first. Thanks
    Stephen King Wantlist: Ubris, Dt2 #768; SDreams1 #543 - Thankee-Sai

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Check out Dolso. Not sure if he uses repurposed wood but it's is surely within his capability.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...lso+collection

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Can we place our order for IT and others yet?
    Soon - I'm (as usual) the roadblock on this. Not much spare time in my day right now, but I hope to get the finished designs to Jeff by the end of the week.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

John F. Kennedy Geminii23 will become famous soon enough Geminii23's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I also like Terry's idea, thats why he's an artist and I am am (at best) an amateur draftsman!

However, whilst I love the subtlety of his image, I feel the clown isn't "Pennywise" enough. It has inspired me to create an option C however...

Actually I think this is strong enough to replace Option B....
    That definitely got my vote! Wow.
    “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” - Steve Jobs, Apple Inc. RIP

My Videos
    My Artwork

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Check out Dolso. Not sure if he uses repurposed wood but it's is surely within his capability.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...lso+collection
    All carpentry is repurposed wood... At first it was a tree, now it's a book holder!

Traveler Johnpotten is on a distinguished road

Off topic a bit (as it's about slipcases, but not for SK books!) can anyone recommend a good person to design some slipcases for my Neil Gaiman collection that I could get made? All ideas welcome!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnpotten View Post
    Off topic a bit (as it's about slipcases, but not for SK books!) can anyone recommend a good person to design some slipcases for my Neil Gaiman collection that I could get made? All ideas welcome!
    Jeff. The guy that this thread is all about for the most part!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Yeah, I've been talking to Jeff, he makes, but doesn't design.

Unless I have the wrong Jeff!!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've been talking to Jeff, he makes, but doesn't design.

Unless I have the wrong Jeff!!
    Usually Simon or I design the cases or just the person requesting it designs it and sends them over to Jeff for plate creation.

EDIT: I would recommend a generic plate for Gaiman unless you are will to pay for individual plates for each.

I had thought about the number of plates and cost, but it might be a cost I could live with and maybe Jeff/ others could use after.

Do you use a specific template/programme to design on? I think that's where my expertise fails.. I know what I want but not how to deliver in a usable format!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had thought about the number of plates and cost, but it might be a cost I could live with and maybe Jeff/ others could use after.

Do you use a specific template/programme to design on? I think that's where my expertise fails.. I know what I want but not how to deliver in a usable format!
    If you have an image that you like I usually just put it through a program that turns it into a vector image (allows for scaling and a standard flat image in 2 colors). After it's done in there out put to PDF at a 1 to 1 scale and send to Jeff for plate creation.

Thanks, I'll see how I get on!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi all, update time on IT!

Firstly apologies to all as I have been the cause of delays on this, mainly due to work commitments, however things are in full swing now.

Jeff has all the artwork and we have been through the process of confirming sizing and alignment (always fun, but it HAS to be mm perfect). Here are some of the test shots for placement of the UK version:

Regarding the US ,version I decided to put a box around the image as requested by a member here. I think it finishes it off quite well.

The plates should be made sometime next week, please DONT bother Jeff with orders until we have checked the prototypes!

Also... Jeff has a new slipcase covering that is actual leather, I have seen some examples and it looks great!, it's a little more expensive, but i'm sure you will agree its worthwhile. Previous slipcase materials will still be available however.

i will update this thread when the slipcases are available.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking good, Simon. I agree, the box really finishes off the US edition well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Hi all, update time on IT!

Firstly apologies to all as I have been the cause of delays on this, mainly due to work commitments, however things are in full swing now.

Jeff has all the artwork and we have been through the process of confirming sizing and alignment (always fun, but it HAS to be mm perfect). Here are some of the test shots for placement of the UK version:

Regarding the US ,version I decided to put a box around the image as requested by a member here. I think it finishes it off quite well.

The plates should be made sometime next week, please DONT bother Jeff with orders until we have checked the prototypes!

Also... Jeff has a new slipcase covering that is actual leather, I have seen some examples and it looks great!, it's a little more expensive, but i'm sure you will agree its worthwhile. Previous slipcase materials will still be available however.

i will update this thread when the slipcases are available.
    I plan on getting 2 of the UK and 3 for it! looks great!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks nice. I like the rule line around the US image.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A plus. Can't wait to add to my library.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Love them Simon!

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great - very nice work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast