Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1316

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the info. I checked and I used the correct email address. I imagine he's very busy so I'll give him some time. I did check out the website you listed. Not sure I want to spend that much money. Besides, his listing says DT4 is currently out of stock. I may just order some of the other one's from Jeff and wait, patiently, for him to make the DT series. Hopefully soon.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    Thanks for the info. I checked and I used the correct email address. I imagine he's very busy so I'll give him some time. I did check out the website you listed. Not sure I want to spend that much money. Besides, his listing says DT4 is currently out of stock. I may just order some of the other one's from Jeff and wait, patiently, for him to make the DT series. Hopefully soon.
    It's unlikely I'm afraid. For King books the artwork has been done by me and I have no plans to do DT books as I feel it would compete with those already available from Tomas.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Jeff is making me slipcases and wanted me to check sizes. Can someone confirm these sizes? My original bachman paperback set is just slightly too small for Roadwork. Any help is appreciated.

US First Bag of bones 9 5/8 x 6 5/8 x 1 3/4

4 Bachman paperbacks 7 1/8 x 4 1/4 x 2 5/8

Thanks!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Would anyone else be interested in getting one of these Jeff projects started for some of Brandon Sandersons works? Perhaps The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance to start?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Would anyone else be interested in getting one of these Jeff projects started for some of Brandon Sandersons works? Perhaps The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance to start?
    I wouldn't mind a generic Brandon Sanderson one. I have most of his books signed.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Assuming there are a few people interested maybe it can have his name on the front and the below symbol on the spine... I think it would look great on the shelf.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't really work. It would only work for one nook since the spine and front would have to be the same plate. You could do it all on the front but not spine and front

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

At some point, we may need to request that inquiries/solicitations about these type of projects (difficult to even think they are associated with Stephen King) be either approved in advance or posted in another area of the forum.

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    At some point, we may need to request that inquiries/solicitations about these type of projects (difficult to even think they are associated with Stephen King) be either approved in advance or posted in another area of the forum.
    Could a separate Aftermarket Slipcases thread be set up in the Other Authors You Collect section, as a place to discuss aftermarket slipcases and potential custom case projects that aren't directly King-related?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brionen View Post
    Could a separate Aftermarket Slipcases thread be set up in the Other Authors You Collect section, as a place to discuss aftermarket slipcases and potential custom case projects that aren't directly King-related?
    Just create a thread in the Other Authors You Collect section. Similar to what we have here.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just create a thread in the Other Authors You Collect section. Similar to what we have here.

Can't/shouldn't we determine whether there is any real interest first? Just asking.......
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Can't/shouldn't we determine whether there is any real interest first? Just asking.......

LOL! This post made me think of this Dilbert strip:

http://dilbert.com/strip/1996-07-05
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Traveler Johnpotten is on a distinguished road

Do you mean having JUST the logo on the spine and his name on the front? I think Jeff would do that on one plate, so it's possible. The problem is if the spines are different widths, so central placement gets to be a problem.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

LOL! This post made me think of this Dilbert strip:

http://dilbert.com/strip/1996-07-05
    Rep points for that. The interest will declare itself. We don't need a premeeting, prior to the meeting, to determine if we think there will be any interest in the meeting, and whether or not a postmeeting should be held.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got a shipment of slipcases. I picked up 3 IT slipcases. They are wonderful but wow, that leather two color really pops. I would strongly recommend anyone getting an IT slipcases to go leather and 2 colors. It's really worth the extra few dollars.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I just got a shipment of slipcases. I picked up 3 IT slipcases. They are wonderful but wow, that leather two color really pops. I would strongly recommend anyone getting an IT slipcases to go leather and 2 colors. It's really worth the extra few dollars.

Did you get these from Jeff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes.. those are from Jeff

Yes.. those are from Jeff
    Thought so. I emailed him today

Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently got some cases custom made by a new seller - http://www.customcasesbychris.com/about.html

Do not use this guy! His quality is horrible. Two traycases were sent to me for my Secret Santa gift. Dead Zone had the wrong title and was dented, and Desperation looks like my 2nd grader did the lettering.

So, after talking to my SS and getting acquainted with the case maker, he agreed to make me 4 slipcases to make up for the poor job. I got them yesterday. Misery looks and fits great. Insomnia fits great, but the plate is crooked. The two for Desperation and Rose Madder barely fit (The RM case was still stressed after I took the book out)! I had measurements of each book along with a broadart, but the size of each case was still off.

Definitely disappointing!

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Wait... is that... is that glitter on Desperation??
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Wait... is that... is that glitter on Desperation??
    Sadly, it is. Because when you think Stephen King, doesn’t glitter just come to mind???

Ugh! I wish I knew what the guy was thinking when he was selecting materials.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really don't understand how someone could finish these cases and say "yep, the buyer will have no problem with these!"

The design choices, maybe, if his aesthetic is really that bad and he just doesn't realize it. But dented and with crooked plates?!?

And thank you for sharing these, disappointing as they may be. I actually stumbled across him awhile ago (I don't remember the context) and had him saved in my contacts for potential future projects... not anymore!!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I really don't understand how someone could finish these cases and say "yep, the buyer will have no problem with these!"

The design choices, maybe, if his aesthetic is really that bad and he just doesn't realize it. But dented and with crooked plates?!?

And thank you for sharing these, disappointing as they may be. I actually stumbled across him awhile ago (I don't remember the context) and had him saved in my contacts for potential future projects... not anymore!!
    Yeah, I had considered commissioning him for case work too, awhile back. So, I guess I’m just glad that I’m not out any money with this occurrence.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will say, that's a really thoughtful Secret Santa gift, though! Shame about the turnout. At least you got a couple good ones out of the mix.

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone knows someone who does good slipcase/traycase work and is willing to take orders for single copies, please share! I would ask about some of the casemakers for CD or Sub Press (and the traycase for the rebound Firestarter is a work of art) but I imagine they have some minimum order size? Maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong.

If folks are looking for super high end cases, I've seen some of the work of H & H Book Services (link) in person at various rare book fairs and they are truly amazing. The custom leather illustrated traycases start at ~$1000...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast