Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Go ahead and post pics! (Doesn't mean I'll completely understand what I'm looking at initially , but let's see it! )

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Got this sweet little piece in the mail yesterday.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to have a bunch of records but I don't anymore as they didn't survive the years and the moving I did. I can't even remember what happened to them, but I purchased them all back in the day before CD's. Like when you went to a record store, all you could get was vinyl. I'm bummed that I don't still have them.

I do have one story to share though. I have a very vivid memory as a child of seeing this album on the floor of my older brother's room. Little did I know that history was being made around this artist. The cover stayed with me over the decades and a few years ago I picked one up off eBay out of nostalgia for that time. In many ways, this was the soundtrack of my youth, as it was for thousands of us at that time and place. If you have seen Searching for Sugar Man, you will know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, watch it now! It's an amazing story.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

B&N has an exclusive Shawshank Redemption blue vinyl for Vinyl Day

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/shaw...=0802215290715
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I bought this at B&N last week when I went to look for the new Scribner paperbacks. I couldn't resist even though it cost more than the Shawshank LP, although I did get a 10% discount:

Last edited by ur2ndbiggestfan; 08-25-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, looks like Shawshank is sold out online.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I bought another copy of Footloose for my daughter. I also scored a live Nirvana bootleg and Chelsea Wolfe Live at Roadburn for a friend's birthday. Of course, there's a ton more but it's crap not many of here are familiar with so I'm not going to bother. Stuff like punk bands releasing a single 7" and then breaking up.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished a book called the "The Vinyl Detective Mysteries - Written in Dead Wax". Quick read, I guess might be called a beach book, but could be interesting for those out hunting old records who would read a murder mystery.

Almost made me want to go looking...

I just pre-ordered a copy of Green Day's 20th Anniversary Nimrod. It even comes with a Nimrod shirt.

http://store.greenday.com/nimrod.html

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently rediscovered my old Ultratone PM 5. Any idea who might work on this? There is no sound from the needle yet white noise from the speaker..
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

CREEPSHOW 2 WAXWORKS 2 DISC 12" 45 RPM.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I started making a list for discogs and deadformat. It turns out I have 331 7" EPs. I'm dreading the LP list. Every record needs to include the record label, colour, pressing and any important information.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought of you the other day, Pb. I stumbled across a vinyl Venom copy of Welcome to Hell on eBay. I was just too broke to buy it, however I suspect it was a new press.

Country
    Country Flag

It seems like I've finally cracked the Flickr code. Here are the acquisitions from last week. Very happy to have added the Isis/Pig Destroyer split 7" to the collection.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I just went through this thread, lots of missing pics (including mine, deleted the post), and weird stuff from photobucket. Need to start over.
    I must be out of circulation! I never heard of any of those above!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy thread revival Batman!

I've bought probably 100 records since I started this thread and haven't shared any of it. If I'm feeling ambitious maybe I'll take some photos later.

Time to make the jump to imgur guys

Here's a must have for any serious vinyl collector. The rare red vinyl LET'S ALL SING WITH THE CHIPMUNKS live pressing. Extremely hard to find in beat up condition like this:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I just went through this thread, lots of missing pics (including mine, deleted the post), and weird stuff from photobucket. Need to start over.
    I must be out of circulation! I never heard of any of those above!
    Photobucket commandeered my account away from me. Flickr works fine though.

All the records I posted are something like an equivalent of small press writers; good stuff if you know where to find it.

Country
    Country Flag

I picked these up today. Top row are all originals, bottom are reissues. Those 7" records cost me a princely total of fifteen Canadian dollars. They're worth considerably more than that so today's a good day.

[/url]

I've heard of The Who, but not Why.
    I will guess you listen to a lot more music than I do!

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, the band is called Discharge. That's some cut-rate design for that 12".

Got this today from Amazon, in a too big box with no protection whatsoever, so it was a bit scuffed up. I had an internet talk with a customer rep who said this won't happen again (it has on my last 3 vinyl orders) so we will see:

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I picked these up today. Top row are all originals, bottom are reissues. Those 7" records cost me a princely total of fifteen Canadian dollars. They're worth considerably more than that so today's a good day.

[/url]
    Wow. I haven't heard from Discharge in ages.

That's nothing, I NEVER heard of Discharge!
    And for some even more obscure artists;
    Weird Al says it is mandatory you adopt a dog (or cat), so you can have mandatory fun! And that's that!

Since it's a slow day, I've decided to bore you with some exclusive glarey pictures from my vast collection of fantastic, fabulous 45 RPM vinyl singles collection, some of which are worth from between 99¢ and a whopping (if you can believe it) $1.99! So feast your eyeballs on these!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast