Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's really cool
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

Too cool!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Any other 45's?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh my Lord!!! Please don't get me started on all the Vinyl albums I had and tossed away for CD's!!! I do have some of the original art though...

BTW, signed by all four "Beatles".

And "Ron Woods" version of the, Eric Clapton album...

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

12" 45 RPM LIMITED EDITION 1/2,500

[QUOTE=Merlin1958;893993]Oh my Lord!!! Please don't get me started on all the Vinyl albums I had and tossed away for CD's!!!

Spoiler:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=needfulthings;894005]
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Oh my Lord!!! Please don't get me started on all the Vinyl albums I had and tossed away for CD's!!!

Spoiler:
    I know. right? Does the fact that I own over 400 CD's help? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked this up yesterday for a pittance, needs a thorough cleaning and relubricating before it gets put to use.

The GODFATHER TRI-FOLD ALBUM.

As far as I know this was the 1st MORRICONE ALBUM released in the U.S.A. 1967. (I know I had to go to my record store & pre-order it after seeing the movie.)

Side 2 "A Fistful of Dollars" Suite.... SWEET!

How about this one? "YOU SCUM SUCKING PIG!!!"

Spoiler:
    Directed by Marlon Brando.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This is what side B of my band's first EP looks like:

My last band had a 7" with a Plexiglas cover with a screened image. Limited to I think 25.

1955 T.V.s Producers' Showcase Thornton Wilder's OUR TOWN with Paul Newman 45rpm Soundtrack.

With the Sinatra song that was later to become the title song for
    Spoiler:

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WDIL, Are you sitting on any of these? I would be interested in hearing your band on vinyl, but it wouldn't need to be any limited edition.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't even have my own copy of that record. We pressed 500 of the first 7" and 700 of the second 7". We broke up in 2007 and they've been out of print since. Here are both but I wouldn't pay that much: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...p&_sacat=11233

Much cheaper here: http://www.discogs.com/artist/2006490-About-To-Snap

Here's the entire second record: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTAXxH4KFbg

Reliable online stores:
    http://ebullition.com
    http://revhq.com
    http://relapse.com

Amazon.ca has a surprisingly nice selection of vinyl too.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I've been slowly collecting over a couple years, mainly just bands that put out extra songs on vinyl only. I buy a lot more now that I don't live in a condo. I want to more soundtracks just to have as background music while I do that dishes or make dinner but mostly all I see is horror soundtracks. Nice to see there is more Needful.
    The last 3 records I got were Sam Cooke's newest retrospective, the Menahan Street Band and my father in law's Mississippi John Hurt Live which are great for just sitting around listening.

I actually built my own box to hold the records this year, that was awesome. Although the wood stain I used took months to not smell up the house! It even has casters! I am proud that I finished it.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I mostly have all of my vinyl from when I was a teenager (mostly 80s stuff) but I have a few newer albums. I received a Crosley player a few years back as a gift to play them on. When I come across an album I see that interests me, I will pick it up, but I wouldn't call it a hobby by any means.

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I mostly have all of my vinyl from when I was a teenager (mostly 80s stuff) but I have a few newer albums. I received a Crosley player a few years back as a gift to play them on. When I come across an album I see that interests me, I will pick it up, but I wouldn't call it a hobby by any means.

Fair warning, I've heard that Crosley turntable's lack of counter balance on the tone arm, lack of anti-skating, and cartridge/needle type can ALL damage your records. It might be perfect for you as a casual listener, just passing along that I've heard they are not kind to the vinyl itself.

Those 30 seconds to Mars albums kick some *Serious* ass. I'm deeply jealous.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My 15 year old daughter found my sister's records from the 70's and 80's in the basement. We ended up getting her one of those Crosley players so she could start listening to them. Now, she is buying any new music she can on vinyl. She just loves the whole retro feel to them. Although a lot of them are on 180-gram vinyl and cost $25-30 bucks a piece.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    My 15 year old daughter found my sister's records from the 70's and 80's in the basement. We ended up getting her one of those Crosley players so she could start listening to them. Now, she is buying any new music she can on vinyl. She just loves the whole retro feel to them. Although a lot of them are on 180-gram vinyl and cost $25-30 bucks a piece.
    Have you felt the 180 gram stuff? It feels glorious, especially compared to some of the lightweight 70's vinyl.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Have you felt the 180 gram stuff? It feels glorious, especially compared to some of the lightweight 70's vinyl.
    It is nice, which explains the price tag. Not every new album in on 180 gram, so some of the prices are still reasonable. I'm sure they would sound a lot better on a nicer system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast