Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm thinking of buying this, however, my birthday's coming up (hint hint).
    It's also available on multi-format vinyl LPs.
    I think any WHO fan would want this.

https://i.imgur.com/4dlgh1r.jpg
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I was wondering if that one would catch your eye.

I actually think it's worth the 3 bills (containing, as it does, a true shitload of new mixes, extra tracks, live material - 11 discs! - and 2 hardcover books); I just don't necessarily have 3 bills in my budget for it (although I may...).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ordered the WHO, couldn't help myself.

Saw this ZZ TOP album at Walmart so I eliminated it from their shelf and eliminated some money from my wallet. Yellow vinyl, and it says limited edition, but not sure how many that means.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone on Discogs? I had to get an account because I kept buying doubles.

This is me:
    https://www.discogs.com/user/hollowman78/collection

I've sold at least 300 records this year. This is pretty much just the essentials that I still spin regularly.

I am not on Discogs, probably because I was not aware of its existence.

A couple of John Lennon Record Store Day discs, one from 2014 (I think) and one from this year, the nine-disc EP set of GIMME SOME TRUTH on white vinyl, 1500 made. Pricey, but I HAD to have one! 12 month payment plan with very little interest so I went for it. I wonder why I'm always broke, I can't figure it out!

EDIT -- I think the INSTANT KARMA! is from 2020, not 2014.

https://i.imgur.com/jh1Z0pw.jpg

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    WEIRD THE AL YANKOVIC STORY soundtrack on Pink Vinyl
    There needs to be more Al on vinyl. Need some re-issues Stat.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Last couple I purchased:
    Pumpkins Acoustic Bootleg, not a legit release but it's a nice rip from the CD from '95.
    Quicksand Slip 30th Anniversary with book, I like the Book format a lot.
    The Animals Retrospective, I'm not sure when this was released on vinyl but it's fantastic.
    Finally Phish released Farmhouse. I don't really care about colors but I really like this Northern Lights swirl. Nice little bonus 7" with Driver on it is cool.

SECRETS, Human League, half speed master new edition:

https://i.imgur.com/9Tvw9T0.jpg

Speaking of Mister Weird, I mean Mister Yankovic, I do have a couple of his releases on LP:

https://i.imgur.com/mHdjnLs.jpg

Jethro Tull THE BROADSWORD AND THE BEAST 40th Anniversary Editions
    3LP set
    Monster Set with 5 CDs and 3 DVDs
    Made in Germany

https://i.imgur.com/DErsamN.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/GtIc4EF.jpg

Just goofing around on E-Bay, I see that if I'd never opened this album, I could sell it for $700, since it has the rare 'hype sticker' still attached. I wish I'd bought two and kept one sealed! Or maybe three, or four, or.....
    sorry about the glare

https://i.imgur.com/y0JbJiZ.jpg

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man ... a lesson I learned the hard way. Sealed doesn't mean mint. Source: my Metallica "...And Justice for All" box set. Records themselves can still move inside the cover and cause rips/seam splits. I'm planning on leaving it to my daughter when I shuffle off to hopefully greener pastures but if I were to sell it, it'd be VG. It's out of print and it can't be replaced. I'd feel kinda crummy anyway, it's not like the seller could know about the damage anyway.

So these days unless I have no other option, I buy from online stores specializing in vinyl (they're all on discogs). They open the records for you to inspect for damage, and then put the record in an archival sleeve (my go to is Mobile Fidelity aka Mo-Fii). That goes outside the cover but still in the plastic sleeve.

Think about how Camelot ships their books vs how publishers ship their books. Tony and Kim inspect the books and slap mylar covers on vs a publisher sends you a sealed book but then it's a guessing game if it's really mint or not. And don't get me started on Amazon and their so-called packing, yeesh.

Sorry, I like to rant about records.

These are the sleeves I was talking about:
    https://www.amazon.com/Hudson-Hi-Fi-...Y2hfYXRm&psc=1

Chuck/recycle those cheapo paper sleeves. They WILL scratch your records (causing "surface marks") or in the worst case, the really cheap acidic paper will degrade the vinyl).

I cut out the hype sticker and put it inside the outer sleeve . By Mo-Fi, of course. If I see archival sleeves in the listing, I know the seller looked after his records. It's a tell.

Blah blah blah

I have (mostly) the same feelings about records and books that you do, but differ WIDELY about sellers opening them from the sleeves or shrink-wrap before sending them to me. I DEFINITELY am against that!

I remember being in the record store when these albums came out and thinking I'll never open them and sell them when they're worth over a hundred bucks apiece.
    And now that they are, I don't want to sell them!

https://i.imgur.com/EyviFcZ.jpg

The Doors' (Doors's?) 2nd album, STRANGE DAYS, in what the box says is Transparent Blue Vinyl although the sticker on the album states is Green Vinyl. Strange indeed!

https://i.imgur.com/Pz7BHrF.jpg

WHO'S NEXT 4LP remastered plus live and LIGHTHOUSE Super Deluxe Edition with 10 CDs and Blu-Ray:

https://i.imgur.com/7ga752k.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/FOWat0e.jpg

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    WHO'S NEXT...and LIGHTHOUSE Super Deluxe Edition with 10 CDs and Blu-Ray...
    FUCK YEAH!!!

Let us know how it is.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

I picked up the original Alien soundtrack for $5 on Saturday. I also traded in some junk at a local record store and brought home The Cure "Wild Mood Swings" 2xLP and AFI "Love Like Winter" picture disc 7". Not a fan of picture discs but I had store credit so what the heck.

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON music, 3LP set, retail exclusive black vinyl:

https://i.imgur.com/IXu1ByN.jpg

THE BREEDERS Last Splash 30th Anniversary (how time flies!) with special features! 2LP plus a single set:

https://i.imgur.com/5NRx2jv.jpg

My Mood
    Yeehaw

FYI, ur2ndbiggestfan, your messages are full (or were very recently).

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    FYI, ur2ndbiggestfan, your messages are full (or were very recently).
    I cleared some of the messages.

Oh what can it B,
    We NO it's Fra-Jill-E.
    1 weigh 2 find out, yup,
    Open the darn thing up!

A box inside a box!
    Not ticking, it's not clocks,
    I'll open this 1 2,
    Solve this mystery I'll due!

Y it's a Pink Floyd box set,
    Is it the biggest 1 yet!?
    O, where will I find the room,
    to put this huge DARK SIDE OF THE MOON!!!???

AEROSMITH'S Greatest Hits 2LP red vinyl and 4LP black vinyl Deluxe Sets:

https://i.imgur.com/1eBm8Tj.jpg

This isn't vinyl, being a CD set 25th anniversary edition of BADMOTORFINGER by Soundgarden, but I put it here because it has a small button on the bottom right corner of the lid that operates a spinning saw, if I could only get myself to remove the slip of plastic that's inserted between the battery and the contact:

https://i.imgur.com/RUUaVm4.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast