+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't expecting to see Ratt.
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

Manni Folken ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ratt's!

My entire original (USA releases anyway) King Crimson vinyl collection from the late 60s, early 70s:

Which, I am the first to admit, isn't very impressive, and I can't believe I took the shrinkwrap off of ISLANDS. What was I thinking!?!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Vagrant Dead WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Don't tell me you listened to a record?

Rip all that crummy decades old shrink-wrap and get proper record sleeves on. Make sure you store the LP outside the cover (but inside the plastic sleeve) to prevent seam splits and ringwear.

I'm not sure how picky you are about owning first pressings, limited colours etc. but sometimes you don't know what you have until you look at the matrix or a minor change on the inner sleeve etc.

Manni Folken ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

WAY too late for that!
    These are not all of my albums, but most of them have been listened to many times, and only the ones bought in recent years are unopened. Some corners are a bit bumped and some have a bit of wear here and there, although I have always taken great care to keep my possessions as pristine as possible since I signed that contract in hemoglobin with the horned gentleman guaranteeing I could take everything with me when I go.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7