Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: New project - but don't hold your breath!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Some books can be shrink wrapped after the fact as its not that hard to do - I take almost no consideration in Shrink Wrapped. And if I buy a brand new book that is shrink wrapped I ALWAYS take the shrink wrap off!

JMHO

:-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

fuckin Table View Controllers.

(thats all I have to say on that)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Apple sucks.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Apple sucks.
    IMHO Apple is the "Evil Empire"!!!!! And I don't know squat technology wise!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Just at found this thread. A fantastic idea and I love the commitment to the project. I'm about a month too late but would have volunteered to help with data entry if required. I'm sorry I don't have any lettered or many s/l's to take photos of either.

What's involved in submitting the app and it being accepted by Apple for their App Store? Is there anyway we here can help have it selected by showing our support/petition etc?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Wow. Just at found this thread. A fantastic idea and I love the commitment to the project. I'm about a month too late but would have volunteered to help with data entry if required. I'm sorry I don't have any lettered or many s/l's to take photos of either.

What's involved in submitting the app and it being accepted by Apple for their App Store? Is there anyway we here can help have it selected by showing our support/petition etc?
    Hi James - never too late to join in the 'fun'
    I have enough test data to work with right now, but in the very near future I am going to need a lot more - especially around photos/scans of covers.

With regard to submitting the app, I need to check the T's & C's but I dont think there is anything in it that would have Apple reject it. Once I have finished coding I will be testing and probably pick some 'volunteers' to try it out. This will require me to actually go out and buy my own developer licence for $99 (I can use my corporate one for personal testing, but nothing beyond that). Once it's tested, it will be submitted and fingers X'd ! Then I will start work on the Android version!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You just amaze me, Simon. I am a technological nitwit.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Some books can be shrink wrapped after the fact as its not that hard to do - I take almost no consideration in Shrink Wrapped. And if I buy a brand new book that is shrink wrapped I ALWAYS take the shrink wrap off!

JMHO

:-)
    I'm with you, unless the book is new (like straight from the distributor), I'd rather it not have shrink wrap on it. It doesn't mean it's mint because it hasn't been opened, the older the book in shrink wrap the more likely it will be to be damaged. Heat causes shrink wrap to, you guessed it, shrink! Then you end up with bent corners and damaged slipcases. Like you said, you can always easily put new shrink wrap on something too. I would never pay a dime extra for a shrink wrapped book.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Question (mainly aimed at non US members)...

I have 2 data fields that are money based. One is Price Paid and the other is Estimated Market Value. Does anyone have a problem in these being in US$? I could add another field for each that denotes currency but it seems to me that we all generally deal in $ whenever we discuss prices. In addition, I plan to do some sort of reports or analytics on total value of books, etc and mixing currencies would be really problematic.

What does everyone think?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds okay to me.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in NZ and agree USD is what I think of when valuing my collection/deciding what to pay etc.

I don't know if there is any benefit in having the ability to add in my own local currency or not. I personally would be fine with it in USD only.

That being said, what about the UK releases? I might be handy to be able to record if I paid Ł200 for the UK s/l of a publication...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

US dollars. The Dollar (weak or strong) is still the international benchmark.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

US dollars is the way to go.

I do like the idea of being able to enter the actual currency used to purchase the book though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New big update soon.. (too tired to make a video right now)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Apple sucks.
    Dayum!

don't be diss'n on my bread and butter now....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

Apple sucks.
    Dayum!

I like Fuji's I just hate Apple...

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Apple sucks.
    Dayum!

I like Fuji's I just hate Apple...

you know I design chips for Apple... right?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

K
    you know I design chips for Apple... right?
    Terry, you just went from super cool to Uber Cool in my book!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New big update soon.. (too tired to make a video right now)
    Hopefully will put up a video in the next day or two - just got some refresh bugs to iron out...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Apologies for the delay - work and real life getting in the way of what's important again...

Lots of new stuff added:

Ability to choose what Catalogs to download
    Ability to download Larger book images or not
    Can now add details of your own books (multiple copies)
    Can add photo's of own books
    Filter based on own book settings (for sale, signed, remarqued, etc)
    Stats page!
    About screen

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched the video. That looks so good Simon! I really like the stats screen.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just loving it all so far. Can't wait to download and use

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's really impressive, Simon!!! You may have inspired me to get one of these. So, how do I make this thing go faster? LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    Couldn't find the exact sketch, but hopefully you get the idea.

Truly though, an awesome job!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Simon! Keep going!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast