Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has the Carrie PS lettered edition?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If there were Lettered Danse Macabre's for sale at $3K, Mr. Rabbit Trick would buy 3.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If there were Lettered Danse Macabre's for sale at $3K, Mr. Rabbit Trick would buy 3.
    That's the point. There are none for sale. You cannot buy one. So the price can be anything you want. $10,000 or $20,000 you cannot get one.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Well, not recently, but I have seen it for sale - and it certainly wasn't priced at $10K. Granted, that was years ago.

I just don't think the book has the panache to get that price - but if you're willing to pay it, then I guess it does.

The "Transgressions" s/l has only 200 copies, is signed by many authors, and goes for $350 on a good day. I don't think numbers equal value as much as interest does.

EDIT: Apparently one was part of a big collection listed thru Betts in 2006 - don't know if it sold individually or not.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't wish to officially speak for Mr. Rabbit Trick, but 2006 was quite some time ago, and I still believe "panache" or not (plain boring presentation), were the book to come up on ebay, the price would be $10K+, and then the auction would be removed for an "error in listing".
    Supply and demand.
    I don't want the book, but 15 people have it-likely none will be sold until they die, and at least 3 people (with the financial wherewithal) want it.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want the book, but 15 people have it-likely none will be sold until they die, and at least 3 people (with the financial wherewithal) want it.
    I once had three of the 15 copies. I sold one to Mr. Rabbit Trick. Still have two left. I would definitely sell one of mine for $10K.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I once had three of the 15 copies. I sold one to Mr. Rabbit Trick. Still have two left. I would definitely sell one of mine for $10K.
    That statement made my night Bob. Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I only have one copy of the lettered Danse Macabre and although I hate to sell anything I just have one of-if someone offers me $10K, I would really have to do it. With just 15 lettered editions, very tough to find.
    I plan to sell it before I die-I hope!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Well - I'll just say this...for all my time on this site and DT.com, I can remember exactly zero times where anyone talked about the Danse Macarbe lettered edition as being THE preeminent lettered edition of them all. And if we're saying it's worth $10K, then it's in second place behind the Asbestos Firestarter? Really?

To keep it on topic, I would say I'm a little disappointed in the whole traycase model of the Carrie lettered - I'm not sure how else to do it, but I do know that nobody's tried something unique like the zippered Skeleton Crew or even the Regulators toybox in a long time. The Salem's lettered edition went big, which was neat, but not unique.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rahfa--got to agree with you!
    Think of the lettered Firestarter, Skeleton Crew and Regulators-amazing items in my opinion-real unique-even the Stand and S/L Regulators are pretty cool.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I only have one copy of the lettered Danse Macabre and although I hate to sell anything I just have one of-if someone offers me $10K, I would really have to do it. With just 15 lettered editions, very tough to find.
    I plan to sell it before I die-I hope!
    Wish I had $10K lying around that I wouldn't miss....

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So the list only shows 6 copies in the hands of TDT members.

I know that David is still waiting on his copy. Anybody else?

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Well, not recently, but I have seen it for sale - and it certainly wasn't priced at $10K. Granted, that was years ago.

I just don't think the book has the panache to get that price - but if you're willing to pay it, then I guess it does.

The "Transgressions" s/l has only 200 copies, is signed by many authors, and goes for $350 on a good day. I don't think numbers equal value as much as interest does.

EDIT: Apparently one was part of a big collection listed thru Betts in 2006 - don't know if it sold individually or not.
    The 2006 copy that you are referring to was part of Chris Cavalier's collection. It was #C / 15, contained the glassine wrapper, slipcase and came with the original mailing box from Everest House. It sold for $1800. Granted it was 8 years ago, but I don't feel that this book would command $10K+ today irregardless of how often it comes up for sale. If you think it does, I will gladly trade you one for a Lettered Regulators and a Lettered Skeleton Crew.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have letter L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love this discussion. I would love to see a poll that asks the question "do you think PS Lettered Carrie is worth the money". Most, obviously will be going from pictures as only a few members have them. One thing that really bothered me was that King's name is off center... looks like a mistake. Does any of the owners find that bothersome?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wanted to give a SHOUT OUT to Pete.

He just left me a voicemail advising me the status of my Lettered Carrie and that I should be expecting it soon. Thanked me for the patience and wished me well in every regard.

Class act and a nice touch in support of this very limited production. Thought it deserved recognition.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Wanted to give a SHOUT OUT to Pete.

He just left me a voicemail advising me the status of my Lettered Carrie and that I should be expecting it soon. Thanked me for the patience and wished me well in every regard.

Class act and a nice touch in support of this very limited production. Thought it deserved recognition.
    Yep thats cool....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I love this discussion. I would love to see a poll that asks the question "do you think PS Lettered Carrie is worth the money".
    Not to me.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy just arrived today. I'm out and about so will probably post some pictures tomorrow in my collection thread.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else in the USA ( other than Zelig) receive their lettered Carrie yet?

-Gabriel
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Country
    Country Flag

Negative.

Assume any day now!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I got mine today.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I got mine today.
    What letter?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I THINK I'LL JUST SETTLE FOR THIS ONE!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Show off!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    I THINK I'LL JUST SETTLE FOR THIS ONE!
    Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to adding the Lettered Edition to my:
    • 1st Edition
    • 1st Edition Inscribed to Tim
    • 1st Edition Flatsigned
    • ARC

Can't get enough of Carrie!

+ Reply to Thread