Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Super Sneak

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm working on a very interesting re-imagination of the holy grail.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Start with a book that is horribly damaged, and mostly can not be restored...

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Intrigued..

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That book looks like it's been Cujo's breakfast. Intrigued RF...

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like that water damaged copy of The Stand

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh it is too - the Stand S/L... Save it RF! For the love of baby Jeso, SAVE IT!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I'm doing the best I can, but the paper/pages expanded and the gilt exfoliated from the page edges.
    The coffin case was severely damaged also.
    As I may have mentioned, it's a reinvention/reincarnation.
    I'm starting to get excited about the progress.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I'm doing the best I can, but the paper/pages expanded and the gilt exfoliated from the page edges.
    The coffin case was severely damaged also.
    As I may have mentioned, it's a reinvention/reincarnation.
    I'm starting to get excited about the progress.
    Reinvention / Reincarnation for the coffin box Stand S/L sounds even more appropriate... A second life. A Frankenstein.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Saved it from the watery grave! Look forward to seeing the progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that a real Stand S/L? If so, it's so damaged...it hurts.

I'm intrigued by this.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The book pages were swollen from water damage, and the case was also damaged:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to the end result. Interesting to see what can be done with a book with that much damage.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Looking forward to the end result. Interesting to see what can be done with a book with that much damage.
    Without spending thousands of dollars for a professional restoration, I had to use the parts of the book that were salvageable, and re-imagine it.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I would have even brought that into my house.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was on Ebay if I remember it... you actually bought it RF?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'm not sure I would have even brought that into my house.
    LOOOOL Me either.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The box has been repaired to Very Good + condition (pics coming soon). The book did have this in it:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The box has been repaired to Very Good + condition (pics coming soon). The book did have this in it:

Cannot wait to see! WHen you showing us?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The book won't be finished for a few more weeks. We are having trouble finding similar red endpapers that the S/l had in it. Damaged endpapers:

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Kudos for undertaking such a rescue, but the real question is: who...WHO ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN???
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Kudos for undertaking such a rescue, but the real question is: who...WHO ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN???
    They say it was flood storm damage. I have no reason to disbelieve them.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm excited for this. It's always great when a book has a story along with it. Good luck RF and hope it all works out well.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Out of interest, was it sold by the person who suffered the flood? I would have thought if they claimed on the insurance, it would be the property of the insurance company...

Also interested to see a "re-imagination"
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

A book press would work wonders on that thing. Trim the page block edges and either re-gild or "re-imagine" the edges. A new binding and it's a nice book.

I hope you can find the endpapers.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    A book press would work wonders on that thing. Trim the page block edges and either re-gild or "re-imagine" the edges. A new binding and it's a nice book.

I hope you can find the endpapers.
    Book presses don't make a page block that is water absorbed flat. Feel free to take a PB book, soak it, let it dry and warp, then use a 10 ton press to flatten it out.
    You can try to repair each page one-by-one, but it's very very time (money) consuming.
    The bottom line is I had to remove the pages that were worth saving; the signature page and each art page, and abandon the rest. Fortunately the leather binding could still be used.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast