Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • United Kingdom

12 60.00%
  • Bhutan

8 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fun With Flags: Final

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Fun With Flags: Final

Please vote for the best flag. The top one will be the winner. This is NOT a vote for which country is "better". We are strictly voting based on the aesthetics and the design of each flag, not taking into account any geopolitical issues. Below each flag you'll find a link to the Wikipedia article about that flag, if you're curious to find out more about its history and symbolism.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The initial instinct is to vote for the UK, it's a really smart and classic design. But I dunno, there's just something about Bhutan's flag I really really like. To me, neither is as good as Kazakhstan, but they're definitely two of the very top flags for me. So I'll go with the dragon.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Without bias (well maybe a bit) It's the Union Flag all the way. It has everything. It's Asymmetric whilst still having a balance of symmetry, it's colours are bold and complimentary. The huge amount of history in it's layers along with the heraldic 'tweaks' make it IMHO the perfect flag.

(it also looks great on sandcastles on the beach)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I went with UK - a classic design. I really like Bhutan's flag except the dragon seems to need bolder lines.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

I hope it won't be a blowout but it looks like the UK is going to win it all

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of these two - definitely UK
    Although I must say, had I been asked in the beginning what the final two flags were going to be, neither of these two would have been my guess. Interesting.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

Which two would you have picked?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see how Bhutan made it this far lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Cause it's got a fucking dragon on it!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Cause it's got a fucking dragon on it!
    If it wasn't for the fact that Wales is a principality, the Union Flag would have a fucking dragon on it as well!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A dragon with deformed legs and claws. To me, it's one of the most unappealing flags in the whole tournament. I'm just happy it's not going to win lol.

Country
    Country Flag

It's pretty close though.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Macedonia would have been my pick. I cannot vote for modern art in a flag contest so the U.K. has it.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Which two would you have picked?
    Kazakhstan would be my top pick, and as to the second one - hmmm, it would be either Kiribati or one of the Scandinavian countries.
    But the Kazakh flag is absolutely the best.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for participating! The flags tournament is over and the winner is the United Kingdom! Bhutan held on valiantly, getting a healthy 40% of the final vote, but the classic Union Jack could not be stopped.

In honor of its win, here's a fun two-part video:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Go GB!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ecuador and Khazakstan are my two favourites. That match up was very hard to choose.

+ Reply to Thread