Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Serial: The Podcast

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Is there a release date set?
    Just "spring".

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Guess I need to catch up on season 1 of T&J now, and refresh my memory of the case. I know I've forgotten a bunch of the little details.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anybody watch this the other day? I'm new to the case, but I'm already invested. It's hitting especially close to home because I graduated from high school in 1998.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I did, I enjoyed it. It's interesting to put faces to the people.

I'm really bummed about the court ruling. He definitely deserves a new trial with all the new info that has come out. I haven't read too much about the hearing but does anyone know what's going on with the cell phone data? I keep hearing it mentioned that it can't be included or something?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I think the Undisclosed podcast and Truth & Justice will have more details soon.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Did anybody watch this the other day? I'm new to the case, but I'm already invested. It's hitting especially close to home because I graduated from high school in 1998.
    It’s worth watching - based on the first ep I’d say it’s going to follow the structure of the podcast pretty closely

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I did, I enjoyed it. It's interesting to put faces to the people.

I'm really bummed about the court ruling. He definitely deserves a new trial with all the new info that has come out. I haven't read too much about the hearing but does anyone know what's going on with the cell phone data? I keep hearing it mentioned that it can't be included or something?
    I’m not familiar with any new data and it’s been years so I’m going off shoddy memory, but I think cell data from then is no good bc the triangulation was so inaccurate back then. I suck at lawyer speak but the tools back then could show adnans phone pinging off a certain tower at an incriminating time, but modern tools can show the same ping bouncing off multiple towers in the area at that same time as it searched for the strongest signal to complete the call therefore he could theoretically he could be in a much larger area than the earlier data suggested. So now the old data becomes inadmissible

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That's devastating that the ruling for a new trial was overturned. It's going to be very difficult to reverse or overrule that.

Honestly, I think the only thing that would change this is if you could prove the prosecution withheld significant exculpatory evidence from the defense, or if Jays testimony were undermined (or he recanted). I dont think saying the cell phone evidence is weak is enough alone.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if Serial fans (and/or T&J fans) also subscribe to Undisclosed, but here's an update on the case:

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/und...ast/e/63563389

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

We never did discuss The Case Agaibst Adnan Syed, the HBO miniseries.

I must say I was a little disappointed. It was really a story about Adnan’s lawyers’ attempts to get him a new trial, and not that much about the substance of the case itself. Specific pieces of evidence were described in great detail, if they were important to the appeal, but otherwise, I think a lot of the other evidence was just kind of glossed over.

Also, I would have loved to have heard from Hae’s family or from the police or prosecution lawyers. I guess there’s no benefit for them in participating - they have nothing to gain - but the show became very much Rabia’s Narrative, not a more objective view.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2