View Poll Results: As a seriuos collector, how old are you

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 30 years of age

7 11.67%
  • 30 years of age or older

53 88.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How many serious SK collectors are under the age of 30?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's quite an achievement to have all the 1sts at your age. Congratulations!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess it is the product of a nice job and being single

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I started reading King at age 12 (1979) then collecting 1st's in 1980 with Firestarter. I don't think limiteds would have been on my radar if it weren't for tracking down a Gunslinger 1st in 1983 when Pet Sematary came out. I've bought almost every 1st since then as they were published. Only limiteds when I could afford them. I'm 47 now.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I started reading King at age 12 (1979) then collecting 1st's in 1980 with Firestarter. I don't think limiteds would have been on my radar if it weren't for tracking down a Gunslinger 1st in 1983 when Pet Sematary came out. I've bought almost every 1st since then as they were published. Only limiteds when I could afford them. I'm 47 now.
    Amazing to have started collecting so early on and been in the loop ever since.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

I was in my early twenties when I started collecting King in the early 80s. I had all the early limited editions (Cujo, Firestarter). I bought my SL Gunslinger from L.W. Currey for $150. Saw King at Forbidden Planet (When Christine came out).

Kinda stopped actively collecting in the 90s (and missed out on SLs like The Stand and Regulators dammit) and sold most of my collection (except for the Dark Tower SL's). Started again about eight years ago.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Amazing to have started collecting so early on and been in the loop ever since.
    Yeah, and until finding this site, I thought I was alone in my collecting madness!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

26. IDK If I'm a serious collector but I've spent hundreds of dollars at this point on various gift editions (can't afford limiteds). It is a bit of a hassle at times saving up. I have a job now but before that I just made quick money doing online surveys.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I'm only 22 and already have almost every 1st edition King book. I'm slowly going back through and working on my signed collection and ARCs.
    You should start a collection thread!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm hoping to have all the first editions before I'm 30. Since I'm down to 'Salem's Lot (1st and 3rd states), The Bachman Books, The Gunslinger, Rage, Roadwork, Six Stories, and The Plant... and I turn 30 in May 2016... I'm also hoping I win the lottery.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I'm not the only one planning for my eventual lottery win...

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

over 30 now - but as i started really collecting i was 28 ;D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3