Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: King books appearing in Movies

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default King books appearing in Movies

Just watched Interstellar at the Sydney iMax (biggest in the world apparently). In the early part of the film is a couple of shots of a large bookcase, the most prominent book is a copy of the original edition of "The Stand"!

a quick google unearthed this...

The mother of all modern post-apocalyptic adventures, King’s epic masterpiece depicts an America ravaged by a deadly plague, where the survivors have to pick a side in that eternal struggle between good and evil. Based on the dust jacket that’s glimpsed briefly onscreen, it appears that Murph scored a copy of The Stand’s long out-of-print first edition, which is probably valuable enough in her future to pay for a fleet of crop dusters.

Be interesting to know if it's actually a 1st edition or not.

Anyone got any other non-King related movies where one of his books shows up?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Or TV shows -- On Lost, the Others were reading Carrie at their book club.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recently and pretty prominently in You Can't Kill Stephen King and Stuck in Love.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The TV series Revolution showed a few SK books (and also made numerous references to his work).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Not sure if it is worth watching but I do remember at the beginning of William Friedkin's movie The Guardian that a woman is packing her suitcase and puts a hardback copy of It on top of her clothes before she shuts it

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Futurama episode with gigantic flying brains.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

If we are doing TV shows as well, The Shining was featured on an episode of Friends

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great topic!
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's one I posted some time back: Orange is the New Black

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Futurama episode with gigantic flying brains.
    That would be "The Day the Earth Stood Stupid".

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

In the beginning of Donnie Darko, the mom is reading IT .

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    If we are doing TV shows as well, The Shining was featured on an episode of Friends
    That's right! Joey kept it in the freezer to feel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Great topic!

I agree.

Thought of a few more, There is a very bad Lou Diamond Phillips movie called Ambition where he plays a writer and in one scene set in a bookstore he mocks King when the store owner hands him a copy of The Stand Uncut and Complete Edition

I seem to remember an episode of Mad About You where Helen Hunt and Paul Reiser are having a big fight and she starts separating out her books from their combined collection and asks him if the copy of Cujo she is holding is hers or his

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

A copy of The Tommyknockers is seen on Duke's shelf on Haven.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it's been a while since i've seen it, but i'm pretty sure MISERY was in When Harry Met Sally.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    it's been a while since i've seen it, but i'm pretty sure MISERY was in When Harry Met Sally.
    Yes! Thank you so much, I was racking my brain trying to remember what actor and in what film I had seen that

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Recently and pretty prominently in You Can't Kill Stephen King and Stuck in Love.
    Stuck in Love had many excellent King references to include books (including collectible editions), bookcases, posters, and a surprise phone call. The movie is good and the director Josh Boone is working on The Stand - he's a fan.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, and it ended up in the freezer!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Season 4 episode of The Walking Dead.
    I forget the episode name, but it was the second half of the season when Carl and Rick are in the house.
    Carl picks a bedroom with several King books on the shelf.
    Mark Twain

In Terror at Tenkiller (one of the worst horror films ever made) there is a scene with a girl reading a paperback copy of The Stand '78

The only reason I know of this film is because the guys at Rifftrax did a commentary for it

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

In Terror at Tenkiller (one of the worst horror films ever made) there is a scene with a girl reading a paperback copy of The Stand '78

The only reason I know of this film is because the guys at Rifftrax did a commentary for it
    On Sons of Anarchy, Bobby is in the cabin reading Stephen Kings #1 Best Seller

Cycle Zombies.

the same episode that Stephen king is in. My niece pulled a picture of the book off the internet and printed me a cover of the book! She then designed the full book cover with a picture of SK on one side and a picture of him and I on the other. She did an awesome job.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Pron movie starring Bree Olson as a secretary - A copy of "Wolves of the Calla" can clearly be seen on the bookcase in the background.

spoiler
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Pron movie starring Bree Olson as a secretary - A copy of "Wolves of the Calla" can clearly be seen on the bookcase in the background.

spoiler
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

There's a copy of Everything's Eventual in Gale's apartment in Breaking Bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast