Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: zelig

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice indeed!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the comments!

Keeping this collection thread updated is almost like a full time job!

I figure I'll include images of the rest of the early Doubleday/NEL books. In building my collection of 1sts, condition has been a priority, and I'd say the majority of the 1st editions I have are all in pretty amazing shape. I'd say from near-fine to fine condition. Many were bought new and never read. Of course, the exceptions are some of these early ones.

Starting with 'Salem's Lot. Both could use an upgrade, but I wanted to at least have the books in the collection for now, and possibly upgrade later.

Next, The Shining. The UK edition is already upgraded from the copy I had previously, so it's not in bad shape really. The US is also pretty good.

The best one in terms of condition is the UK Night Shift. When I first saw it, offered to me by a local book dealer, I though it was some sort of mistake. It looks like a brand new book. Jacket is fine and the book itself looks brand new.

Probably the one that is in the worst shape is the UK Stand. It was one of the last books I needed to get the collection "complete", and one popped up on eBay earlier in the year. It looks like it just came out of an apocalypse, but hey, I have a copy. Will possibly upgrade later.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!! You got it going on, my friend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sweet!! You got it going on, my friend!!!
    Thanks dude! Appreciate the comment.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

that UK Night shift sure is sweet! Keep me in mind for that US 'Salem's when you come to upgrade - thats the last one I need!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    that UK Night shift sure is sweet! Keep me in mind for that US 'Salem's when you come to upgrade - thats the last one I need!
    You got it.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff! I don't think the US 'Salem's Lot looks too shabby actually, there aren't many copies out there that still look as new. Same goes for the UK The Stand. I owned four copies of that particular book and none of them was in particularly great shape. I think both books suffer from the materials that were used for the DJ. They seem to get damaged much more easily than most other books.

That UK Night Shift is simply lovely.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Great stuff! I don't think the US 'Salem's Lot looks too shabby actually, there aren't many copies out there that still look as new. Same goes for the UK The Stand. I owned four copies of that particular book and none of them was in particularly great shape. I think both books suffer from the materials that were used for the DJ. They seem to get damaged much more easily than most other books.

That UK Night Shift is simply lovely.
    That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that... I have seen copies of both in slightly better shape than the ones I have, but you're right in that I haven't seen any as good as say that UK Night Shift. I'm sure there a few great copies out there in some folk's collections.

I thought about doing a restore on The Stand jacket, but never went through with it. I would never have considered it until I saw a book with a restored jacket and it was pretty amazing... I would imagine there's a number of opinions about whether to have a book professionally restored or not.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE BOOKS !!!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Great Stuff!!!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Superb stuff, zelig. Nicest UK Nightshift I ever saw!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Nicest UK Nightshift I ever saw!
    Ho-hum.

Just kidding Mine does have some minor flaws but they don't show in this pic. Yours is truly one of the best I've seen!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Nicest UK Nightshift I ever saw!
    Ho-hum.

Just kidding Mine does have some minor flaws but they don't show in this pic. Yours is truly one of the best I've seen!
    Lol

What edition is that Dead Zone in your pic, Michaël? (next to the 1st trade).

Country
    Country Flag

It's the Viking proof in a custom-made slipcase (I purchased it like that).

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Zelig!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's the Viking proof in a custom-made slipcase (I purchased it like that).

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Zelig!
    Awesome! Looks great, Michaël

Yeah sorry, zelig.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Alan. And I meant traycase, of course

Zelig, we need you to post more book pics and get this thread back on track!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow guys, thanks for all the comments!!! Made my day for sure!

And please don't worry about "hijacking" the thread. It's all good stuff.

Michaël, yes I will post more pics... Just trying to find the time! My last post was only 2 days ago! But yes, I love doing this, and actually have a question for you in response to your comment about posting more pics...

Since populating a collection thread is a relatively new "passtime" for me, what guidance can you offer? What I mean is, when you say post more book pics, my main though has been, well, do I photograph all of my 1st editions? I mean, everyone has seen these books many times before. Or are you saying maybe just post some of the more limited and unique items? It's been a little overwhelming as to what to photograph and post.

Yeah, I know I over analyze too much... but let me know what you think...

Again, thanks guys. Been a real treat sharing my collection and seeing yours as well.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My suggestion: Post whatever you feel like. I, personally, love to see the items in others' collections, even if I've seen similar items before.

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with John. Post anything you feel like, Zelig. We love looking at books. Even if we've seen them before......... these ones are yours.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the advice... that helps!

So.... I figure I'll mix things up a little, and show off one of the big guns... Enjoy...

Some perspective on size.

And for the big finale, a little fun with Photoshop filters...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful!

John

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

very very nice
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh my Lord!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Love it! And this confirms my thoughts that your 1st trade edition looks pretty good. Upgrading it will be pretty expensive!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man what a nice Salems... even though they are not signed and not actually sanctioned... I find them beautiful and the prices they catch!! WOW! Mind telling the crew what that set ya back?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast