Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 89 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: zelig

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: zelig

I'm finally getting the collection thread started. Thanks biomieg and Webstar1000 for giving me the push I needed!

I'll say up front that my collection doesn't compare to some of the outstanding collections I have seen up here, but hopefully you will enjoy seeing some of the items. It's made up mostly of the usual suspects...

I'll kick things off with a shot of what represents the bulk of the books. I will do some close up pictures and also spotlight specific items that have some sort of story. Anyway, enjoy!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good. Can't wait for some close up shots! A very well organised collection.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to seeing some close-up pics!

(Nice bookcases, by the way!)

John

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Looks Great! Can't wait to see the couple shelves of Proofs!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, I LOVE looking at books! Collection looks great, Zelig. Looking forward to a close up look at some of your treasures.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks good, is that a The Stand S/L I see?
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here we go! Nice
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!!! New pics!!! Can't wait!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate it!

racerx45, yes if you're referring to the middle bookcase, 3rd shelf from the bottom, last item on the right, that's the S/L The Stand.

I'll get some close up pics added soon and will keep things going as there's a lot to photograph.

Thanks again!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DONT TEASE>>> CLOSE UPS!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am also looking forward to more photos but I will say I am having fun with the ‘I Spy’ part for now.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the "I Spy" can be fun. Every time I see someone post a picture of books on shelves, I always find myself looking over every book, and identifying them. I think we know these books so well, even if you can't read the spine, just seeing the color of it, we know what it is.

I'll post up some more images soon.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think what I'll do for this next round is focus on the 1st Trade editions as that was my focus when I first started collecting. Then after that, it might be a good idea to spotlight certain individual books.

Here's some close up's of individual shelves from the 1st bookcase, which is basically all 1st Trade editions including everything from Carrie to Mr. Mercedes.

As far as I can tell, this is a complete collection of US and UK 1st editions. I know there's various opinions as to what constitutes a "Complete" 1st/1st collection.

I think I have it pretty much covered, but if you see something missing let me know. The only one I know is missing is the UK Danse Macabre which I still need to purchase at some point.

I should also figure out how to do better quality shots as they always tend to come out a little grainy, and there's the glare from the Brodart's to deal with too. I guess these aren't too bad.

Enjoy.

Variants

Although not in the same bookcase, this is a separate shelf of all the variants I have, and a few miscellaneous books.

The UK TEOTD is just a duplicate copy and so is The Shining UK. The Mr. Mercedes is an advance copy, basically just the 1st Trade, but with a letter.

From what I know, I'm missing these variants:
    • 1st State Salem's (no surprise there)
    • 3rd State Salem's
    • EOTD (One of the printer variants, I have 2)
    • Under the Dome (Grey lettering)
    • Nightmares & Dreamscapes UK (£16.99 price)
    • The Stand Uncut UK (£16.95 price)
    A few more that fall within the 1st's category and a couple other items, and of course the Bachman's.

That's it for now!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's so cool to see UK and US editions side by side. Unfortunately mine are double stacked due to only having a single book case, I'd love to have them displayed like yours.

Nice to see some Silver Bullet love too
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just realized, I've never heard of the Uncut Stand with a price of £16.95. Where did you hear of this?

(It's not in the catalog.)

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The only one I know of that is a variant because of price alone is the UK Nightmares and Dreamscapes.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

@Simon - Thanks, I also love seeing them side by side like that...
    @John - Thanks man, and here's where I first learned of the variant The Stand Uncut UK. I hunted it down for you: The Stand Uncut UK Variants

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    @John - Thanks man, and here's where I first learned of the variant The Stand Uncut UK. I hunted it down for you: The Stand Uncut UK Variants
    Thanks! Figures that the only one is one that Bob has!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!! I have a complete set of US/UK firsts as well. Love them UK DJ's!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just realized, I've never heard of the Uncut Stand with a price of £16.95. Where did you hear of this?

(It's not in the catalog.)

John
    Wow, very impressive first editions. I too didn't know about The Stand Uk - I thought I had finished UK HB Firsts - I suppose you are never finished. I have a Four Past Midnight UK DJ with £14.95 instead of £14.99. It's a proof DJ and as far as I know never made it onto the books.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A VERY NICE COLLECTION !!!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks! Figures that the only one is one that Bob has!

John
    Yep, no surprise there huh...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Awesome!! I have a complete set of US/UK firsts as well. Love them UK DJ's!!!
    That's great... I'll have to revisit your collection thread to take a look...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Wow, very impressive first editions. I too didn't know about The Stand Uk - I thought I had finished UK HB Firsts - I suppose you are never finished. I have a Four Past Midnight UK DJ with £14.95 instead of £14.99. It's a proof DJ and as far as I know never made it onto the books.
    Thanks. Yep, that's what I've learned pretty quick. Just when you think you're ahead, you discover there's more books you need. I don't think I knew about this Four Past Midnight UK with a £14.95 price. Great that you have one!

And thanks Stockerlone for your comment!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 89 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast