Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: "As You Wish..." - A Limited Edition Dark Tower-themed... Beer?

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Default "As You Wish..." - A Limited Edition Dark Tower-themed... Beer?

Hey guys, haven't been on here in forever, but I've become something of a beer connoisseur as of late, and I recently picked up a limited release beer from Pipeworks (a brewery in Chicago) called "As You Wish..." that made me think of the website. It's an Imperial Porter aged in Elijah Craig bourbon barrels. Anyways, I grabbed one because I like heavier barrel aged beers, I'm a Pipeworks fan, and I thought that it would be pretty good (plus, I dug the Princess Bride reference).

Once had the bottle in my hand, I noticed something oddly familiar...

So I'm thinking to myself, "Huh... That's strange... I only know of one bear with a satellite dish sticking out of his head... Wonder what he's doing on this bottle..." But then I turn the bottle, and what do I see?

So now I'm thinking to myself, "That looks like the Dark Tower, and the red around it looks like the field of roses..." Flip the bottle around, and I see this:

So yeah, that just about sealed it there. Pipeworks has a program called "Friends with Benefits" (FwB) for people who donated money during their Kickstarter campaign when they were trying to get the brewery off of the ground. Turns out that one of the members died, his wife wanted to create a bottle with a design dedicated to all of the things that he loved most, and Pipeworks obliged.

I sort of laughed to myself when I discovered this, as like everything else limited and Dark Tower-related, these beers just flew off of the shelf around here (although that was almost totally related to the rising popularity of Pipeworks' barrel aged beers and the fact that this one had particularly good buzz regarding its taste).

Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was DT-related until I got around to picking one up that a store was holding for me, or I would have gotten some more... So there you have it, another Dark Tower collectible that's becoming impossible to find due to the fact that it was both limited and consumable ;-)

Oh, and here's the final edge of the bottle, for those interested:

"Smile... It is a fine day..."

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very Cool
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice find! lol

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

What?!

That is seriously too fucking awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Default No Problem...

No problem, happy to share the info. Like I said, first thing I thought was that people on this forum might enjoy hearing about it. Now, I just have to get Stephen King to sign the bottle, and it'll be ready to sell or trade ;-)

Speaking of which, the King collector in me took over and forced me to go hunting for extras this afternoon. I heard that Pipeworks delivered their last shipment yesterday, so I figured I'd try my luck. Nearly every place was sold out (apparently within an hour of the delivery - Pipeworks only distributes to a few dozen places, and each only got a single case of twelve bottles, so selling through fast was to be expected), but I managed to finally find one with some available, and my girlfriend surprised me with one as well, so I'm content with the three I managed to secure. The Dark Tower connection is pretty sweet, but I hear the beer is awesome as well, so that makes it even better :-)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Instead of 12 per case, I'm surprised they didn't sell them as 19 per case.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Instead of 12 per case, I'm surprised they didn't sell them as 19 per case.

Mulleins
    Hahaha! Good point.

So did you ever open a bottle and try the beer?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

We're planning to open one within the next week or two. I'll post an update once I see how it is, but it's supposedly really good...