Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Revival UK Limited edition

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsteltor View Post
    Did the representative say why they have these restrictions on US purchasers?
    My guess would be that only the UK limited rights were bought -- and apparently with very tight controls -- which suggests to me that the US limited rights reside with someone else. I can't conceive why else they would take such stringent measures to keep the UK and US markets separate. It would not surprise me at all to hear an announcement of a US limited relatively soon. Yet another reason I've no interest in this edition.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    They said:

"Unfortunately we do not have the rights to sell this item in the US and therefore cannot accept your order. You will need to contact the publisher Scribner to find out if this is available and how you can order."

"If you have a UK address we can accept your order but you will also need to pay with a UK credit or debit card."
    #1 Rule - Don't ask such things. They may not (and still may not) care about the origin of payment. They are only embargoed from shipping to the USA and Canada (that's the price Canada citizens pay for the USA defending them at no cost). Leave well enough alone.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    What would really be good is to get one to the Florida signing session and get it signed.

Does Anyone attending a) want me to order a copy for them, and b) want to take my copy to the signing session for me?

:-)
    Would you really want to get a book signed that contains a facsimile signature?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    They said:

"Unfortunately we do not have the rights to sell this item in the US and therefore cannot accept your order. You will need to contact the publisher Scribner to find out if this is available and how you can order."

"If you have a UK address we can accept your order but you will also need to pay with a UK credit or debit card."
    #1 Rule - Don't ask such things. They may not (and still may not) care about the origin of payment. They are only embargoed from shipping to the USA and Canada (that's the price Canada citizens pay for the USA defending them at no cost). Leave well enough alone.
    Lol from Canada!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    What would really be good is to get one to the Florida signing session and get it signed.

Does Anyone attending a) want me to order a copy for them, and b) want to take my copy to the signing session for me?

:-)
    Years ago at a U.S. Bag Of Bones signing King agreed to sign a Bag Of Bones U.K. proof because it WAS the book he was signing.

Spoiler:
    Of course this was before all this 350 pre-signed crap shoot.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

waaaah

if anyone in the UK gets multiple copies... I'd be interested in taking a copy off your hands.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    waaaah

if anyone in the UK gets multiple copies... I'd be interested in taking a copy off your hands.
    Wait until February and get a copy for £25 to £45, instead of the issue price of £100 direct from the publisher.

Every one of these H&S Facsimile copies sells for less than 1/3rd of issued price. I have never paid more than £45 for these editions. (I was robbed at £45).

They are poor quality productions. They are exactly the same paper quality, (shit), and you don't even get a dust jacket!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought I'd post this here...

Now I'm not going to get anybody too excited about it's contents, it does not contain anything Revival related. It's been kindly sent to me for auction in next years HF by someone who works for H & S and is a previous H & S King collectible. What IS interesting is that they have created these mailing packets specifically - I wonder what is being sent out in these???
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's kind of a call to get it stolen, isn't it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like one of these because they are made better than the ones we will be getting here in the USA.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love for that to show up on my doorstep
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I would like one of these because they are made better than the ones we will be getting here in the USA.
    As of right now, we only get a trade in the USA. This seems like it will be nicer than a trade 1st.

Country
    Country Flag

I know RF. I know you know when you open the trades the binding wants to come apart. You would think they could do something about that. Hopefully I will be getting one I always get three of the trades just because they are 1st editions.

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Roseannebarr;879183]
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Ok folks, I think this is an exclusive for this site!

Hodder & Stoughton are releasing a limited edition version of Revival in the UK!

This edition will be limited to 500 copies only, details as follows:

Limited edition hardback with deluxe binding, slipcase, illustrated endpapers, author’s FACSIMILE signature and a silver plectrum engraved with the author’s signature.

Price is £100 (plus shipping) which is a little steep for a facsimile signature, but it may be the only limited version of this book to be printed.

Here are some images:

H & S have put the site up for ordering this, but as yet it has not been advertised anywhere, not even their own web site mentions this yet.

Please be aware, H & S state that they cannot ship this to the US or Canada, so you are going to need to ship to a UK address.

Here is the exclusive link to the site.
    Are they going to put the pick in the middle of the slipcase or is that just a picture? It would be kind of nice to do that and not place it inside if the book or slipcase.

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

So you spend £100 on a book and they send it in a padded envelope? Bumped corners guaranteed!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    So you spend £100 on a book and they send it in a padded envelope? Bumped corners guaranteed!
    In case I wasn't clear, these are not bags to ship the books, for one thing they are too small (4" x 4" approx)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

They always use well packed boxes to ship there books.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My guess is that the pick will be held in place with a magnet.

I think the H&S Revival bags are being sent out to promote the book.

My Mood
    Happy

In case I wasn't clear, these are not bags to ship the books, for one thing they are too small (4" x 4" approx)
    That's good to hear. I wonder in the plecturm is real silver or just silver coloured?

That's good to hear. I wonder in the plectrum is real silver or just silver coloured?
    I would be shocked if they included a plectrum made of solid silver. You'd think they would have said something about it on the web page if it was.
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I would also don't believe the plectrum is sterling... it looks as if it's just a silver color. I got lucky and a friend in the UK was able to secure one for me like he did with TWTTK.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    I would be shocked if they included a plectrum made of solid silver.
    At least it would go some way toward justifying the £100 price tag.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    That's good to hear. I wonder in the plectrum is real silver or just silver coloured?
    I would be shocked if they included a plectrum made of solid silver. You'd think they would have said something about it on the web page if it was.
    I have made enquiries with H & S about this, will update when I get a response.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

They are plastic. You can buy "silver" plectrums with anything you want printed on them.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok Folks - another TDT.org exclusive!!

Contrary to other opinions stated here, I can now confirm (direct from the publisher) that the plectrum is in fact 100% Solid Sterling Silver (it's even hallmarked!).
    Now that's a collectible! £100 doesn't seem so bad now eh?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Folks - another TDT.org exclusive!!

Contrary to other opinions stated here, I can now confirm (direct from the publisher) that the plectrum is in fact 100% Solid Sterling Silver (it's even hallmarked!).
    Now that's a collectible! £100 doesn't seem so bad now eh?
    I wonder what the plectrum weighs? Silver is only going at a little over $17 per ounce. It can't weigh over .25 ounces or so, can it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast