Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Revival UK Limited edition

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The blue edge copies look great.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins
    It certainly adds a touch of class...

Info for the Catalogue, all versions are identical in terms of Copyright page and ISBN. The WH Smith book has a different colour binding (Yellow rather than Black) to has the same Yellow binding as the Standard Trade.

Also to preempt requests, all of these books are spoken for and were bought per existing requests. i *may* be able to get more of the Waterstones and WH Smiths, but let me know quick as if Mr Mercedes was anything to go by they only lasted about a week and the half price deal didn't hang around either.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

IN THE WORDS OF JACKIE GLEASON.
    Spoiler:
    "HOW SWEET IT IS!"

THANK YOU SIMON!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    to all those that requested UK editions...

Your request has been fulfilled!
    I hope to start shipping these out either Sat or Monday. PM me your shipping requests (Slow/cheap or fast/pricey also whether you require insurance and or tracking.

EDIT: Regarding the Airport Edition:

There IS an Airport edition. I confirmed this whilst in Australia. (they had it in the airport there but it was labelled "printed in Australia").
    I didn't buy it as it would have meant it getting bashed about in my travel case and I *assumed* the UK airport would have it as well. Unfortunately that was not the case. I will be in and out of other airports over the next few weeks and will still keep an eye out for it.
    Awesome!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins

Yes they do! Got mine in the mail today. Waterstones packaging leaves a lot to be desired but luckily the book was unharmed.

edit...........the "book" was unharmed but the dust jacket was not. I contacted Waterstones and rather than send another dust jacket (as I requested) they have shipped another book! Customer service above and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have access to the large paperback edition printed in Australia if anyone wants. Shipping will be from New Zealand.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I have access to the large paperback edition printed in Australia if anyone wants. Shipping will be from New Zealand.
    I saw this recently when I was working in Oz. The book is identical to the UK Airport edition, except that it states "Printed in Australia" on the back. Some may consider this ANOTHER variant
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I might have to draw the line there. Heck, it has to be drawn somewhere right?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I saw this recently when I was working in Oz. The book is identical to the UK Airport edition, except that it states "Printed in Australia" on the back. Some may consider this ANOTHER variant
    It has a different ISBN so it IS another variant.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I know I'm late to the proverbial party, to say the least, but how / where would one get a blue UK HC with blue page-edge stain? Any leads / source info would be appreciated.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I know I'm late to the proverbial party, to say the least, but how / where would one get a blue UK HC with blue page-edge stain? Any leads / source info would be appreciated.
    There are 2 copies on UK ebay right now. If sellers won't ship to the U.S. I can help out. PM me.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

SG: Thanks, will get ahold of you if need be. Having slept on my post/request, though, I think I'm going to hold off on getting a "special" copy until I've actually read the thing...with reviews that are all over the board, I'd hate to spend $50 on a cool UK copy, get it, read it, and be among those that didn't care for it. Disappointment is easier to handle with you've just spent $12 at Costco (half-off) on the book rather than $50.

Darn thing sure is pretty, though.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have all of them except the Waterstone's "BlueEdition" I am wanting it so bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5