Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the most coveted King book?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Stand S/L (Coffin Edition)

15 25.42%
  • IT S/L -Lettered

2 3.39%
  • 'salem's Lot S/L Traycased

6 10.17%
  • Carrie Deluxe 40th Edition - Lettered

0 0%
  • The Eyes of the Dragon S/L

1 1.69%
  • FireStarter Lettered (Asbestos Edition)

20 33.90%
  • The Regulators Lettered (Bullets)

8 13.56%
  • The Regulators S/L (Toy box)

1 1.69%
  • 'salem's Lot Trade (first state DJ)

4 6.78%
  • My Pretty Pony S/L (Stainless Steel with inset Clock)

0 0%
  • The Plant S/L

2 3.39%
  • The Shining Lettered

0 0%
  • Skeleton Crew Lettered

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which is the most coveted King book?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

'Street value'. I think you will only see one of them for sale once every decade or so on average and the price will be whatever the buyer and seller agree on. But it's probably fair to say >$10,000. Or maybe I should say: I don't think any of the current owners would sell it for less.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I might be totally wrong on this, but I thought the "1st State" Salem's Lot dust jackets were folded in the middle. If this is correct, that is quite a flaw.

Maybe the few owners on here can set the record straight.
    Yes they were folded, because they could not be stored inside an A4 filing cabinet otherwise. However, the 'flaw' you mention is not that major. All considering, as the past cannot be rewritten, it is better to have them found, than lost, in my opinion.
    ]
    Mine is not folded down the center of the spine but is folded where the spine meets the rear panel (where the black color meets the white). When I first bought it I thought it was not folded at all but when I took it out of the BroDart cover I noticed it. Not sure why it should be different but I have heard of at least one other copy with the fold in the same place as mine.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What is one of these Salems worth guys... I really have no idea.
    A PC copy went for $4,500.00 a year or so ago that changed hands for under $6,000.00 4 months ago to a private buyer.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think he's referring to the 1st state SL dust jacket (or am I wrong?).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I think he's referring to the 1st state SL dust jacket (or am I wrong?).
    no your right
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

'Street value'. I think you will only see one of them for sale once every decade or so on average and the price will be whatever the buyer and seller agree on. But it's probably fair to say >$10,000. Or maybe I should say: I don't think any of the current owners would sell it for less.
    My best guess on the 1st/1st SL DJ would be $20K-30K unless one of the owners is really in a pinch.

A black Roman numeral SL sold for $12K on ABE within the last year. There are only 8 red numeral SLs available so I'd guess that the price for one of those would be at least in that ballpark.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My most coveted SK item is a lettered EOTD -- one red and one black. I know of 3 of the 52 but I've only seen 1 for sale -- and that one was already spoken for.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    My most coveted SK item is a lettered EOTD -- one red and one black. I know of 3 of the 52 but I've only seen 1 for sale -- and that one was already spoken for.
    All of the Philtrum Press lettered editions seem scarce. Both The Plant and EOTD. I have always wondered for whom they were intended. Rarely are they ever up for sale that I see. I too have a red numbered and black numbered EOTD. Haven't seen one for sale in years.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

My best guess on the 1st/1st SL DJ would be $20K-30K unless one of the owners is really in a pinch.

A black Roman numeral SL sold for $12K on ABE within the last year. There are only 8 red numeral SLs available so I'd guess that the price for one of those would be at least in that ballpark.
    The one on Abebooks was on there for quite a while, as for the PC/unnumbered copy I was referring to my offer of $6,000.00 was said to be very generous & had already sold(for less). Betts had one of these as well which Grant bought in the last year or so, I believe he paid under $5,000.00 as well. It has since been sold when he had the initial push of books.
    I know one collector that said $40,000.00 is what he'd consider letting his 1st state go for. That's a lot of money

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    All of the Philtrum Press lettered editions seem scarce. Both The Plant and EOTD. I have always wondered for whom they were intended. Rarely are they ever up for sale that I see. I too have a red numbered and black numbered EOTD. Haven't seen one for sale in years.
    Yes these are rare. I have been trying to buy these for years without success. They have never come on the market.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3