Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the most coveted King book?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Stand S/L (Coffin Edition)

15 25.42%
  • IT S/L -Lettered

2 3.39%
  • 'salem's Lot S/L Traycased

6 10.17%
  • Carrie Deluxe 40th Edition - Lettered

0 0%
  • The Eyes of the Dragon S/L

1 1.69%
  • FireStarter Lettered (Asbestos Edition)

20 33.90%
  • The Regulators Lettered (Bullets)

8 13.56%
  • The Regulators S/L (Toy box)

1 1.69%
  • 'salem's Lot Trade (first state DJ)

4 6.78%
  • My Pretty Pony S/L (Stainless Steel with inset Clock)

0 0%
  • The Plant S/L

2 3.39%
  • The Shining Lettered

0 0%
  • Skeleton Crew Lettered

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which is the most coveted King book?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Which is the most coveted King book?

So my recent acquisition got me thinking, what do the members here really covet? What is considered THE most desired SK book? I have posted a poll with what I think are the likely contenders but feel free to discuss others.

A few guidelines (My Poll, My rules )

1. Market Value should not be the main consideration, the fact that it is worth $1000's does not make it desirable, only re-sellable.
    2. I am not distinguishing between Lettered and Numbered, unless the book is majorly different
    3. Base your vote on the book, and the things that makes it special.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Simple one choice poll? Not a flag or greatest Sci-Fi movie ranked choice?

I guess it's "My Poll, My rules ".
    Should be over very soon.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I guess it's "My Poll, My rules ".
    Should be over very soon.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for The Stand Limited. Although a relatively large number were done (1250 copies) I think it remains the Holy Grail of King collectors.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

I also voted for The Stand Limited for the same reasons John stated. I will also add that a lot of collectors (me included) hope to one day acquire one. The same can't be said for books like the Asbestos Firestarter.

Plus it is such a beautiful book.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I voted for The Stand Limited. Although a relatively large number were done (1250 copies) I think it remains the Holy Grail of King collectors.

John
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For me, even though I ahve zero chance of ever owning one, "Firestarter" is the book I most "covet". I love the story and the edition is just marvelous!!! Beyond compare. The others are perhaps more obtainable, but even if I had one or two I would still "covet" the "Firestarter".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

What is missing from this equation?
    The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger 1/500 The KEY to any Dark Tower Collection.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

For me, the answer couldn't be easier: THE STAND S/L. One of my favorite books and certainly my favorite King novel.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I am not a collector or even a big fan of signed/limited editions but if I had to choose one it would be the Asbestos Firestarter (with The Plant as a runner-up) in the Unaffordable Category, or the Centipede 'Salem's Lot (with EOTD as runner-up) in the Semi-Affordable Category. So I voted Asbestos Firestarter.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    What is missing from this equation?
    The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger 1/500 The KEY to any Dark Tower Collection.
    Correct! This should have been included. My Bad.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well you cannot "covet" something you already own, so I voted for Asbestos Firestarter, as this is the only thing on that list I do not have.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not a collector, but yes the two items from the list that seem the more intriguing to me would be : the firestarter asbestos & then the bulletted Regulators lettered.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Well you cannot "covet" something you already own, so I voted for Asbestos Firestarter, as this is the only thing on that list I do not have.
    And if you could only have one of them?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lettered Regulators for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Had to go with the Asbestos Firestarter as my most coveted book. I used to represent clients with asbestos-related diseases, so both that one and the Fahrenheit 451 Asbestos Edition are on my "When I win the lottery" list. Hmmm...perhaps if I find a job working in that area again, I could buy both as a tax write-off?! But to be honest, I have nothing on this list and would gladly accept any as a gift (FYI guys: my birthday is in November).

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    And if you could only have one of them?
    From that list, it would be Skeleton Crew Lettered. I just like the zipper.
    2nd choice would be The Plant. That set feels great.
    IMO. The Asbestos Firestarter is an ugly, small book, not worth what the asking price is.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Lettered Regulators for me.
    +1

sk

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went with FireStarter Lettered for the following reasons:

• It was the first lettered SK book
    • It is a great design
    • It is the only SK book that if not handled with respect could kill you!

The Stand S/L was a close second and The Regulators Lettered would be next on my list.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thank Goodness!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

A VIEW THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD HAVE SEEN.
    Spoiler:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You have a copy of the true first edition ($8.95 price and "Father Cody" error) of Salem's Lot?

There were only about 4 of these ever published.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yes, it's very nice.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn- I need to spread some rep so can't give you any for that. Still +Rep from me in the bank!

"Go away you stupid electronic donkey bum biters!, I fart in your general direction!"

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lettered Regulators for me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

it's a little late to change the poll, but I wonder how many people have voted for a book that they don't have (and not for a book that they do have)? I was kinda thinking along the lines of if you had to pick just one or if you had them all, which one would you rate the highest?
    (I appreciate that may be like choosing which one of your kids was your favourite....)

Take the Asbestos Firestarter. If I had that and The Stand next to each other and was told "Pick One, but you can never sell it" - I would not hesitate in picking The Stand.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast