Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Walter Simonson's Lawnmower Man: Artist's Edition Portfolio

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Walter Simonson's Lawnmower Man: Artist's Edition Portfolio

So I pick up this up the other day and it is pretty cool. The comic was done back in 1981 and this is a hard bound Art Portfolio with reprints of the original art. The cool part is that Stephen King did the adaptation and made hand written notes on the original art work and you can see some of these on the reprints. There is a nice article about it here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53359

Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen this before. Nice find!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The portfolio was released this month by IDW Publishing

King's notes are on the prints? Cause I think I read that unfortunately the artist did erase them, and therefore they were lost... in which case, those annotations would be nice!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The portfolio was released this month by IDW Publishing

King's notes are on the prints? Cause I think I read that unfortunately the artist did erase them, and therefore they were lost... in which case, those annotations would be nice!
    According to the article Walter was pretty upset when he got the art work back from SK because he wrote the story on it. He said he had to erase a lot of it but some still remains on the edges. The last photo above is an example.
    — Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I just saw this for the first time last week in my local comic shop... it's a pretty awesome item and something I plan to add to my collection in the future, especially since I consider my Lawnmower Man original comic to be one of my favorite collection pieces.

Question - was yours purchased new? The copy I saw in person wasn't shrinkwrapped and it strikes me as the type of material that would be if it were "new".

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How many of these were made?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yes mine are new. I went to my local comic shop when this was release on Aug. 5th and they ordered them for me. They are not shrink wrapped but did come in a clear plastic sleeve, the type that has a flap that you can open and close at the top.
    If you want to get one I would recommend doing it sooner than later. My local shop end up charging more than list price because there distributor charged them more. Their distributor is showing them as sold out but I am not sure if that just means that distributor has sold their allotment or the publisher is sold out.
    — Roland Deschain

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Yes mine are new. I went to my local comic shop when this was release on Aug. 5th and they ordered them for me. They are not shrink wrapped but did come in a clear plastic sleeve, the type that has a flap that you can open and close at the top.
    If you want to get one I would recommend doing it sooner than later. My local shop end up charging more than list price because there distributor charged them more. Their distributor is showing them as sold out but I am not sure if that just means that distributor has sold their allotment or the publisher is sold out.
    What did you pay?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I paid 34 for mine - that's what my comic shop was charged

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

What did you pay?
    I paid $45, I was quoted $30 when I ordered and when I went to pick them up they said they were $59! I agree to the $45 after seeing their invoice and not wanting to spend time looking for them online and waiting longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I paid 34 for mine - that's what my comic shop was charged
    Good price!
    — Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

My shop had it listed at $55 with no wrapper... guess I know what treat I'll be buying with my next paycheck! I might shop around for one in better condition. Thanks for the info!!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like you can get it from the publisher for $40:

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product...ion-portfolio/
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Internet Vnpt rocks! Been using it for years.

I've never seen this before. I went to the store to my local comic book when it was released on August 5, and they ordered them for me. The portfolio has been released by IDW Publishing in this month King notes on printouts

+ Reply to Thread