Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Signing & Event- Austin, TX, 11/15/14

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One down !!! #95 in line got the ticket @ 9:30

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Apparently they were selling 400.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

Congrats!!!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I want two!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to see that worked for you. Are they really sticking to selling one ticket at a time?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Apparently it is now sold out.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

sharki.... congrads....

we had some DT people at the front of the line - I was #15

we talked about going down the line to find out who else was there from the site... but we decided not to look like crazed people.

I believe it was "BROWNINGS CHILDE" that came in from Lubbock and was in front of me. They got there about 2 to 3 am, I rolled in at 5:00 am... going to be a long long day for me at work now.

so.... Fess up, Who else was there?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

and yes... they handed wrist bands out... each person got 1 wrist band... no wrist band no ticket.... one ticket per person was enforced.
    I overheard someone mention they had paid several of their college neighbors 100.000 each to stand in line and get tickets, so I'm guessing you might see tickets available on ebay - but they'll probably be north of 100 bucks.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    sharki.... congrads....

we had some DT people at the front of the line - I was #15

we talked about going down the line to find out who else was there from the site... but we decided not to look like crazed people.

I believe it was "BROWNINGS CHILDE" that came in from Lubbock and was in front of me. They got there about 2 to 3 am, I rolled in at 5:00 am... going to be a long long day for me at work now.

so.... Fess up, Who else was there?????
    Congrats on getting some (or one?) . I always wonder what other crazed people are in the same line who we converse with yet do not know visually.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to those who got tickets!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm gonna take a last stab at ebay tomorrow afternoon, but I'm pretty sure the "countdown" is aborted. Unless, Terry is willing to front another "Crisp $100 bill" on my behalf. I'm good for it, Terry!!! It's right here for all the world to see that I made the guaranty!!! LOL

I was sooooo looking forward to this. Even my wife consoled me and she doesn't give a rats' ass about Stephen King or my collection!!!

Spoiler:
    She's into "Sue Grafton"!! LOL

since we were at the front of the line, we were trying to talk the organizers into letting us get our books and then let us go to the back of the line and go through again... unfortunately they didn't allow us to do that and I'm pretty sure by the time they opened the doors, all 400 wristbands had been distributed.

I'm willing to bet you could find some tickets for sale on the secondary market... I'd watch ebay and the Austin craigslist over the next couple of days.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    and yes... they handed wrist bands out... each person got 1 wrist band... no wrist band no ticket.... one ticket per person was enforced.
    I overheard someone mention they had paid several of their college neighbors 100.000 each to stand in line and get tickets, so I'm guessing you might see tickets available on ebay - but they'll probably be north of 100 bucks.
    That is being conservative.

There are currently four WANTED postings on CL now...I imagine one or two of them are members of this site.

None currently for sale.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

How many out there were not able to get a ticket for the Austin event??

-Gabriel
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post

-Gabriel
    Me!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

-Gabriel
    Me!!
    +1

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Got it icry4oy. Stay tuned. Will let you know Wednesday...
    NEED:

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I was able to secure two, and it was great to meet you, Terry. My wife talked me into driving down after the announcement, despite the fact that I had already given up on getting to go since tickets were only on sale on site. My mom was good enough to make an unplanned trip to Austin with me. So 8 hours later we arrived in Austin at about 2 am, to find only about 5 people in line. We were afraid to leave and come back, sooooo 7 hours in line, but got to have a lot of good conversation with folks as obsessed with King as I am, including our own Sir Boome. Then, an 8 hour trip back to Lubbock, but.....I got a golden ticket, I got a golden ticket!
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    I was able to secure two, and it was great to meet you, Terry. My wife talked me into driving down after the announcement, despite the fact that I had already given up on getting to go since tickets were only on sale on site. My mom was good enough to make an unplanned trip to Austin with me. So 8 hours later we arrived in Austin at about 2 am, to find only about 5 people in line. We were afraid to leave and come back, sooooo 7 hours in line, but got to have a lot of good conversation with folks as obsessed with King as I am, including our own Sir Boome. Then, an 8 hour trip back to Lubbock, but.....I got a golden ticket, I got a golden ticket!

awesome story
    NEED:

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

i would love a ticket!! any extras?????

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*pic here*
    That's awesome! Is there a barcode on the ticket? If not it looks like it would be too easy to forge. Or do you also have to bring the receipt?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For those of you still needing a ticket. I was contacted this morning by a fella name Joe, phone # 713-416-5620.

He has 1 ticket remaining for the Austin event. He is selling it for $150. He offered it to me but I passed on it. So I am passing this along. Feel free to contact him.

Gabriel
    NEED:

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    SCORE!!!! Good for you and nice of Mom... Nice to have your Mom drive you!

There are at least six people on Austin Craigslist looking to buy tickets. None selling that I can see.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

For those of you still needing a ticket. I was contacted this morning by a fella name Joe, phone # 713-416-5620.

He has 1 ticket remaining for the Austin event. He is selling it for $150. He offered it to me but I passed on it. So I am passing this along. Feel free to contact him.

Gabriel
    tis gone....

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin.... did you get my email?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast