Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Signing & Event- Austin, TX, 11/15/14

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    keep in mind... The Austin metro area population is over 2 million.

and we ALL have cars or trucks....

have I mentioned...the traffic sucks.
    Can I ride in the Fiero? LOL LOL Can't be any worse than N.Y., although there may be more gun fire. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    keep in mind... The Austin metro area population is over 2 million.

and we ALL have cars or trucks....

have I mentioned...the traffic sucks.
    Can I ride in the Fiero? LOL LOL Can't be any worse than N.Y., although there may be more gun fire. LOL
    Merlin.. I honestly don't think you will fit... I'm 5'11 and the roofline is pretty dang close to my head...you'd really have to crunch down a lot.
    How limber are you? (BTW...that question has nothing to do with the Fiero... ha ha)

I wonder if I offered, if King would like to drive the fiero....hmmmm

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

could be worse than NY... never been there.... but New york has lots of public transportion methods... here, everyone drives their own car.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I live in Lubbock. I have never seen a SK signing tour in Texas before. Doesnt seem like there have been many of them. I will most likely go to this. How do we get tickets?
    Sloth Love Chunk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    I live in Lubbock. I have never seen a SK signing tour in Texas before. Doesnt seem like there have been many of them. I will most likely go to this. How do we get tickets?
    No info right now. Looks like 9/15/2014 will be when info is released.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post

Didn't he do one in, Dallas for "11/22/63"?? Other than that one I agree, he doesn't seem to get there much. Matter of fact, has he ever done one in the Phoenix area, since I've been here, 2005 forward?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

he had to do dallas...considering the book's subject matter

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, for 11/22/63 in Dallas!

First time I was in New York, the cab driver got irritated (imagine that!) with the gridlock and drove on the sidewalk. I've never had that happen in Austin!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

First time I was in New York, the cab driver got irritated (imagine that!) with the gridlock and drove on the sidewalk. I've never had that happen in Austin!
    Shit, I never had that happen to me in New York!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the cab drivers in NYC told me some great "celeb fare" stories when I was there

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    One of the cab drivers in NYC told me some great "celeb fare" stories when I was there
    Love to hear them!! I swear to, God I once got in a cab in D.C. that had a fucking "goat" in it!!! Naturally, I took the next one. The guy was from "Senegal". I swear that morning he was running from a fucking lion in Africa and then later that day driving a cab in D.C.!!! LOL BTW, and you can't make this shit up, he told me the goat' name was, Ari!!! No offense, Ari!! Life is stranger than fiction.

Edit: I swear to God the above is a true story. The guy said it was a religous thing (from what I could make out. His english wasn't "top notch"). I said "Well, take your faith with you, cause I ain't riding with a fucking goat"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's because where everyone sits in traffic is on the highways... where there are no sidewalks.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Love to hear them!! I swear to, God I once got in a cab in D.C. that had a fucking "goat" in it!!! Naturally, I took the next one. The guy was from "Senegal". I swear that morning he was running from a fucking lion in Africa and then later that day driving a cab in D.C.!!! LOL BTW, and you can't make this shit up, he told me the goat' name was, Ari!!! No offense, Ari!! Life is stranger than fiction.

at least it wasn't a cow....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ereA-CZrQ

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That's because where everyone sits in traffic is on the highways... where there are no sidewalks.
    I seem to recall on a trip to Austin several years back that there were so many new roads/exits that the older GPS my friend had was about useless.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin.. I honestly don't think you will fit... I'm 5'11 and the roofline is pretty dang close to my head...you'd really have to crunch down a lot.
    How limber are you? (BTW...that question has nothing to do with the Fiero... ha ha)
    Well if Dwayne can fit....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Yeah, Terry we'll just pop the top on that sucker!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

I seem to recall on a trip to Austin several years back that there were so many new roads/exits that the older GPS my friend had was about useless.
    yep.... Austin changes on a daily basis - you would be challenged to find a building that doesn't have a crane on top.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Yeah, Terry we'll just pop the top on that sucker!! LOL

good luck... mine is an 87 .... without T-tops

better bring your heavy duty electric circular saw

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99 % sure I'm going

only won't be there if I die before 11/15....
    .....unless Merlin agrees to dig me up, wash me off, and take me anyways.
    Well, since if you die at home the dog will most likely eat you, I will be happy to bring the dog with a "Hannibal Lecter" mask on it. LOL You're bringing the babes and the weed, right? LOL

BTW, why isn't there a "countdown" for the Austin event? It comes first!!! LOL
    Are you still wanting an Austin countdown clock Bill?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

T minus Bill

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a friend in Austin and her hubby all psyched and ready to get tickets tomorrow! I won't be able to make it down, but she promised that as long as they both get tickets, I get one of the books!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna take a last stab at ebay tomorrow afternoon, but I'm pretty sure the "countdown" is aborted. Unless, Terry is willing to front another "Crisp $100 bill" on my behalf. I'm good for it, Terry!!! It's right here for all the world to see that I made the guaranty!!! LOL

I was sooooo looking forward to this. Even my wife consoled me and she doesn't give a rats' ass about Stephen King or my collection!!!

Spoiler:
    She's into "Sue Grafton"!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good morning - live from bookpeople (7:30 am) they are estimating around 200 waiting in line

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast