Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: TOP TWO films move on!

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind

10 34.48%
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers [1978]

1 3.45%
  • Jurassic Park

16 55.17%
  • Terminator 2

25 86.21%
  • Wall-E

2 6.90%
  • War of the Worlds (1953)

4 13.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 3, Group B

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought that until I watched it a few more times. When you think Wall-E was written and already under production before social media really became something, it's scarily prophetic. It shows humans who are alive and not living, so that they don't know a world beyond what their screens tell them and even the touch of another human is an alien thing because all their interactions are impersonal, filtered through machines. The humans don't even have jobs anymore, except for the captain who isn't even really steering the wheel (love the nefarious ship wheel robot lol). They are fat, lazy, entitled with their every whim satiated almost before they even think it, such as the robot ready with a drink the moment a human wants one. It's a pretty harsh yet accurate statement of modern day 1st world life and where it might go. That's why I love Wall-E because it's future, Buy N' Large, almost seems inevitable lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I thought that until I watched it a few more times. When you think Wall-E was written and already under production before social media really became something, it's scarily prophetic. It shows humans who are alive and not living, so that they don't know a world beyond what their screens tell them and even the touch of another human is an alien thing because all their interactions are impersonal, filtered through machines. The humans don't even have jobs anymore, except for the captain who isn't even really steering the wheel (love the nefarious ship wheel robot lol). They are fat, lazy, entitled with their every whim satiated almost before they even think it, such as the robot ready with a drink the moment a human wants one. It's a pretty harsh yet accurate statement of modern day 1st world life and where it might go. That's why I love Wall-E because it's future, Buy N' Large, almost seems inevitable lol
    Those are all reasons I enjoyed Wall-E as well. Wall-E is a glimpse of a possible future. One reason I love Jurassic Park is that it's the past being brought into the present.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If Jurassic Park was more of a hard sci/monster movie instead of humour-fill, joyride that it is I would probably consider a better sci-fi film than I do. Children of Men is the same way, not even sure if I voted for it. I love it, top ten films of it's decade it just didn't really explore enough of the whys of that future enough for me to consider it great sci-fi as opposed to just a great movie. I've been that way with several films that have been nominated, I might not love it but I don't necessarily love it because it is sci-fi, like Jurassic Park. The only reason I even consider Jurassic Park sci-fi is because they actually showed/explained all the science behind the park, and, my favourite part of the film is the conversation when they are all eating..."I call it the rape of the natural world,"....if only this sort of stuff wasn't shoved into a fifteen minute block :/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's one of my favorite scenes too.

Another is when Hammond and Ellie are in the dining room and even though everything has gone to shit around them, he still harbors a false hope of being able to restore order to the park. It's complimented nicely by his epilogue in The Lost World where he expresses that - contrary to humanity's assurance that everything is benefited by our meddling - sometimes order requires our absence.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't you see the fleas? Dadda can't you see the fleas? Mama can't you see the fleas? On all their trapezes and shit?

THESE DINOS STILL BE FLEAS YOU OLD ASS FOO!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't believe Close Encounters will lose to Jurassic Park. Should be called Jurassic Jaws - the movie is a recycling of the same principles Spielberg used to make Jaws to good.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This does seem crazy. I have watched J. Park on three different occasions and have never actually enjoyed any of the viewings.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Can't believe Close Encounters will lose to Jurassic Park.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

#dealwithit

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

T2 with a strong showing again. I think this will be the last such showing...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It's had a strong showing the entire time, I wouldn't at all be surprised if it makes it to the finals.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

One can only hope ♥

Advancing
    Terminator 2
    Jurassic Park

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    This does seem crazy. I have watched J. Park on three different occasions and have never actually enjoyed any of the viewings.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Can't believe Close Encounters will lose to Jurassic Park.
    Sucks for you.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2