Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Dustjackets - No book, just the DJ

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Interesting thread..

I've been in need of a DT III jacket for some time. Hadn't even thought to ask here. If anyone has an extra in good shape (preferably rolled), please send me a PM.

Thanks!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Checked my inventory and I am down to a handful of Gunslinger 1st dj's, and only 1 Gunslinger 2nd dj that are in NF+ condition.
    I have a couple DTIII dj's. They are unique in that they are untrimmed.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, I have had numerous inquiries about DTI dj's.

I'm not selling at this time.
    It's more cost efficient to put one on a DTI 1st and increase the books value than to sell as a stand alone item.
    There are only a few people (besides Grant Books, but good luck buying one from them) in the world that have more than 3.
    I wish you luck, but I won't sell one right now. Of course someone could make me an offer "I can't refuse", but it would need to be impressive.

The last DJ I sold went for $175. One year ago they went for $125.
    I wouldn't sell one now for $175.

Buy the first one you see for sale (below ~$300).

Traveler Kokolores is on a distinguished road

I am looking for a 1982 first edition Grant Gunslinger dust jacket. My wrapper is quite damaged and I would like to replace it with a better specimen. If you have one for sale, please let me know and drop me a line or post here, thanks!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolores View Post
    I am looking for a 1982 first edition Grant Gunslinger dust jacket. My wrapper is quite damaged and I would like to replace it with a better specimen. If you have one for sale, please let me know and drop me a line or post here, thanks!
    That DJ is VERY expensive. If you find one, be prepared to pay a pretty penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What's expensive is relative; I am prepared to pay up to USD200 depending on condition. Iy does not need to be flawless. A few creases are acceptable.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What's expensive is relative; I am prepared to pay up to USD200 depending on condition. Iy does not need to be flawless. A few creases are acceptable.
    You will be lucky to get any decent condition Gunslinger DJ for $200. Expect to pay at least $300 for a VG+/NF and $400+ for a Fine. This assumes as RF said that you can even find one.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I have a Fine unused if your interested, as mentioned that are expensive pm if interested

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My estimate for a fine unfolded dj is $500 plus.
    I have a couple and would not even sell them for $500.
    The people who will pay that usually need the dj for their $5k Gunslinger S/L.

My estimate for a fine unfolded dj is $500 plus.
    I have a. Couple and would not even sell them for $500.
    The people who will pay that usually need the dj for their $5k Gunslinger S/L.
    I need the jacket for a trade edition, and I would not pay crazy prices of USD500. This year, two first trade editions 'Gunslinger' copies sold at professional auction houses for USD425 + buyer's premium. Why would anyone buy a wrapper for USD500 if you can have the book with the wrapper in fine condition?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No one is forcing you to pay the prices mentioned. I wish you the best of luck obtaining one. Occasionally a great deal comes along, and if so, I suggest you grab it.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I know of someone with four unfolded DJ's - they are not selling either...

1st Gunslinger DJ's have become a sound investment.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Damn. I'll have to check. Now I've been trumped.

Oh, and I'll sell one.
    Make me an offer I can't refuse (last time I said that, someone did, and I sold a DJ), but don't waste our time with a silly offer.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and I'll sell one.
    Make me an offer I can't refuse (last time I said that, someone did, and I sold a DJ), but don't waste our time with a silly offer.
    I've got a few as well. I should go and count them, I guess. I used to think they were high when Grant was selling them for $20.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a guess, but Robert Weiner from Grant books probably has 50 or more.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and I'll sell one.
    I remembe it fondly. The jacket is now on my S/L edition.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Oh, and I'll sell one.
    I remember it fondly. The jacket is now on my S/L edition.
    Worth every penny, yes?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yes. Most definitely.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and I'll sell one.
    Never make that request to a Sicilian!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

RF sold me a very nice (brand new in fact) dustjacket for my Gunslinger 6 or 7 years a go.

It is on my first edition. I don't have a S/L. I am a tramp.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...a tramp with a nice Gunslinger jacket!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one that do not like dustjackets?
    I actually prefer "softcover" books. Both for collecting and reading (always take them off and put them on a shelf while reading).
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    RF sold me a very nice (brand new in fact) dustjacket for my Gunslinger 6 or 7 years a go.

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish I was a tramp

I'd pay 400 bucks for a new jacket. Anybody want to sell this wanna-be tramp a fine slinger jacket?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish I was a tramp

I'd pay 400 bucks for a new jacket. Anybody want to sell this wanna-be tramp a fine slinger jacket?
    Try Lot Guy.. send him a PM at least. He probably has a good price on one!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Am I the only one that do not like dustjackets?
    I actually prefer "softcover" books. Both for collecting and reading (always take them off and put them on a shelf while reading).
    I love the Dust Jackets, that is why I take the DJ off while reading because I usually destroy it if I have it with me. I love the look of hard cover books but I have been buying SC lately just so I can read. After holding IT in one hand while balancing on the moving train my wrist can't handle the weight of HCs on travel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast