Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stephen King Dustjackets - No book, just the DJ

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Am I the only one that do not like dustjackets?
    I actually prefer "softcover" books. Both for collecting and reading (always take them off and put them on a shelf while reading).
    I love the Dust Jackets, that is why I take the DJ off while reading because I usually destroy it if I have it with me. I love the look of hard cover books but I have been buying SC lately just so I can read. After holding IT in one hand while balancing on the moving train my wrist can't handle the weight of HCs on travel.
    If you search the internet you can find some suitable material to exercise and build up those wrist muscles...

Spoiler:
    (...or so I'm told...)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Am I the only one that do not like dustjackets?
    I actually prefer "softcover" books. Both for collecting and reading (always take them off and put them on a shelf while reading).
    I love the Dust Jackets, that is why I take the DJ off while reading because I usually destroy it if I have it with me. I love the look of hard cover books but I have been buying SC lately just so I can read. After holding IT in one hand while balancing on the moving train my wrist can't handle the weight of HCs on travel.
    If you search the internet you can find some suitable material to exercise and build up those wrist muscles...

Spoiler:
    (...or so I'm told...)
    Well my right wrist is up to the job just need to work on my left wrist

Oh

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

New member here. I am looking for a DTI 1st ed. dust jacket. Are there any for sale? Thanks.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    New member here. I am looking for a DTI 1st ed. dust jacket. Are there any for sale? Thanks.
    Welcome to the site!

It would be worth you stating your price range and the condition you are looking for. This has become a rare item and owing to the value a Fine/NF jacket adds to a book it has increased in value as a stand alone item. There are members here with unfolded jackets they may be willing to sell, but expect to be offering in the ballpark of $500+
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3