Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2376

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Did the re-watch of Winter Soldier. Sorry it’s good... but still not in my top 3. Top 5? Maybe 5..... maybe.
    That's my next watch. Looking forward to it, even if it's only in your top 10.

I thought I had seen The Incredible Hulk (the second MCU film), but I watched it the other day, and nothing rang any bells. I must have been thinking of the Ang Lee film, even though I was sure I wasn't.

Anyway, I thought it was fine. Solid, even. CG looks very dated now, of course, but the main players did a fine job, the pacing was perfect and the story was interesting (although it suffered from the "Hulk must face a BIGGERER Hulk" trope that fans had just seen in Iron Man).

3.5/5. Didn't blow me away, but was an enjoyable and well-made flick.

Edited to add: oh, btw, I really liked Ed Norton as Bruce Banner, and appreciated the easter egg references to previous Hulk incarnations.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Did the re-watch of Winter Soldier. Sorry it’s good... but still not in my top 3. Top 5? Maybe 5..... maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The WS is the best film in the MCU. How is this possible?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

The WS is the best film in the MCU. How is this possible?
    I used to listen to a bunch of comic book podcasts, a lot of people argue for Guardians, Iron Man 1, and Avengers 1. Though I suspect Infinity War and Endgame get a lot of that number 1 spot mentions now.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For what its worth, here is a ranking of the rotten tomatoes scores. Its annoying they way they are counted, as ties are counted as 1 position, so the "worst" is number 16 and not 23, since there were several ties above it.

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/ran...s-infinity-war

WS is tied for 10th (if you count correctly). For me its definetly not in the top 5 probably not in top 10 either. Personally, I find the WS (the character, not the movie), to be one of the least interesting in the MCU.

Iron Man is tied for 2nd.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Endgame is my fav. I’m also a HUGE fan of the last Spiderman. Thor Ragnrock is high. I liked Guardians one which is high on my list (thought the second was bad) and Civil War. Those are my top is say.
    Th
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1, Thor Ragnarock, Infinity War / Endgame (I'm counting this as one movie), and Avengers 1. Probably in that order are my top 5, the top 10 probably rounds out with Guardians 1, Black Panther, Captain America 1, Civil War, and Ant-man 1 (in no particular order).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1, Thor Ragnarock, Infinity War / Endgame (I'm counting this as one movie), and Avengers 1. Probably in that order are my top 5, the top 10 probably rounds out with Guardians 1, Black Panther, Captain America 1, Civil War, and Ant-man 1 (in no particular order).
    I rate Infinity and Engame same too.... Crazy how different our lists are!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My top 5 are

1. Winter Soldier
    2. Iron Man
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. Infinity War/End Game
    5. Civil War

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the overall ranking based on Letterboxd scores (probably the best critical resource of them all):
    1. Avengers: Endgame 4.08
    2. Avengers: Infinity War 3.98
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy 3.87
    4. Thor: Ragnarok 3.83
    5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3.8
    6. Iron Man 3.76
    7. Black Panther 3.74
    8. The Avengers 3.72
    9. Spider-Man: Far from Home 3.7
    10. Spider-Man: Homecoming 3.69
    11. Captain America: Civil War 3.66
    12. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 3.6
    13. Doctor Strange 3.45
    14. Ant-Man 3.37
    15. Captain Marvel 3.36
    16. Captain America: The First Avenger 3.33
    17. Ant-Man and the Wasp 3.29
    18. Iron Man 3 3.16
    19. Avengers: Age of Ultron 3.15
    20. Thor 3.03
    21. Iron Man 2 2.93
    22. Thor: The Dark World 2.71
    23. The Incredible Hulk 2.65

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Here's the overall ranking based on Letterboxd scores (probably the best critical resource of them all):
    1. Avengers: Endgame 4.08
    2. Avengers: Infinity War 3.98
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy 3.87
    4. Thor: Ragnarok 3.83
    5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3.8
    6. Iron Man 3.76
    7. Black Panther 3.74
    8. The Avengers 3.72
    9. Spider-Man: Far from Home 3.7
    10. Spider-Man: Homecoming 3.69
    11. Captain America: Civil War 3.66
    12. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 3.6
    13. Doctor Strange 3.45
    14. Ant-Man 3.37
    15. Captain Marvel 3.36
    16. Captain America: The First Avenger 3.33
    17. Ant-Man and the Wasp 3.29
    18. Iron Man 3 3.16
    19. Avengers: Age of Ultron 3.15
    20. Thor 3.03
    21. Iron Man 2 2.93
    22. Thor: The Dark World 2.71
    23. The Incredible Hulk 2.65
    NEverheard of this... what is Letterbox?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't Letterbox for the everyday movie lover? It's essentially a social networking site for film lovers.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...-date-revealed
    Sony Pictures has officially revealed the release date for their Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse sequel to the Oscar-winning animated film. It is set to open on April 8, 2022, where it will open a week ahead of Marvel Studios’ Black Panther 2. Check out the full announcement video below!

April 8, 2022 #SpiderVerse pic.twitter.com/FC5nVIuciB

— Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (@SpiderVerse) November 1, 2019
    https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...marvel-studios
    Although Ant-Man and the Wasp are sitting out of Marvel’s Phase 4, it looks like they will be back for Phase 5. According to The Hollywood Reporter, director Peyton Reed will return to helm Ant-Man 3. Reed originally took over the first Ant-Man from Edgar Wright when he had creative differences with Marvel. In 2018, Reed returned for the sequel, Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Presumably both Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly will reprise their respective roles as Ant-Man and the Wasp. The pair recently lent their voices to the Avengers: Damage Control VR experience. Both characters were also a part of Avengers: Endgame, although Rudd’s Scott Lang had the bigger role. That film notably introduced Emma Fuhrmann as Scott’s now-teenage daughter, Cassie Lang.

In the comics, Cassie eventually gained size-changing powers of her own and took on the codenames Stature and Stinger. But if Reed wants to keep the film series’ naming motif, we would suggest Ant-Man, the Wasp and Giant-Girl as the title.

Marvel Studios has yet to comment on THR’s story, but it’s a good bet that Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer would also reprise their roles as Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne. Scott’s partners, Luis (Michael Peña), Dave (Tip “T.I.” Harris), and Kurt (David Dastmalchian) would also be contenders to return alongside Judy Greer as Maggie and Bobby Cannavale as Jim.

Ant-Man 3 doesn’t have a date yet, or an official title. But it will likely arrive in either 2022 or 2023.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fun with the Internet or how to fix "Avengers: Endgame". Just a little light hearted mental masturbation..........................

Edit: Oops!!!! Fixed the link!!! Check it out. I thought it was a pretty funny and interesting article worth a "Click" and a read!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Winter Soldier is definitely the best MCU film.

Endgame being in the #1 spot on letterboxd is definitely a product of what I consider "the fangasm". It's a fine movie, sure, but it isn't better than Infinity War. All the Disney pushing for Endgame to get a best picture nomination and all those acting nominations...no, just no. It doesn't deserve a best picture nomination and it certainly doesn't deserve any acting nominations. I didn't think anyone stood out near enough to earn one and I don't think the material was strong enough to justify it. The performances are perfectly fine, but they ain't oscar worthy. It seems considering how many people seem to want it to get nominations, they're thinking with it as being a great film because it was the end of an era and it was emotional because it was the end of an era, but on its own merits, it isn't an emotional film. Infinity War earned emotional reactions based on the strong filmmaking and storytelling. Like, I felt more when Thanos tossed Gamorah off the edge than Black Widow/Hawkeye's battle to see who'll jump. To clarify all this, I mean that a film being emotional because of stock a fanbase has placed in a long series over a decade isn't the same as a film itself getting an emotional reaction...one is internally generated, one is a product of the external film.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Endgame being in the #1 spot on letterboxd is definitely a product of what I consider "the fangasm". It's a fine movie, sure, but it isn't better than Infinity War. All the Disney pushing for Endgame to get a best picture nomination and all those acting nominations...no, just no. It doesn't deserve a best picture nomination and it certainly doesn't deserve any acting nominations. I didn't think anyone stood out near enough to earn one and I don't think the material was strong enough to justify it. The performances are perfectly fine, but they ain't oscar worthy. It seems considering how many people seem to want it to get nominations, they're thinking with it as being a great film because it was the end of an era and it was emotional because it was the end of an era, but on its own merits, it isn't an emotional film. Infinity War earned emotional reactions based on the strong filmmaking and storytelling. Like, I felt more when Thanos tossed Gamorah off the edge than Black Widow/Hawkeye's battle to see who'll jump. To clarify all this, I mean that a film being emotional because of stock a fanbase has placed in a long series over a decade isn't the same as a film itself getting an emotional reaction...one is internally generated, one is a product of the external film.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Negative. It is maybe for you.. def not for me. Endgame is and letterbox has it right!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Endgame reminded me why I stopped reading superhero comics: dead is never quite dead. The inevitable ressurection, restart, reboot always robs me of the emotional impact of a supe's death/major traumatizing event.

Mattrick's final sentence in that wall of text is a great summary of the movie. I feel the same about The Stand.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Winter Soldier is my favorite Marvel movie too! I have to say Infinity war and Endgame are pure comic book bliss put to screen though. I'm so damn thankful they turned out as good as they did, especially since it's something we've always wanted to see committed to a big screen for the longest time. If I could show my younger self any particular movies from the future, it would probably be those two. They're by no means perfect movies, but it doesn't matter

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Negative. It is maybe for you.. def not for me. Endgame is and letterbox has it right!
    For me and a lot of people that think Infinity War is the superior film, because it is. But I understand why people put "the end" of a saga on such a pedestal because of their own emotional investment in the saga. It's just that Endgame has some key issues and things that don't quite work, and the climactic battle is kind of a mess. Infinity War start to finish told a better story, had a better progression of events, balanced an even bigger cast better than Endgame, and did it all with 20 less. minutes. The action scenes in Infinity War were much easier to follow and followed a logical progression of events and told their own stories. Endgame's final battle was just as much on the screen as possible and none of it really means anything. In the end it just had too much too juggle for one film that made it impossible to juggle it all without hurting the film itself.

Endgame is #5 on my MCU list. It was a satisfactory conclusion that means I don't have to watch Phase Four of the MCU, which makes me happy. The best MCU movie it is not. I wouldn't even put it in the same category with The Winter Soldier, let alone Infinity War.

Country
    Country Flag

For me and a lot of people that think Infinity War is the superior film, because it is. But I understand why people put "the end" of a saga on such a pedestal because of their own emotional investment in the saga. It's just that Endgame has some key issues and things that don't quite work, and the climactic battle is kind of a mess. Infinity War start to finish told a better story, had a better progression of events, balanced an even bigger cast better than Endgame, and did it all with 20 less. minutes. The action scenes in Infinity War were much easier to follow and followed a logical progression of events and told their own stories. Endgame's final battle was just as much on the screen as possible and none of it really means anything. In the end it just had too much too juggle for one film that made it impossible to juggle it all without hurting the film itself.

Endgame is #5 on my MCU list. It was a satisfactory conclusion that means I don't have to watch Phase Four of the MCU, which makes me happy. The best MCU movie it is not. I wouldn't even put it in the same category with The Winter Soldier, let alone Infinity War.
    And that’s why we all have opinions my friend. I even took your (I think) advice and tried Winter again and it’s not even in my top 5. Strange how that goes eh

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope this is the right place to post this but, I signed up for the new "Disney+" streaming service. I'm bopping around, checking out the content and I came across "The Inhumans". I only had time to watch the 1st episode and add it to my watch list, but what the hell? Cine-philes don't jump all over me, but what is up with the cinematography (?) for this series? The first chase sequence seemed like some kind of CGI/Animation over live action or straight CGI/Animation like has been done on some past Video game movies (Final Fantasy?). It wasn't bad like those were, but really pretty fucking cool!!!! Even after that initial sequence the rest of the episode still felt like it had some sort of "Enhanced Live action filming" (?). There was just that extra "something to it.

Any of you expert film guys have any idea what I'm trying to describe? Does the "process" or whatever have some proper name to it or am I just some crazy old fuck (probably very likely!! lol) who doesn't know what he's describing or talking about? Has anyone seen this show and know what I mean? Anyway, beside's all that I liked it and the show and will be giving it a shot for more episodes when I get a chance.

If anyone out there is familiar with this show, please chime in by all means!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I hope this is the right place to post this but, I signed up for the new "Disney+" streaming service. I'm bopping around, checking out the content and I came across "The Inhumans". I only had time to watch the 1st episode and add it to my watch list, but what the hell? Cine-philes don't jump all over me, but what is up with the cinematography (?) for this series? The first chase sequence seemed like some kind of CGI/Animation over live action or straight CGI/Animation like has been done on some past Video game movies (Final Fantasy?). It wasn't bad like those were, but really pretty fucking cool!!!! Even after that initial sequence the rest of the episode still felt like it had some sort of "Enhanced Live action filming" (?). There was just that extra "something to it.

Any of you expert film guys have any idea what I'm trying to describe? Does the "process" or whatever have some proper name to it or am I just some crazy old fuck (probably very likely!! lol) who doesn't know what he's describing or talking about? Has anyone seen this show and know what I mean? Anyway, beside's all that I liked it and the show and will be giving it a shot for more episodes when I get a chance.

Apparently it was meant for IMAX, but not all the scenes were filmed in IMAX?

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I watched some of it. It only got like half a season and was pretty terrible. I'm pretty sure it was universally trashed by critics and viewers. As far as the cinematography goes, I believe the first 2 episodes (or just first episode I can't remember) were shot and released in IMAX about a month before the show aired. I think the rest of the show was filmed normally. It was supposed to tie into the MCU and Agents of SHIELD, but the MCU ignored it (like they do all the TV shows) and Agents of SHIELD ignored it as well. It was honestly one of the worst comic book TV shows I've ever seen.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast