Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2376

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Anyone care to speculate which movies these eight will turn out to be? I hope after Far From Home comes out Marvel will do a reveal, but we could make some guesses:
    • May 1st, 2020 - Black Widow (prequel)
    • November 6th, 2020 - Doctor Strange 2 (introducing Captain Britain?)
    • February 12th, 2021 - Shang-Chi (Chinese New Year)
    • May 7th, 2021 - The Eternals
    • November 5th, 2021 - Captain Marvel 2 (more Skrull fun)
    • February 18th, 2022 - Black Panther 2 (introducing Namor)
    • May 6th, 2022 - Nova
    • July 29th, 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (with Adam Warlock)
    I think this is a pretty good guess, though I doubt they'll to Shang-Chi and The Eternals the same year. Both are "unknown's" and Marvel / Disney tend to play it safe, so they probably won't take that risk. I'd guess maybe that May 6th, 2022 date would be for whatever their big team up movie will be. Be it just another Avengers movie with a different roster or maybe some variant of Avengers like the rumored all women team or maybe "West Coast Avengers" or something like that.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could see them swapping Doctor Strange 2 and The Eternals, if name recognition is a concern. But then again, Marvel itself is the brand and nobody knew who Captain Marvel was yet it still made over a billion. Also, I don’t see any team movies until 2024 or 2025 at the very earliest. We could have A-Force, Young Avengers, or some sort of new Avengers, but first we need in the real world to catch up to Endgame and Far From Home, since they take place five years in the future.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I could see them swapping Doctor Strange 2 and The Eternals, if name recognition is a concern. But then again, Marvel itself is the brand and nobody knew who Captain Marvel was yet it still made over a billion. Also, I don’t see any team movies until 2024 or 2025 at the very earliest. We could have A-Force, Young Avengers, or some sort of new Avengers, but first we need in the real world to catch up to Endgame and Far From Home, since they take place five years in the future.
    Personally I think the MCU and the real world are just out of sync now, since neither Doctor Strange 2 or Black Panther 2 can happen in that 5 years. Those movies have to be set after Endgame, and they probably won't take place immediately after Endgame, so they'll be pushing the timeline even further back. Per the name recognition thing, I'm mostly thinking historically. Outside Phase 1 where everything was a new property, they've never launched 2 new properties in the same year and with so many sequels still on the horizon I can't see them bucking that trend now. Plus there's more sequels that aren't confirmed yet, but are almost certainly happening. Thor 4 (heavily rumored), Ant-Man 3, and Spider-man 3 all come to mind.

Personally I'd expect a new Spider-man in probably 2 years, mostly because Sony still has some say in that and they'll want to keep that cash flowing.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree on Spider-Man, but that's technically a Sony movie, so it won't be on Disney's slate.

I agree on Spider-Man, but that's technically a Sony movie, so it won't be on Disney's slate.
    Maybe not Disney's slate, but it'll be on Marvel's slate, since they're kinda the creative lead in those movies. I wouldn't be suprised that if they announce a road map if Spider-Man 3 was on it. That said I'm kinda surprised they only have 2 slotted for next year. They've been on this 3 movie a year cycle for awhile now.

Country
    Country Flag

They could honestly do four and be fine, I think.

They could honestly do four and be fine, I think.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's in the future plans now that they have the Fox stuff. Especially if they're planning on keeping Deadpool going like they've said. That said I can't imagine they'll be putting Deadpool in the actual MCU, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I saw it again last night, and enjoyed it just as much this time. Fat Thor still made me laugh. Cap picking up the Hammer still make me all giddy. Seeing everyone come through the portal to aid the group was still amazing.

I was so jacked on adrenaline and emotion the first time seeing it that I didn't truly grasp the magnitude of what we're seeing on screen. From a logistical perspective, contractual, conceptual, execution - so many elements needed to come together to make this film what it was. It's not hyperbole to say that what goes on in this movie might not ever be replicated again in the history of movies, except of course maybe by Disney again lol.
    Totally. Aside from how great a book end I thought it was, one of the major things that struck me walking out of the theater was the thought "Holy crap there are A List actors in this movie that are just 'extras'".

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Seeing it again this weekend. Can't wait. I really did like it. And I am so excited to see what comes next. After Spider-Man.

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ cool video, Mae!!! Thanks for posting.

Country
    Country Flag

It's what I do

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's what I do

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Here's an article covering all the planned Disney releases through 2027:

http://www.zimbio.com/Every+Disney+M...ers+Until+2027

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Would the "un-snap" for lack of a better term be as catastrophic as the Snap? I was reading a poster's comments about this and it makes sense that the un-snap would be just as devastating. The world had downsized to half, suddenly it's doubled again. Where are the returned going to work and live and eat? What about parents that got dusted and left behind infants that surely would have starved to death on their own? Coming back to that would be a nightmare. What about the elderly that got dusted and now all their friends have died in the subsequent five years? What about people that have moved on to new relationships to suddenly have their former husband/wife etc show back up? What if you got dusted in an airplane over the ocean or were in an elevator or in a car during rush hour and then undusted at the same spot? Millions would have died in the chaos after the snap and the Avengers don't acknowledge them. Why did only the dusted get to come back? Why not all that died as a result of the snap?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure future films will touch on this. Not too much however, this is still a comic book franchise. Don't expect talks about credit card activations or divorce papers lol.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Where are the returned going to work and live and eat? What about parents that got dusted and left behind infants that surely would have starved to death on their own? Coming back to that would be a nightmare. What about the elderly that got dusted and now all their friends have died in the subsequent five years? What about people that have moved on to new relationships to suddenly have their former husband/wife etc show back up?
    You just described the basic premise of the show Manifest.

It was only about 20 people or so on a plane but they went through some weird time warp and literally disappeared for like 5 years. The show deals with the people basically having come back from the dead not having aged a single day. Family members died, wives/husbands moved on to other relationships, friends grew up, etc...

That is an interesting point though but on a much larger scale. I think they'll touch on it a little bit in Spiderman: Far From Home.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Where are the returned going to work and live and eat? What about parents that got dusted and left behind infants that surely would have starved to death on their own? Coming back to that would be a nightmare. What about the elderly that got dusted and now all their friends have died in the subsequent five years? What about people that have moved on to new relationships to suddenly have their former husband/wife etc show back up?

It was only about 20 people or so on a plane but they went through some weird time warp and literally disappeared for like 5 years. The show deals with the people basically having come back from the dead not having aged a single day. Family members died, wives/husbands moved on to other relationships, friends grew up, etc...

That is an interesting point though but on a much larger scale. I think they'll touch on it a little bit in Spiderman: Far From Home.
    Is Manafest a good watch? Sounds cool!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Is Manafest a good watch? Sounds cool!
    It started out pretty good. But then they sort of went away from the the whole "dealing with getting our lives back after being gone for 5 years" and started going in a different direction. They are trying to add some sort of shadowy government/supernatural type vibe to it now.

I'm gonna keep watching Season 2 but it seems like one of those types of shows where they'll end up writing themselves into a corner and then it'll get cancelled before anything is really explained.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like my prediction of the May 1st, 2020 Marvel movie being Black Widow is coming true, if it's a smallish spy movie, then 11 months to film and for post-production should be just enough:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So strange they'd make a Black Widow movie now considering the events of Endgame.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This doesn't even scratch the surface. A planet with 7 billion people suddenly has 3.5 billion. All industries and means of production, notably agriculture and anything to do with food, would have to downsize. Places on Earth that had mass starvation would probably be doing better off. Places where there were genocide and guerilla warfare might be totally different if large forces of the baddies were all dusted. Housing would too shrink, as would the need for various things. Power grids would lower their outages. Nature would probably begin to rebound as 30-50% of the pollution producing would be mitigated with less people, cars, and resources being used. And once the world is just getting accustomed to the new world, people have moved on, industries downsize their production and workforce, the economy would stablize. Whatever savings or any such assets would no doubt have already been passed on to relatives or been dissolved by the state.

And them WHAM! 3.5 million people return in an instant. There would be famine everywhere as there wouldn't be enough food available. There would be record numbers of unemployment, homelessness. The economy would crash. Companies would crumble. Crime would be rampant. there would be riotting in the streets. The government wouldn't know what to do. It would be pure and utter chaos. For all we know, as a whole, Earth, and the universe itself, was better off after The Snap. What Thanos did was selfless, even sacrificing the person who loved most to achieve his goal, and then he destroyed the stones for the betterment of the universe. Then The Avengers come in WAH MY FRIENDS! WAHHH MY FAMILY!!! and they FUCK EVERYTHING UP just so they can feel a little better, not even understanding the consequence of their actions this time make Sokovia look like a housefire.

The Avengers are all selfish assholes. They don't even care Hawkeye spent 5 years being a mass murdering serial killer...they're just like 'Hey Hawkeye! That's cool you got a happy ending and shit and Black Widow is dead...at least you're happy though, you selfish fuck'. You used to be cool, Hawkeye. You used to be my favourite Avenger, but you're a horrible person. Are you going to tell your wife and kids about the hundreds or thousands of people you slaughtered IN THEIR NAME? No? I didn't think so, you chump change mofo. You make me sick. But you don't care, do you? Marvel and Disney will just enable your ass. There probably won't even be any real negative fallout from reversing the snap. They're just going to pretend like everything is roses and amazing and that you didn't doom hundreds of millions of people into lives of pure disarray, poverty, destitution, and loneliness.

For all we know, there was a growing movement of world peace because finally everyone were equals in that they were all victims of The Snap. Thanos could have united mankind to work together as one to rebuild a better world out of what was left so that the lives of all those lost wouldn't be in vain. But NOOOOOOOOO!!!! The AVENGERS had to fuck it all up. Pricks.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast