Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

... anyway, back to the movie itself.

So like I mentioned I watched last weekend. It's decent - middle of the pack MCU movies. Had much more in common with Phase I movies than anything they've put out recently (after they perfected their formula). My main problem was Brie Larson herself; she had about 3 different facial reactions total for any occasion.

I didn't like that

Spoiler:
    The Skrulls were used as a plot device to make the infinitely less interesting Kree seem more sinister than they really are. One minute they're fighting to the death and the next they're all chummy on the spaceships, cracking jokes with each other. It was so strange and cringy and took me right out the film. Felt like Mandarin in Iron Man 3 all over again

Humor was ok, a little more than half the jokes landed. Others were so forced I had to question what the writers were under the influence of.

Captain Marvel's design though was great, especially during the times when she becomes fully powered. Marvel's SFX never, ever fail to disappoint. Samuel L. Jackson's de-aging CGI is a wonder and I'm excited at the possibilities of it being used in future movies, not just Marvel. The banter between him and Carol was my favorite aspect of the movie.

Goose the cat stole the show, obviously.

That's all I got for now.

6.5/10

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I skipped through the Half in the Bag video (who makes half hour movie review videos!?), but something they said made me remember something. They said it was super cringey and eye-rolley when the "I'm Just A Girl" song played. And that's exactly how I felt! I remember mumbling under my breath, "Jesus Christ ..." while shaking my head. There's perfect song choices, then there's a little too on the nose song choices, then there's "DON'T YOU SEE!!!!!??? IT'S A SONG ABOUT A GIRL BEING HELD BACK IN THE WORLD!!!!!! AND IT'S IN A MOVIE ABOUT A STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER KICKING ASS!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!" Fucking barf. Any director worthy of directing a Marvel movie should have known better, but instead the people behind "Half Nelson" give us THIS.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm a big fan of RedLetterMedia. Their review shows can get a bit meandering at times, their humor is irreverent, to say the least, and their content, while YouTube friendly, is NSFW.

But their shows are entertaining.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually thought the mid-90s grrl power soundtrack worked really well throughout the movie. Shrug.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It was a little beat-you-over-the-head-ee at times but I generally liked the songs they chose. I also loved that she was rocking a NIN shirt for the entire movie

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    NOW that's what I am freaking talking about. That preview has me really pumped.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m not real well versed in avengers lore. So, those white unis - are those like an Ultimate or Fantastic Four nod, or are those supposed to be Quantum Realm resistant ? Or something else entirely I’m dumb about?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    I’m not real well versed in avengers lore. So, those white unis - are those like an Ultimate or Fantastic Four nod, or are those supposed to be Quantum Realm resistant ? Or something else entirely I’m dumb about?
    The Avengers have sported different armors through out the years - the one in the trailer looks like it took its inspiration from the SHIELD Armor, which is to protect them from the elements/ extreme conditions on distant planets.

I'm guessing this particular armor will protect them from the harmful elements of the Quantum Realm.

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

James Gunn is back as director of GOTG3.

I would love to know how much he was originally supposed to make before social media ruined it, and how much he agreed to come back for

Country
    Country Flag

https://batman-news.com/2019/03/15/j...ehired-marvel/
    In a surprising bit of news, it has been confirmed that James Gunn has been rehired to direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 by Marvel Studios. This immediately raises the question, however, and what this means for his being the writer and director on The Suicide Squad. It seems that is intact and his new contract states he can not begin the third Guardians film until he completes The Suicide Squad.

According to the report from Deadline – which was confirmed with Marvel Studios and James Gunn’s camp – Walt Disney Studios president Alan Horn met with Gunn on multiple occasions to discuss what had led to his firing. For those that may not recall, Gunn was fired from Marvel last summer when some old tweets he had made resurfaced. Gunn expressed remorse over the tweets, and through his meetings with Horn reportedly showed those were not who he was anymore.

Horn decided to reverse the decision to fire Gunn, but there was now a small hiccup in the process. During his time away from Marvel he had signed on to write and direct The Suicide Squad for Warner Bros. The agreement that was reached was that Gunn will complete production on that film before he begins anything on the third Guardians film.

With The Suicide Squad due on Aug. 6, 2021, that should mean Guardians will probably not hit theaters until any earlier than 2023 at this stage. The script was completed before Gunn was fired, so at least some work may be able to move forward without Gunn being involved.

Now, lets see how someone handles working in both camps!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just glad he's back - the GOTG universe is his baby, woulda been weird for anyone else but him to close out the trilogy/usher in a new era.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

He brings up a few good points, but it's mostly just whining.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I skipped through the Half in the Bag video (who makes half hour movie review videos!?), but something they said made me remember something. They said it was super cringey and eye-rolley when the "I'm Just A Girl" song played. And that's exactly how I felt! I remember mumbling under my breath, "Jesus Christ ..." while shaking my head. There's perfect song choices, then there's a little too on the nose song choices, then there's "DON'T YOU SEE!!!!!??? IT'S A SONG ABOUT A GIRL BEING HELD BACK IN THE WORLD!!!!!! AND IT'S IN A MOVIE ABOUT A STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER KICKING ASS!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!" Fucking barf. Any director worthy of directing a Marvel movie should have known better, but instead the people behind "Half Nelson" give us THIS.
    Come on, man. You have a daughter. Shit like that isn't even a little cool to you! I love No Doubt and Gwen Stefani, so I loved it. I guess one could make the case that placement of a song like that was a little odd. It probably would have fit better earlier in the film opposed to the super intense climax.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

We're one month out!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The Avengers teaser was perfect.
    Final edit not complete, but directors said it’ll probably be 3 hours
    it will not be 3 hours. Theaters just won't go for it. 230-245MAX when its done.
    Sounds like theaters will indeed go for it

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...d-and-its-long

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

it will not be 3 hours. Theaters just won't go for it. 230-245MAX when its done.

I don't think theaters care all that much how long the movies are. They make their money on concessions, not movie tickets. The longer people are there, the more food and drinks they'll buy.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

I don't think theaters care all that much how long the movies are. They make their money on concessions, not movie tickets. The longer people are there, the more food and drinks they'll buy.
    However it is less viewings they can have a day. The theater DOES care.... if you are unfamiliar with how Disney "rules the roost".. Google it. They are def in control. They have yanked their movies from theaters before for not following their rules. I am happy that it is that long though
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

With all they have to cover, that run time sounds about right.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I really wish theaters would bring back the intermission. Here is an interesting article on it:

http://medium.com/the-outtake/what-h...n-45afcda475ae

They don't mention how the studio's would feel about it though.

I really think any movie over 150 mins needs one. I'm getting older and need to go more often LOL.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Cool

I would not be upset with an intermission.

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Hateful Eight on 70mm Christmas Eve a few years back and they did an intermission. It was great and everyone was chatting with each other about the movie before going back in for the 2nd half. Fantastic experience

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast