Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 96 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    But if somehow that were still hypocritical of Disney, are you suggesting that Disney, in order to avoid hypocrisy through consistency, should not only continue to employ someone with the stench of pedophilia jokes but make more racist cartoons along the lines of SOOS? I know you're not saying that - so what should they do? Ignore their present responsibilities to protect their brand, maximize profits, protect shareholders, in the interest of - what, exactly?

Simply: they took the safest, most responsible course currently available.
    Look I understand what you're saying. None of that's really my point, and maybe I'm just not getting my point across very well. I just think it'd be one thing if he was an actual pedophile, which to my knowledge there have been no accusations of. This is just a guy who told some shitty jokes 10 years ago. I'll use RDJ as a different example, he was a drug addict, he isn't anymore, he's reformed and we applaud him for overcoming it and making a comeback. James Gunn, was a "edge lord" who made some shitty jokes, he doesn't do that anymore, and he apologized for it years ago, yet we're holding him over the coals for it now.

I understand Disney's position, what they're doing, and why they're doing it. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it or applaud them for it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    But if somehow that were still hypocritical of Disney, are you suggesting that Disney, in order to avoid hypocrisy through consistency, should not only continue to employ someone with the stench of pedophilia jokes but make more racist cartoons along the lines of SOOS? I know you're not saying that - so what should they do? Ignore their present responsibilities to protect their brand, maximize profits, protect shareholders, in the interest of - what, exactly?

Look I understand what you're saying. None of that's really my point, and maybe I'm just not getting my point across very well. I just think it'd be one thing if he was an actual pedophile, which to my knowledge there have been no accusations of. This is just a guy who told some shitty jokes 10 years ago. I'll use RDJ as a different example, he was a drug addict, he isn't anymore, he's reformed and we applaud him for overcoming it and making a comeback. James Gunn, was a "edge lord" who made some shitty jokes, he doesn't do that anymore, and he apologized for it years ago, yet we're holding him over the coals for it now.

I understand Disney's position, what they're doing, and why they're doing it. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it or applaud them for it.
    Seriously, read the tweets. I'm telling ya, I'm a wise ass as much as anyone and I don't think I found one of those "Shitty Jokes" funny in the least. More like disturbing IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Seriously, read the tweets. I'm telling ya, I'm a wise ass as much as anyone and I don't think I found one of those "Shitty Jokes" funny in the least. More like disturbing IMHO
    I've read the tweets, but I also know a bit about James Gunn from back then. He was the type of person who said stuff with the intention of shocking and offending people. It wasn't so much about being funny as it was about being intentionally offensive. It very much aligns with a lot of his early film work too, intentionally offensive, and really not in the least bit good, until he hit the mainstream.

Edit: I'm not defending the tweets. They're horrible.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read the tweets, but I also know a bit about James Gunn from back then. He was the type of person who said stuff with the intention of shocking and offending people. It wasn't so much about being funny as it was about being intentionally offensive. It very much aligns with a lot of his early film work too, intentionally offensive, and really not in the least bit good, until he hit the mainstream.

I hear you. However that also kinda makes him an asshole. Seems to me he'd have to do a lot more than apologize for that garbage.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

I hear you. However that also kinda makes him an asshole. Seems to me he'd have to do a lot more than apologize for that garbage.
    Definitely an asshole.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My theatre is doing a week long marathon of all the MCU movies on their IMAX screen. Now I can see The Winter Soldier on the big screen!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Infinity War, but there's one thing that's bugging the shit out of me - Thor: Ragnarok was about Thor realizing he didn't need the hammer to use his powers to their full extent.. yet in IW, he spends practically the entire film on a quest to forge a weapon that's capable of defeating Thanos?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I love Infinity War, but there's one thing that's bugging the shit out of me - Thor: Ragnarok was about Thor realizing he didn't need the hammer to use his powers to their full extent.. yet in IW, he spends practically the entire film on a quest to forge a weapon that's capable of defeating Thanos?
    All things being equal, fight fire with fire? Remember the gauntlet was made in the same place, right? I thought the hammer was the only thing that could destroy the glove.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's an interesting point... but if that were the case, they would have mentioned that the hammer's energy signature is the only thing that could damage the gauntlet, similar to how Wanda's powers were the only thing that could destroy the Stone since it derived its powers from it.

Also, one thing I would have loved to have seen in the end when Thanos sits down to rest is to see him toss the gauntlet aside as if it was unimportant. Would have really driven the point home that he truly believed he was pursuing a noble cause, and that the gauntlet was just a means to an end.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

All due respect, but I thought that was the point of insuring we saw the mold for the gauntlet and the ensuing dialogue between, Tyrion and Thor. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's certainly possible, but again it was never outright mentioned in the film. And in the MCU, where they go to painstaking lengths to underscore every piece of exposition possible, its a telling omission.

Also the pretense for Thor visiting the forge in the first place is to forge "a Thanos killing weapon".

But hey, if what you say comes to pass in the next film, the first round is on me!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's certainly possible, but again it was never outright mentioned in the film. And in the MCU, where they go to painstaking lengths to underscore every piece of exposition possible, its a telling omission.

Also the pretense for Thor visiting the forge in the first place is to forge "a Thanos killing weapon".

But hey, if what you say comes to pass in the next film, the first round is on me!
    Eh, you make a good point. Perhaps it was too subtle a reference and I'm assuming too much. The way I hear it, Capt. Marvel is the key to beating, Thanos but in the GN it's really.....

Spoiler:
    Nebula, right? plus if I recall in the GN the gauntlet doesn't get destroyed.

Certainly looking forward to the freshly woven story's completion. One thing I'm a bit curious about is that from an MCU movie-making/business standpoint it would seem that the "Snap" would be a very convenient way to lose a few veterans (Downey, Evans, Hemsworth etc), but that doesn't fit with the heroes that went due to the snap. I'm curious to see how that will shake out or do you guys have theories?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-mcu-prequel-comic/
    The final shot of Avengers: Infinity War prepared Marvel Cinematic Universe fans for the arrival of Brie Larson’s Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel. As Maria Hill and Nick Fury began to crumble to dust following Thanos’ Infinity snap, the former S.H.I.E.L.D. director rushed to send out a distress signal out into space to Captain Marvel. But before the cosmic superhero comes to save the day in Avengers 4, she will get her very own solo film that will explore her origin story in the ’90s.

However, we have now learned that before Captain Marvel flies into theaters in 2019, the road to the character’s highly-anticipated MCU debut will begin in the comic books. The advanced solicitations for Marvel’s November releases have revealed that the publishing company will release Marvel’s Captain Marvel Prelude #1 by the creative team of Will Corona Pilgrim and Andrea Di Vito.

According to the solicit text, the issue will spin out of the events of Avengers: Infinity War and star Nick Fury and Maria Hill as they embark on missions that will lead directly to the arrival on Captain Marvel in the MCU. This is rather interesting, considering that, as far as we know, Nick Fury and Maria Hill both died as a result of Thanos wiping out half of all life in the Universe. If the Captain Marvel Prelude is a spin-off of Infinity War, does that mean we will get answers as to what happened to the characters who were killed by Thanos?

Or is it more likely that the comic book will show us what Fury and Hill were up to before Thanos snapped his fingers? Either way, it looks like we are about to get more answers about Captain Marvel’s mysterious whereabouts.

Check out the full solicit for Marvel’s Captain Marvel Prelude #1 below:

GET READY FOR THE BLOCKBUSTER MARVEL’S CAPTAIN MARVEL FILM WITH THIS PRELUDE!
    MARVEL’S CAPTAIN MARVEL PRELUDE #1

WILL CORONA PILGRIM (W) • ANDREA DI VITO (A)
    Before CAROL DANVERS takes flight in 2019’s first Marvel Studios film, immerse yourself in this all-new adventure! Spinning out of the mysterious events of Avengers: Infinity War, NICK FURY and MARIA HILL set off on life-or-death missions that lead directly to the appearance of CAPTAIN MARVEL!
    32 PGS./ one-shot /Rated T …$3.99

Directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck from a script they wrote with Liz Flahive, Carly Mensch, Meg LeFauve, Nicole Perlman and Geneva Robertson-Dworet, Captain Marvel stars Brie Larson as Carol Danvers, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Jude Law as Mar-Vell, Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson, Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser, Djimon Hounsou as Korath the Pursuer, Gemma Chan as Minn-Erva, and Ben Mendelsohn, Lashana Lynch, Algenis Perez Soto, McKenna Grace and Annette Bening in as-yet-undisclosed roles. The film arrives March 8, 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-mcu-prequel-comic/
    The final shot of Avengers: Infinity War prepared Marvel Cinematic Universe fans for the arrival of Brie Larson’s Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel. As Maria Hill and Nick Fury began to crumble to dust following Thanos’ Infinity snap, the former S.H.I.E.L.D. director rushed to send out a distress signal out into space to Captain Marvel. But before the cosmic superhero comes to save the day in Avengers 4, she will get her very own solo film that will explore her origin story in the ’90s.

However, we have now learned that before Captain Marvel flies into theaters in 2019, the road to the character’s highly-anticipated MCU debut will begin in the comic books. The advanced solicitations for Marvel’s November releases have revealed that the publishing company will release Marvel’s Captain Marvel Prelude #1 by the creative team of Will Corona Pilgrim and Andrea Di Vito.

According to the solicit text, the issue will spin out of the events of Avengers: Infinity War and star Nick Fury and Maria Hill as they embark on missions that will lead directly to the arrival on Captain Marvel in the MCU. This is rather interesting, considering that, as far as we know, Nick Fury and Maria Hill both died as a result of Thanos wiping out half of all life in the Universe. If the Captain Marvel Prelude is a spin-off of Infinity War, does that mean we will get answers as to what happened to the characters who were killed by Thanos?

Or is it more likely that the comic book will show us what Fury and Hill were up to before Thanos snapped his fingers? Either way, it looks like we are about to get more answers about Captain Marvel’s mysterious whereabouts.

Check out the full solicit for Marvel’s Captain Marvel Prelude #1 below:

GET READY FOR THE BLOCKBUSTER MARVEL’S CAPTAIN MARVEL FILM WITH THIS PRELUDE!
    MARVEL’S CAPTAIN MARVEL PRELUDE #1

WILL CORONA PILGRIM (W) • ANDREA DI VITO (A)
    Before CAROL DANVERS takes flight in 2019’s first Marvel Studios film, immerse yourself in this all-new adventure! Spinning out of the mysterious events of Avengers: Infinity War, NICK FURY and MARIA HILL set off on life-or-death missions that lead directly to the appearance of CAPTAIN MARVEL!
    32 PGS./ one-shot /Rated T …$3.99

Directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck from a script they wrote with Liz Flahive, Carly Mensch, Meg LeFauve, Nicole Perlman and Geneva Robertson-Dworet, Captain Marvel stars Brie Larson as Carol Danvers, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Jude Law as Mar-Vell, Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson, Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser, Djimon Hounsou as Korath the Pursuer, Gemma Chan as Minn-Erva, and Ben Mendelsohn, Lashana Lynch, Algenis Perez Soto, McKenna Grace and Annette Bening in as-yet-undisclosed roles. The film arrives March 8, 2019.
    If I had to guess, I would say the comic will not be a direct follow up to Infinity War, but actually maybe take place at the same time. Leading up to the moment they get snapped.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

One thing I'm a bit curious about is that from an MCU movie-making/business standpoint it would seem that the "Snap" would be a very convenient way to lose a few veterans (Downey, Evans, Hemsworth etc), but that doesn't fit with the heroes that went due to the snap. I'm curious to see how that will shake out or do you guys have theories?
    Absolutely. Also want to point out that all of the original Avengers were the survivors of the Snap, all the newcomers disappeared (Rocket being the only exception).

I'm thinking that either Tony, or the original team, (or both) will sacrifice their souls to restore the rest of humanity.

One thing I'm a bit curious about is that from an MCU movie-making/business standpoint it would seem that the "Snap" would be a very convenient way to lose a few veterans (Downey, Evans, Hemsworth etc), but that doesn't fit with the heroes that went due to the snap. I'm curious to see how that will shake out or do you guys have theories?
    Absolutely. Also want to point out that all of the original Avengers were the survivors of the Snap, all the newcomers disappeared (Rocket being the only exception).

I'm thinking that either Tony, or the original team, (or both) will sacrifice their souls to restore the rest of humanity.
    That's a pretty good guess. I don' think we're gonna loose the entire original team. I'd say almost certainly Tony and there's like a 75% chance of Cap as well. I think we'll keep Thor and Hulk for sure. Especially with the huge success that the latest Thor movie was, and Hemsworth hasn't really expressed any desire to be done with the character.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

She looks so fucking cool! Can't wait for that movie!!!!

There was a plot summary I read somewhere as well, and I can say I'm pretty happy with the direction they are taking it. Can't wait.

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen some criticism of the costume already but I think she looks amazing and I especially love this EW cover shot (or it could just be the hair), Brie looks powerful with just a tiny smile or smirk on her face.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The suit looks great and inline with the aesthetic they used for Captain America, don't see what the big deal is.

I hope they give her the iconic faux hawk in Avengers 4.

Country
    Country Flag

She looks so fucking cool! Can't wait for that movie!!!!
    Me too, so excited. Here's a nice breakdown of the recent reveals:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 96 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast