Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, the third film still had a lot of great stuff, especially the arcs for Harry and Sandman.

As for Venom...out of ALL the characters in the film series so far, he was the only one who I thought didn't get the character down.

I originally heard that Ben Kingsley was supposed to play the Vulture, but that got overruled...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Oh yeah, the third film still had a lot of great stuff, especially the arcs for Harry and Sandman.

As for Venom...out of ALL the characters in the film series so far, he was the only one who I thought didn't get the character down.

I originally heard that Ben Kingsley was supposed to play the Vulture, but that got overruled...
    I'd agree with you about Venom--as for the other characters I'm not sure.... Although Spider-Man is easily my favorite superhero, I don't know nearly as much about the Spider-Man universe as you might expect me to....

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Screenwriter James Vanderbilt has confirmed Spider-Man 4!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/849/849075p1.html

-----

Who will direct? Will Maguire be back? Will Dunst? If not, what actors should replace them? And who should be the next villian?

Let's hear it!
    They are getting an excel spreadsheet to direct, with a huge focus on studio profit margins and keeping tabs on how much shit the public will actually pay for and swallow while they can still get away with it.

Maguire is in for a mainboard circuit overhaul (his synthetic facial tissue is starting to wear out and the masses are squirming uncomfortably). Dunst will most likely be returning for the fourth film and has also signed on for the 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 16th, 17th, 21st, 22nd, 24th and 30th installments, although her soul is on a cruise off coast of San Jose with her mother.

Some fantastic new Random Script Generators have replaced the "Writers" used on the first three films, but the Studio is confidant that handing out free gelantinous grey cubes that taste like MacDonalds Big Macs at every screening will distract The Public enough from noticing.

All in all, it should be a great success!

*hugs*
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Spidey 4 Release Buzz
    When might the wallcrawler return to cinemas?
    by Jim Vejvoda

May 23, 2008 - Although it's not set in stone, it appears that fans could expect to see Spider-Man 4 in theaters within the next three years. Whether or not director Sam Raimi and stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst remains to be seen.

According to IESB, Marvel's vice chairman Peter Cuneo advised the press during a conference call yesterday that the future of Spider-Man 4 is "up to Sony" with the most likely release date for the film being in either 2010 or 2011, although Cuneo added "we can't speak for them and I think that we don't know."

Cuneo added that Sony hopes to make Spidey 4 "within a reasonable timeframe" and that they "may be looking at some issues with the cast and so on, I think they have to make some decisions."

Zodiac screenwriter James Vanderbilt has been hired to script Spider-Man 4.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Iron Man 2 - Slated for a 2010 release

Iron Man 2 Start Date
    Sequel slated for 2010 bow.
    by Jim Vejvoda

June 9, 2008 - With Iron Man proving to be one of the most successful movies this summer, both critically and commercially, Marvel Studios has already slated the inevitable sequel for an April 2010 release. But when will it begin filming?

Coming Soon points out an interview that Iron Man actor Terrence Howard, who played USAF Col. Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes, did with Military.com, wherein it's revealed that Iron Man 2 will start shooting in March 2009.

No word yet if the sequel will delve into Tony Stark's alcoholism, or if Rhodey will step into the armor in Stark's absence as he did in the comics.

No talent deals have been inked yet, but Robert Downey, Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, and Howard, as well as director Jon Favreau, are all expected to reprise their respective duties for the sequel.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm already [--] close to wetting my pants at the very idea.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

noice!

he did say "not today"
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yay!! we want War Machine!! Rhodey has to put on the armour... he said he would... sort of.. I thought they were gonna do an Avengers movie.... ahh ok nevermind... looked it up they're coming out within a year of each other... cool

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I just read an article saying that Marvel is opting to do the sequel WITHOUT Favreau as the director. This sort of burns me. I think he did an excellent job with the first one...

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

he did an AWESOME job with the first one.

why the fuck would they want to replace him? cheap fucks.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

noooooooooooooo

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Where did you see that at, Ves? I think it's highly unlikely that they'll replace Favreu, given the overwhelming amount of positive feedback that this movie received. Also, he already stated that he would be more than happy to come back and direct the 2nd movie, and I think he's already penning the script.

Link?

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Let me go back to the link on my facebook....someone messaged it to me...

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I apologize. I read the blurb my friend had written about the article and mistook it for part of the article the way it showed up on my screen. It seems like more here-say and gossip-mongering now that I read it.

http://joblo.com/favs-less-iron-man-2

My Mood
    Breezy

*phew*

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess if not for the gossip we wouldn't have anything to talk about until 2010 except Stark's role in the Hulk....

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure that War Machine is going to at least get some screen time in Iron Man deuce. And that was a nice little tease in the first movie when Rhodes looks at the armor and says "next time".

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Iron Man 2 Villain Buzz
    Will it be the Mandarin or the Hulk?
    by Jim Vejvoda

June 16, 2008 - Although he has not yet been signed to direct the sequel, Iron Man director Jon Favreau has been blogging who fans might expect to see menace Shellhead in Iron Man 2.

In a posting at his MySpace blog, Favreau revealed that "The Mandarin is Iron Man's nemesis and will be incorporated in the sequel. It's true that I am apprehensive about how he is to be presented. In the tech based modern world that we created for (Iron Man), a Fu Manchu style villain with magical/alien tech rings would seem out of place."

Favreau added, "There were early drafts of (Iron Man) where the Mandarin was the main villain, so we've already explored the character to some extent. I am curious to see how he has been treated in his latest books and how that might influence our direction."

He also said, "I've already mentioned War Machine and Mandarin. I have some ideas, but I really need to sit down with Downey and the Marvel guys before we say much more." And when asked about the chances of Obadiah Stane returning (SPOILER ALERT) despite his apparent death at the end of the first film, Favreau quipped, "Stane's death? Do characters ever really die in Marvel? Isn't it like a soap opera?"

When asked about this report that claimed the Hulk might pop up in Iron Man 2 (just as Tony Stark did in The Incredible Hulk), Favreau replied, "There are no plans to do so

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

So I was reading on a comic message board that Jon Favreau thinks a 2010 release seems unrealistic. I'm slightly bummed to hear that.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by educatedlady View Post
    So I was reading on a comic message board that Jon Favreau thinks a 2010 release seems unrealistic. I'm slightly bummed to hear that.
    Downey was on the View awhile back & when they said it was slated to come out in 2010, then asked when they were going to start filming he laughed and said "Apparenly right now...I am going to leave here and go directly to filming".

It does seem soon considering Downey has a lot of stuff slated between now & then, including talks to play Hef in the Playboy movie. (I for one would LOVE to see that).

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

2010 will be near impossible to pull off unless Marvel plans on dropping everyone from the principal cast and crew and that's not going to happen. Of course, this is the same company that had Spidey make a deal with the devil, so who knows.

Mandarin and his 10 rings are very easy to deal with. All they have to do is make them tech instead of alien.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Favreau Inks Iron Man 2 Deal?
    Negotiations with Marvel successful.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, July 10, 2008 - The saga over whether Jon Favreau will direct Iron Man 2 has been rumbling on almost since the movie made a packet on its opening weekend.

Fans were in an uproar after word came out – fuelled by Favreau himself on his MySpace page – that Marvel may have been stalling over an improved deal for the director.

It seems now however, if Nikki Finkel at Deadline Hollywood Daily is to be believed, that the two camps have reached a deal for Favreau to helm the sequel, after Marvel offered him a "definitely" richer offer.

The movie's April 30, 2010 scheduled release date would still seem to be questionable, especially with Downey Jnr. signing up for Warner's Sherlock Holmes today, but Favreau's (almost) definite involvement removes the most nagging doubt over the future of the franchise.

Country
    Country Flag

Downey Jr. is gonna be Sherlock Holmes??? hilarious

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Sherlock Holmes?? I mean, I'm rooting for his comeback & everything---but that doesn't sound like the right role for him.

Then again, he would look pretty cool with a handlebar mustache and those funny hats Sherlock Holmes wore.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Iron Man 2 Scribe Announced
    Unexpected choice for superhero sequel.
    by Chris Tilly, IGN UK

UK, July 16, 2008 - The Iron Man juggernaut is picking up momentum, with a writer now in final negotiations to pen the big-budget sequel.

Justin Theroux, best known for his acting roles in Mulholland Dr. and Six Feet Under, has recently made the move into screenwriting with the forthcoming action comedy Tropic Thunder. And Paramount Pictures must be pleased with his efforts as, together with Marvel, they are prepared to hand Theroux the reigns on one of their biggest movie franchises.

According to Variety, Marvel is also close to tying up a deal for Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. to again direct and star respectively.

Iron Man 2 is set to hit screens worldwide on April 30, 2010, and rest assured we'll have more news on the sequel as and when it breaks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast