Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2376

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I hope this is the right place to post this but, I signed up for the new "Disney+" streaming service. I'm bopping around, checking out the content and I came across "The Inhumans". I only had time to watch the 1st episode and add it to my watch list, but what the hell? Cine-philes don't jump all over me, but what is up with the cinematography (?) for this series? The first chase sequence seemed like some kind of CGI/Animation over live action or straight CGI/Animation like has been done on some past Video game movies (Final Fantasy?). It wasn't bad like those were, but really pretty fucking cool!!!! Even after that initial sequence the rest of the episode still felt like it had some sort of "Enhanced Live action filming" (?). There was just that extra "something to it.

Any of you expert film guys have any idea what I'm trying to describe? Does the "process" or whatever have some proper name to it or am I just some crazy old fuck (probably very likely!! lol) who doesn't know what he's describing or talking about? Has anyone seen this show and know what I mean? Anyway, beside's all that I liked it and the show and will be giving it a shot for more episodes when I get a chance.

If anyone out there is familiar with this show, please chime in by all means!!!
    I watched some of it. It only got like half a season and was pretty terrible. I'm pretty sure it was universally trashed by critics and viewers. As far as the cinematography goes, I believe the first 2 episodes (or just first episode I can't remember) were shot and released in IMAX about a month before the show aired. I think the rest of the show was filmed normally. It was supposed to tie into the MCU and Agents of SHIELD, but the MCU ignored it (like they do all the TV shows) and Agents of SHIELD ignored it as well. It was honestly one of the worst comic book TV shows I've ever seen.
    Okay, I see. Thanks for the head's up as well. I only watched the first episode and was gonna give it a try. Now I won't bother. Any animated suggestions worth watching?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I hope this is the right place to post this but, I signed up for the new "Disney+" streaming service. I'm bopping around, checking out the content and I came across "The Inhumans". I only had time to watch the 1st episode and add it to my watch list, but what the hell? Cine-philes don't jump all over me, but what is up with the cinematography (?) for this series? The first chase sequence seemed like some kind of CGI/Animation over live action or straight CGI/Animation like has been done on some past Video game movies (Final Fantasy?). It wasn't bad like those were, but really pretty fucking cool!!!! Even after that initial sequence the rest of the episode still felt like it had some sort of "Enhanced Live action filming" (?). There was just that extra "something to it.

Any of you expert film guys have any idea what I'm trying to describe? Does the "process" or whatever have some proper name to it or am I just some crazy old fuck (probably very likely!! lol) who doesn't know what he's describing or talking about? Has anyone seen this show and know what I mean? Anyway, beside's all that I liked it and the show and will be giving it a shot for more episodes when I get a chance.

If anyone out there is familiar with this show, please chime in by all means!!!
    I watched some of it. It only got like half a season and was pretty terrible. I'm pretty sure it was universally trashed by critics and viewers. As far as the cinematography goes, I believe the first 2 episodes (or just first episode I can't remember) were shot and released in IMAX about a month before the show aired. I think the rest of the show was filmed normally. It was supposed to tie into the MCU and Agents of SHIELD, but the MCU ignored it (like they do all the TV shows) and Agents of SHIELD ignored it as well. It was honestly one of the worst comic book TV shows I've ever seen.
    Okay, I see. Thanks for the head's up as well. I only watched the first episode and was gonna give it a try. Now I won't bother. Any animated suggestions worth watching?
    Unfortunately I haven't seen many of the modern Marvel animated shows.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Marvel Rising is good and features Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), who will feature in the next phase of the MCU.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks good.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That trailer did absolutely nothing for me. I can't wait for Phase 5. Maybe it will have something to offer me. Looking like Endgame is the end of my time with the Marvel.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    That trailer did absolutely nothing for me. I can't wait for Phase 5. Maybe it will have something to offer me. Looking like Endgame is the end of my time with the Marvel.
    omf your negative about everything man (other than Negan. ) ! That did nothing at all for you? Come on.... it looks good.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    omf your negative about everything man (other than Negan. ) ! That did nothing at all for you? Come on.... it looks good.
    Actually, I think this is one of the few upcoming marvel movies I am looking forward to.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

This is certainly not Endgame-epic but looks exciting and cool! Cannot wait! IMAX 2D May 1st here I come!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*yawwwwwwwwwwwwn strettttttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Oh what's this? Another Mattrick "I'm done with Marvel" post? Ah snaps. Lemme go back to sleep.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pay no attention to him, Kris he thinks a slow motion film of a horse taking a dump is great cinema!!! lol

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If Negan's riding the horse, sure.

That said, he always explains why he likes or dislikes something, and that I can dig.

The trailer looks okay, I'll watch it at home in a couple years.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

My biggest problem here is that it's a prequel. Had they released this before Infinity War or Endgame I'd have a higher "hype level". As it stands, I think it looks good and I'll see it, but I can't say I'm excited for it.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My biggest problem here is that it's a prequel. Had they released this before Infinity War or Endgame I'd have a higher "hype level". As it stands, I think it looks good and I'll see it, but I can't say I'm excited for it.
    That's a big issue for me. Seems pointless and too late. It seems I'm supposed to care because it's Marvel. You can get away with a prequel to introduce a new character like Captain Marvel. Not one who has been in like 9 MCU films and gone.

This movie could end up being good, but I didn't find the trailer at all impressive or intriguing. And the action scene falling through the sky at the end was just the nail for me. That just ain't Black Widow for me. Looks forced over the top. And her family plotline? Why should I care now? 3-5 years ago sure. Seems utterly pointless now. The whole movie looks forced. And that's a shame. ScarJo deserved her own film way before this.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm positive about tons of stuff. I'm just not easily impressed by bad jokes and special effects. Considering we live in a period where we're getting John Wick films and Mad Max Fury Road, and the MCU is coming off an impressive 5 year run with some really good comic book films, this just looks uninspired and boring. The scene where she fights the girl and walks away after and says "sis" is such awful writing I almost shut the trailer off. So obvious and lame and that was engineered to pop me.

When an MCU film is worthy of praise, I give it to them. I ain't feeling this one or the entire Phase. Maybe the "first MCU horror film" with Doctor Strange will be good, but that's about it for me right now. I'm certainly not watching any of the TV shows, even Hawkeye who is the best even though they screwed the pooch on him in Endgame.

Country
    Country Flag

I think the point of this isn't so much that it's a prequel to Black Widow, it's setting up her sister Yelena, who will be the new Black Widow in the future. That's just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I think the point of this isn't so much that it's a prequel to Black Widow, it's setting up her sister Yelena, who will be the new Black Widow in the future. That's just my guess.
    I kinda like that even less. I don't really like when they do this stuff in the comics. We don't need a new Black Widow, Iron Man, or Captain America. Don't bring in new people to replace the old heroes, just let the old heroes be gone and the new people be their own thing.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I kinda like that even less. I don't really like when they do this stuff in the comics. We don't need a new Black Widow, Iron Man, or Captain America. Don't bring in new people to replace the old heroes, just let the old heroes be gone and the new people be their own thing.
    Yes, yes, yes to all this.

Except Batman. He gets a pass because he's the OG.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Yes, yes, yes to all this.

Except Batman. He gets a pass because he's the OG.
    Well I think recasting is fine. But I'm not really down for Dick Grayson Batman. So like with the hand off of Cap's shield to Sam. I say just let Sam be Falcon and Cap be gone. Sam doesn't need to be the new Cap. If you wanna keep Captain America around then maybe don't write him out of the story and just recast the actor. You had the perfect excuse with all the timeline nonsense going on to explain why he looks different.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, recasting is fine. Not every actor is available, interested etc. Batman gets a pass from me because other than a handful of people no one really knows his identity. I just finished The Dark Knight trilogy yesterday and Wayne even says (repeatedly) that the point of Batman is that Batman could be anyone and it's more about the symbol than who's behind the cowl.

That said, yes, I'm not a big fan of anyone other than Wayne as Batman. Grayson became a much more interesting character when he stopped being Batman.

Country
    Country Flag

The thing is that Yelena is not taking over Nat's Black Widow. She also is a Black Window. It's the Russian super spy program and they're both agents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...lena_Belova%29

The thing is that Yelena is not taking over Nat's Black Widow. She also is a Black Window. It's the Russian super spy program and they're both agents.

I get that, but the title just became more than that though. Nat wasn't just a "Black Widow" she was "Black Widow". I dunno we'll see I guess. It just doesn't excite me. Like I said though I'll still see it, I just kinda doubt I'll care about Yelena's character at all.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but they've seem to have fabricated a whole family dynamic which just screams of lazy writing to me. Laziest way to develop tension and earn character dynamics. It robs Yelena of any individuality. She will always just be Black Widows lil sis. It would be once thing if, like Nebula and Gamora, they had several films to develop as individuals and sisters.

If they'd taken the time to make Natashya more than a side character and developed the whole Russian side of things, which could've easily tied in with The Winter Soldier, they wouldn't have to resort to such laziness. This trailer just reminded me how ScarJo and her character were short-changed in the MCU and this is easy to little, too late for me. As a non-marvel fan, I can't be excited just because these comic characters are in the movie. I need a narrative reason to care beyond Black Widows kooky spy family.

With Florence Pugh I just see a weird Marvel tale on Fighting With My Family lol

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast