Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2379

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Did you watch the videos I posted here discussing the movie? Every panelist so far has enjoyed that scene. Amy Dahlen on Collider Heroes loved it. It made many people emotional, including myself. I've also just listened to the Slash FilmCast episode on Endgame and that was the first case (one of four on the podcast) to voice any kind of meh feeling about it. And now this Slate article. Overwhelmingly people had a blast seeing that shot. It was glorious. In my theater people cheered.
    You said Favorite scene. I am sure some liked it. But best scene in the movie? Come on!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I hated it and was pointless to the story. Ill say no more on the issue but is just my opinion and many others as well.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One thing I do agree with that Slate article is that it took Marvel a long time, but there's never a wrong time to do the right thing, so it's better late than never.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, no. Favorite scene? Lmao. There are like a dozen shots better in the final battle alone.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/04...the-women-soar
    Watching the women start to drop in one by one as they marched into the fray alongside Carol was one of the most emotional moments in the film for me. Never in a million years would I have thought that we would get such a scene. We’ve had our “she is not alone” drop-ins and some really solid friendships, but this was something more. Spider-Man and the boys handing off the gauntlet to Captain Marvel and her girls felt like a new chapter. It’s not five boys and one girl, with a bunch of tertiary characters thrown in anymore. The future of the MCU is female, and our favorite heroes - whose stories we’ve heard told over and over again - support that.

What might be my new favorite scene in cinema is only made slightly bitter by one clear absence. Natasha Romanoff, once the only female Avenger, helped pave the way (along with the likes of the incomparable Peggy Carter) for this new force of unstoppable, emotionally complex women. She deserved to be a part of that incredible scene, but was destined for a greater sacrifice.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.newsarama.com/44974-a-fo...cu-marvel.html
    For Feige’s part, he’s repeatedly stated the importance of women to the future of the MCU.

"I think we're getting to the point soon where we have so many great female characters that those are just our heroes as opposed to when are they all female, all male," Feige said in June, 2018. "It's just the Marvel heroes, more than half of which will be women."

Feige later stated he expects female-led superhero movies to eventually be "the norm" at Marvel Studios, and has more than once mentioned the women of Wakanda as good candidates for a group film.

As for A-Force (or an all-female team like it), Feige seems to be keen to the idea.

“It was a pretty amazing moment to be somewhere and have your shoulder get tapped and turn around every female hero we have is standing there going, ‘How about it?’” Feige said, referencing the moment when Brie Larson and Tessa Thompson brought the idea to him. “And I said, ‘Yes.’”

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I enjoyed very much. I will probably see it again but my question is this. Since Tony is gone, I guess we can assume the next Spiderman movie will take place before the first IW movie? All in all I enjoyed it. I am already anxious (but don't want to know) what's going to happen next.
    Was Tony featured in the New SM trailer? I always got the impression this was post IW.
    Maybe you are right. For some reason I thought I saw his name listed on the IMDB page but I guess I was mistaken. My bad.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Another question I have is, did Cap shove the Aether back into Jane ? How did that work and also several of the instances they chose to go to get the stones were not as advantageous as others. Nebula didn't need to damage her hand, they could have just waited when they were all together as the Guardians WITH the Power Stone already instead of stealing it before Quill does (I'm guessing this negates a great deal of the GotG franchise and part 3 is going to be weird as hell). Also, since Vision is seemingly gone, where did Cap put the Mind Stone and the Heart Stone for that matter. The only ones with real Homes are the Time Stone and the Soul Stone. The Collector is gone and so are the vaults of Asgard and no S.H.I.E.L.D. or Hydra shenanigans so where did the stones go exactly? It's like well it's been three hours people let's just say he disappears and a second later all is well I guess....
    He went back in time to place the stones. So they would've put everything back from where they were taken in time. Loki's scepter back to the Hydra / SHIELD guys, the tesseract back to the facility in the 70s, Aether back into Jane, the Power Stone back to the planet from the beginning of Gaurdians 1, and the soul stone back to the cliff with Red Skull. Everything has to be back where it was so time can be set back to normal and Thanos can eventually collect them, do the snap, and then destroy them.

It's a bit wonky really and almost certainly created some branching timelines.

Something I didn't think about though, Cap almost certainly ran into Red Skull when returning the soul stone. I really wonder what that encounter was like.

Country
    Country Flag

I believe that Far From Home will take place after Endgame and will be the official end of Phase 3. Marvel should announce their slate for the next five years or so after that, I would hope. That would mean Phase 4 begins next year with whatever is their next film.

Also, a huge moment that’s easily overlooked in Endgame is the appearance of the first explicitly queer character in the MCU. I’m sure we’ll see more of that going forward!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Another question I have is, did Cap shove the Aether back into Jane ? How did that work and also several of the instances they chose to go to get the stones were not as advantageous as others. Nebula didn't need to damage her hand, they could have just waited when they were all together as the Guardians WITH the Power Stone already instead of stealing it before Quill does (I'm guessing this negates a great deal of the GotG franchise and part 3 is going to be weird as hell). Also, since Vision is seemingly gone, where did Cap put the Mind Stone and the Heart Stone for that matter. The only ones with real Homes are the Time Stone and the Soul Stone. The Collector is gone and so are the vaults of Asgard and no S.H.I.E.L.D. or Hydra shenanigans so where did the stones go exactly? It's like well it's been three hours people let's just say he disappears and a second later all is well I guess....
    He went back in time to place the stones. So they would've put everything back from where they were taken in time. Loki's scepter back to the Hydra / SHIELD guys, the tesseract back to the facility in the 70s, Aether back into Jane, the Power Stone back to the planet from the beginning of Gaurdians 1, and the soul stone back to the cliff with Red Skull. Everything has to be back where it was so time can be set back to normal and Thanos can eventually collect them, do the snap, and then destroy them.

But the Thanos that collected the stones is gone now because he came from the past and went into the future and never got the chance to go back.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

But the Thanos that collected the stones is gone now because he came from the past and went into the future and never got the chance to go back.
    Yea thus the branching timeline things. So there's at least 2 distinct timelines now. One where Thanos does his snap and they fix it and one where Thanos jumps to the other timeline and get's himself snapped and never does the stuff he was planning. I'll be interested to see if they address that in the movies going forward.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so here are some interesting thoughts and perspectives to chew on and so forth............................................. ...............

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Okay, so here are some interesting thoughts and perspectives to chew on and so forth............................................. ...............

It's an interesting take, and while I agree that time travel was kinda a cop out way to do it, I don't think I like his overall take. I think the way they did the time travel served the overall 22 movie story / narrative they were telling pretty well. As long as they address the fact that Cap not coming back screwed things up later down the line.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I believe that Far From Home will take place after Endgame and will be the official end of Phase 3. Marvel should announce their slate for the next five years or so after that, I would hope. That would mean Phase 4 begins next year with whatever is their next film.

Also, a huge moment that’s easily overlooked in Endgame is the appearance of the first explicitly queer character in the MCU. I’m sure we’ll see more of that going forward!
    Who was that?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Who was that?
    He was in the group therapy session headed by Cap towards the beginning discussing his tear-filled date.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Who was that?
    He was in the group therapy session headed by Cap towards the beginning discussing his tear-filled date.
    Oh yeah. I thought he was referring to an “avenger”. That was one of the Russo bros right?

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Endgame is one of the first time I chocked up at a movie in awe (joy, amazement and tears) the last time I came close was watching Leger’s Joker. Endgame is amazing. The crowd went wild ON MANY occasions. How Marvel could ever top this is beyond me. 15/10.
    This movie is the Star Wars of this generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. End Game is on top of my happiest and most joyfull movie/geek moments ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Before watching Endgame, I'm going back to watch all the MCU films I haven't seen. I've seen none of phase 3, and missed quite a few from earlier phases.

Tonight it was Thor. Fun flick. Chris Hemsworth was great.

I also rewatched The Avengers with a group of friends.

HBJ
    Wait till you see Endgame - Hemsworth is a real scene stealer!
    Soooo true.

Country
    Country Flag

It was. He was talking about going on a date with a random guy and how they both cried. Not anyone we know and it's not a character that will ever appear in another movie, but it's a nice hint of representation, and for that to be explicit in a film that made 1.2 billion opening weekend, with over 300 million of that in China, where LGBTQ laws aren't exactly rainbow-filled, is so good.

Country
    Country Flag

Also, just to get back to this topic for a moment, when people say that that all-female shot was pandering, they have to realize the significance of that splash-page shot in context of these superhero movies mainly pandering in the first place to the male half of the movie-going population. Before Wonder Woman came out, there was always talk of, oh well a big-budget superhero movie is very risky if it's lead by a female character, while we've had three Iron Man movies and three Thor movies, and a billion Spider-Man movies, and oodles of Batman and Superman movies. Now that we've had Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel prove that wrong, and the MCU clearly going for more diversity with Phase 4, this shot was sure, a form of pandering, but it's not a bad thing. It was a preview. If you say it was a bad or cheesy thing and Cap wielding Mjolnir wasn't, then that just smells of hypocrisy.

Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, Tommy, Bucky and Cap won't be a thing in this universe, even though like 1% of me thought they were gonna kiss during that scene where they bro-hug.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Sadly, Tommy, Bucky and Cap won't be a thing in this universe, even though like 1% of me thought they were gonna kiss during that scene where they bro-hug.
    More of a Thor guy myself but Cap is more than welcome to come along...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm all for equality obviously but Cap and Bucky being a thing would have been stupid. The love of Cap's life is and always will be Peggy.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that we've had Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel prove that wrong, and the MCU clearly going for more diversity with Phase 4, this shot was sure, a form of pandering, but it's not a bad thing. It was a preview. If you say it was a bad or cheesy thing and Cap wielding Mjolnir wasn't, then that just smells of hypocrisy.
    What? No, my bad but that's dumb. The seeds were sewn for Cap to wield Mjolnir since way back in Age of Ultron when he made the Hammer budge. This was a natural pay off to that moment, it was earned. And logistically it made sense since Mjolnir landed right next to him after Thanos smacks Thor.

Nowhere near the same thing.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that we've had Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel prove that wrong, and the MCU clearly going for more diversity with Phase 4, this shot was sure, a form of pandering, but it's not a bad thing. It was a preview. If you say it was a bad or cheesy thing and Cap wielding Mjolnir wasn't, then that just smells of hypocrisy.
    What? No, my bad but that's dumb. The seeds were sewn for Cap to wield Mjolnir since way back in Age of Ultron when he made the Hammer budge. This was a natural pay off to that moment, it was earned. And logistically it made sense since Mjolnir landed right next to him after Thanos smacks Thor.

You buying the theory that the reason he couldn’t lift it in Ultron was bc he was hiding that Winter Soldier secret from Stark, and thus, not worthy until he cleared his conscience??

Also, I would add that there was a 2nd “diversity” character in Endgame. I know nothing of his orientation but Peggy name dropped Braddock when Steve saw her in 1970. And we all know Captain Britain is straight up gay

While I agree that they aren't the same thing I personally think both moments were cheesy, but this is the MCU it's about 30% cheesy and that's kinda the point. I think both of those scenes worked, they just worked in different ways. I mean I don't know about anyone else, but my audience cheered equally loud for both of those moments.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    You buying the theory that the reason he couldn’t lift it in Ultron was bc he was hiding that Winter Soldier secret from Stark, and thus, not worthy until he cleared his conscience??
    Hmm, I never stopped to think about it too much but yes that's certainly plausible. Cap becomes a very different man from AoU to Endgame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast