Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 96 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only confusing thing is the teal in Captain Marvel's costume. What gives?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    You know theres a lot of stuff in that clip I have no interest in. I fear that the MCU and superhero movies in general are starting to become diluted.
    You say that with perhaps the greatest and most profitable Marvel film, Infinity Wars a week a way?
    Oh, I am very excited about that. Thanos was one of my favorite villians along with Galactus, green goblin and Dr. Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I dunno that diluted is the correct term. I think they are trying for a more broad approach. Instead of blowing it out of the water with huge budget movies every year. They are going for smaller budgets that don't have to preform as well to be successful, trying to snag a wider audience. It's certainly what Fox and Sony are attempting to do with the X-Men spin offs for Fox and the Spider-man spin offs for Sony.
    I was never a fan of mutants when collecting. I always found it as a cop out way to create another super hero/villian. I do like most of the X-men films, but not interested in any of the spin-offs. I watched the Wolverine spin-offs and they were very "meh". Deadpool is probably the only Marvel movie I haven't seen so far***).

I am not a fan of the new incarnation of Spider-Man either. He was one of my favorite heores when I collected. The whole iron-man spider suit was a big turn-off for me. I had other issues with it but wont go into it.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    It's funny exactly how much the MCU is starting to follow the structure of the comic book medium. A few "intimate" solo stories leading up to a big cross over event.

Probably being biased, but don't think I could ever get tired of CMB, provided each is just different enough from the last. At this point it's almost a genre unto itself. Would you say you're tired of Horror movies because they've existed since the dawn of cinema? Course not.
    I would not equate these to the whole horror genre, this is very much a sub-genre of the action adventure, and they are all related, many closely, some only slightly. It would be more like if the Alien/Predetor franchises came out with 20 movies in a 5 year span.

So lets go through the movies listed in the clip:

1: Ant-man and the Wasp -- looking forward to
    2: Captain Marvel -- wouldn't miss it if it was canceled, but intriguied, more or a c or d list hero in my book
    3: Avengers 4: -- very much looking forward to
    4: Spider-Man Sequel: -- on one hand geting sick of spider-man movies, but could be good if it was more stand-alone
    5: Guardians of the Galaxy 3 -- Looking forward to
    6: Ant-man 3 -- too early to tell, 2 might be enough
    7: Black-Widow -- looking forward to, hope it is more espionage based, maybe include Hawkeye
    8: Doctor Doom -- not really a fan of movies based on the villian. Will it involve the F4? Spider-Man? Can't get into this unless it involves one of his classic adversaries. Both iterations of Dr. Dooms in the previous F4 francies was horrible
    9: Silver and Black -- No thank you. I collected Silver-Sable, but then I realized I was collecting for the wrong reason, and was probably a contributing factor in my decision to quit collecting
    10: Laura -- It could work, but not really interested, a spin-off of a spin-off
    11: X-Men - Dark Phoenix -- not a fan of Mutants, but still interested in this one
    12: Multiple Man -- who? isn't he a villian? no thank you, no chance of me watching this one
    13: Gambit -- no thank you, YAM (yet another mutant)
    14: Venom -- see doctor doom
    15: Spider-man into the spiderverse -- no thank you
    16: New-Mutants -- A horror movie? YAMG (yet another mutant group) No thank you
    17: Deadpool 2 -- YAM, no thank you
    18: X-Force -- YAMG, no thank you

Ok, so it looks like I am still interested in most of the MCU movies, but not so much in the FOX/Sony franchises.

Not mentioned in this clip, but a saw mention in another clip:

19 Kraven the Hunter -- See Dr. Doom, Venom, Multiple Man

In general I quite collecting because there was so much bloat/dilution. For years I was collecting 10-15 (new) comic titles a month, then over the space of a few years it quickly bloomed upto 40 or so. The writing and art certainly suffered and I felt they just wanted to pump out as many Issue #1's as they could. Also the crossovers were getting ridiculous.

(other factors was the obvious switch to featuring the art over story, way too many splash pages per comic, I also found I was getting some comics because the chics were hot with skin tight costumes)

*** (ok, haven't watched Howard the Duck or the '44 or '90 versions of Captain America either)

Sorry for the long post, but just fear that the movies are making the same mistakes that burned me out of comics.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Interestinly while I was finishing up the above post, I was watching an episode of "The Walking Dead" on my DVR (S8E15), and they had a trailer for Infinity War that I had never seen before. Lots of new stuff I hadn't seen in other trailers (lot of Wakanda content).

I found the TV Spot online at this site:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/...at-we-learned/
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://share.insider.thomsonreuters...yId=0_2uczgree
    Saudi Arabia launches its first commercial movie theater, ending a 35-year ban on cinemas under a push by the crown prince to modernize the deeply conservative Muslim kingdom

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I dunno that diluted is the correct term. I think they are trying for a more broad approach. Instead of blowing it out of the water with huge budget movies every year. They are going for smaller budgets that don't have to preform as well to be successful, trying to snag a wider audience. It's certainly what Fox and Sony are attempting to do with the X-Men spin offs for Fox and the Spider-man spin offs for Sony.
    I was never a fan of mutants when collecting. I always found it as a cop out way to create another super hero/villian. I do like most of the X-men films, but not interested in any of the spin-offs. I watched the Wolverine spin-offs and they were very "meh". Deadpool is probably the only Marvel movie I haven't seen so far***).

I am not a fan of the new incarnation of Spider-Man either. He was one of my favorite heores when I collected. The whole iron-man spider suit was a big turn-off for me. I had other issues with it but wont go into it.
    Right but that's kinda the point I was making though. They aren't trying for broad appeal (with all of the movies, with some they are). They don't expect everyone to watch every movie.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea they're pretty much big action set pieces. I can't say I love all of them, but generally I have a good time watching them, even the bad ones.
    Mostly agree with that, the only one I can think of that didn't enjoy and regret wasting my money on was the 2015 FF. My god, that tied for the worst movie I have seen in the theater with Batman and Robin.

Right but that's kinda the point I was making though. They aren't trying for broad appeal (with all of the movies, with some they are). They don't expect everyone to watch every movie.
    Understood. But the fact that we have gotten to the point that there are so many super-hero movies that they are willing to settle for a subset of the super-hero fan-base is what makes me feel like it is getting diluted. Maybe that's not quite the word I am looking for, perhaps over-saturated?
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Got my ticket for Infinity War in 2D IMAX opening night, going all by my lonesome self Trying to organize a team outing with peeps at work but everyone is dragging their feet... Had to do the hard thing and just go by myself.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Yea they're pretty much big action set pieces. I can't say I love all of them, but generally I have a good time watching them, even the bad ones.
    Mostly agree with that, the only one I can think of that didn't enjoy and regret wasting my money on was the 2015 FF. My god, that tied for the worst movie I have seen in the theater with Batman and Robin.

Understood. But the fact that we have gotten to the point that there are so many super-hero movies that they are willing to settle for a subset of the super-hero fan-base is what makes me feel like it is getting diluted. Maybe that's not quite the word I am looking for, perhaps over-saturated?
    2015 FF was definitely bad. Though I still think I had more fun with that movie (probably because it was soo bad) than I did with 2006's Superman Returns. That movie was dreadfully mediocre, which is maybe the worst thing a movie can be. At least bad is memorable.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOT good... a very close friend of mine seen Avengers last night at a private screening. When I asked him to explain it in one word... "Bloated" was the word he used. I didn't ask for more info... he isn't really allowed BUT I could tell in his voice he was seriously let down. I HOPE HE IS WRONG.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Of course it's bloated, it's got what, 70 named characters and a runtime of 2 and a half hours? That's about two minutes per characters. That's to be expected.

I'm not really surprised. Age of Ultron felt that way. It's really all about expectations, and like a lot of things, I think if you build it up too much going in you're not gonna be happy no matter the result. Personally I'll just be happy as long as it's better than Ultron, as that movie was kinda a let down for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

So, apparently some people say Infinity War is pretty good, or something:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/twitter...world-premiere

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, apparently some people say Infinity War is pretty good, or something:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/twitter...world-premiere

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like World Premiere audiences are extremely susceptible to hype. Didn't they also say Justice League was mind blowing?

I mean I have no doubt the movie is going to be great, but I'll wait a little for more grounded reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I feel like World Premiere audiences are extremely susceptible to hype. Didn't they also say Justice League was mind blowing?

I mean I have no doubt the movie is going to be great, but I'll wait a little for more grounded reviews.
    Personally I tend to avoid reviews for things I'm interested in seeing until after I've watched it. I don't like to go in with someone else's opinion in my head. The only time I won't is if it's something I'm on the fence about, and I'm rarely on the fence about one of these big budget super hero movies.

Country
    Country Flag

Venom and Carnage:

Technically, this is set in the Sony Spider-Man universe, and they're saying no Spider-Man (for now), but if the same Spider-Man shows up, even as a cameo, it's officially part of the MCU in my opinion.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Venom and Carnage:

Technically, this is set in the Sony Spider-Man universe, and they're saying no Spider-Man (for now), but if the same Spider-Man shows up, even as a cameo, it's officially part of the MCU in my opinion.
    Where did you see carnage in that? By the way I love how Venom looks and sounds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't but he's supposed to be in the movie, apparently. But yeah, love the look and the voice.

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't but he's supposed to be in the movie, apparently. But yeah, love the look and the voice.
    Spider-Man... I’m saying it now. Will be in this movie somehow and someway. And as for Carnage he will be like how the Joker was displayed at the end of Batman Begins. I doubt you will even see him. The story line of this movie follows a really cool comic story line from what I have read where many get infected with the symboite. Above all else I am most looking forward to this for 2018. My race suit when I raced superbike was done to look like Venom. I’m a huge fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Deadpool.......................................... .................

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Wrong universe. Awesome poster.

Country
    Country Flag

36 hours out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 96 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast