Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
I hope this is the right place to post this but, I signed up for the new "Disney+" streaming service. I'm bopping around, checking out the content and I came across "The Inhumans". I only had time to watch the 1st episode and add it to my watch list, but what the hell? Cine-philes don't jump all over me, but what is up with the cinematography (?) for this series? The first chase sequence seemed like some kind of CGI/Animation over live action or straight CGI/Animation like has been done on some past Video game movies (Final Fantasy?). It wasn't bad like those were, but really pretty fucking cool!!!! Even after that initial sequence the rest of the episode still felt like it had some sort of "Enhanced Live action filming" (?). There was just that extra "something to it.

Any of you expert film guys have any idea what I'm trying to describe? Does the "process" or whatever have some proper name to it or am I just some crazy old fuck (probably very likely!! lol) who doesn't know what he's describing or talking about? Has anyone seen this show and know what I mean? Anyway, beside's all that I liked it and the show and will be giving it a shot for more episodes when I get a chance.

If anyone out there is familiar with this show, please chime in by all means!!!
I watched some of it. It only got like half a season and was pretty terrible. I'm pretty sure it was universally trashed by critics and viewers. As far as the cinematography goes, I believe the first 2 episodes (or just first episode I can't remember) were shot and released in IMAX about a month before the show aired. I think the rest of the show was filmed normally. It was supposed to tie into the MCU and Agents of SHIELD, but the MCU ignored it (like they do all the TV shows) and Agents of SHIELD ignored it as well. It was honestly one of the worst comic book TV shows I've ever seen.
Okay, I see. Thanks for the head's up as well. I only watched the first episode and was gonna give it a try. Now I won't bother. Any animated suggestions worth watching?