Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2378

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    This is no surprise to me. I'm glad they figured it out so soon. Hopefully it was soon enough they won't have to delay anything they were originally planning on doing.
    The worst part is I feel this is a "wrap up" deal Dan. I do not think we will get another 5+ films in the MCU with him and for me he is the highlight for sure. SO happy as I am... I wanna see the terms of the deal. lol
    It may be that allowing him to be present in the Sony-only villains movies was the door-opener to ongoing MCU involvement as well. That would be a smart move on Sony’s part.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This is no surprise to me. I'm glad they figured it out so soon. Hopefully it was soon enough they won't have to delay anything they were originally planning on doing.
    The worst part is I feel this is a "wrap up" deal Dan. I do not think we will get another 5+ films in the MCU with him and for me he is the highlight for sure. SO happy as I am... I wanna see the terms of the deal. lol
    It may be that allowing him to be present in the Sony-only villains movies was the door-opener to ongoing MCU involvement as well. That would be a smart move on Sony’s part.
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://deadline.com/2019/09/sony-wa...cs-1202746497/
    “I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” Feige said in a statement Friday. “Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

We hear that as Sony progresses their own Marvel universe with titles likes Venom 2 and Sinister Six, and Disney/Marvel their own, there could be a “call and answer” between the two franchises as they acknowledge details between the two in what is would loosely be described as a shared detailed universe. Details on that are still early.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://deadline.com/2019/09/sony-wa...cs-1202746497/
    “I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” Feige said in a statement Friday. “Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

We hear that as Sony progresses their own Marvel universe with titles likes Venom 2 and Sinister Six, and Disney/Marvel their own, there could be a “call and answer” between the two franchises as they acknowledge details between the two in what is would loosely be described as a shared detailed universe. Details on that are still early.
    Wow.
    Do you take this to mean they will loosely share universes? BUT Sidperman will be in both?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I wanna say yes but I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised. What's the point of having Venom, Sinister Six, Morbius, and others, if they don't eventually face Spider-Man?

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Just give me a Superior Foes movie and I'll be happy.

Though tbh, I'd prefer if the same people who did Into The Spider-Verse were the ones to handle it, not the Marvel folks...
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I would take “loosely shared” to mean the same Spidey shows up in both, but will be strangely silent about the events and characters of the other universe.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

I would take “loosely shared” to mean the same Spidey shows up in both, but will be strangely silent about the events and characters of the other universe.
    I tend to agree with this... I do but I can see 'loose' mentions of big events. Much like in Aquaman where they did that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Spidey will most assuredly be in both franchises. MCU for the Avengers-level threats, and Sony for more 'intimate' villain stories.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Spidey will most assuredly be in both franchises. MCU for the Avengers-level threats, and Sony for more 'intimate' villain stories.
    This seems about right, Ferny. Looking forward to more Spidey in the near future.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So I finally got to watch Far From Home last week. Last night a thought occurred to me regarding the end-credits scene.

Spoilers for anyone that hasn't seen it:

Spoiler:
    So Mysterio publicly outed Peter Parker as Spider-Man. That got me to thinking about the original Iron Man movie where Tony basically had a press conference and announced that he was Iron Man. Then I started thinking about all the other Avengers. Do any of them really have a secret identity anymore? Is there a single Avenger anymore who the world doesn't know who they are in real life?

Captain America (he did PSAs for high schools and I'm pretty sure he's been seen without his mask on before), Hulk (he sits in coffee shops, signs autographs and takes selfies with fans), Dr. Strange (doesn't wear a mask, literally uses his real name), Thor (same), Black Widow (no mask), Scarlet Witch (no mask), Captain Marvel (no mask) Black Panther (wears a mask but has been seen publicly without it), Hawkeye (no mask), the list goes on and on...

I know the lore of Spiderman has always been that only a few people know his real identity but is it really that big of a deal at this point in the MCU? The only one that I can think of that may still have his identity as secret is Ant-Man. I'd have to watch the movies again to see for sure.

Although I do realize that we are talking about comic book stories where a guy can literally use a pair of glasses as a disguise **coughSupermancough**
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Surprised I haven't seen mention of this here yet (maybe in another thread?):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-inf...?skuId=6384410

I really wished they would have announced this a few months ago. I literally just finished upgrading all my MCU movies to 4K (just got shipping notice for Dr. Strange from amazon about 10minutes ago).

Needless to say, won't drop another $550 for a nice box and one more extra disc of extras.

Wonder if there will be a black friday special for this? Looks like this is exclusive to Best buy? Wonder if there will be a non-collectors edition released.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The set itself is cool, but too expensive for something that's all going to be on Disney+ anyway.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Someone should send Martin Scorsese that for Christmas this year.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think the Spider-Man movies will be on Disney+.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll just pick up the few MCU movies I liked enough to own for cheap on DVD. If I find The Winter Soldier, Infinity War, and Guardians 2 I'll be happy enough.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

I’m slowly making my way in order through the MCU movies in order, watching the ones I’ve missed and rewatching the ones I have.

Yesterday was Thor: The Dark World, and it was okay. It looked gorgeous, and while Natalie Portman was a bit of a flatline acting-wise, her relationship with Thor worked well enough. Hiddleston was great as Loki, as usual. The film was both fun and exciting, but some moments of humor created problems with tone. The biggest problems with the movie were the plot - we didn’t understand what the villain wanted until far too late, we didn’t understand what the threat of the Aether was, and the whole thing with the gravity sensors at the end wasn’t set up at all. So much of the film had little suspense, because we didn’t know the stakes, and the action scenes at the end, while fun, seemed to be a bit random and nonsensical.

2.5/5. Maybe 3.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I’m slowly making my way in order through the MCU movies in order, watching the ones I’ve missed and rewatching the ones I have.

Yesterday was Thor: The Dark World, and it was okay. It looked gorgeous, and while Natalie Portman was a bit of a flatline acting-wise, her relationship with Thor worked well enough. Hiddleston was great as Loki, as usual. The film was both fun and exciting, but some moments of humor created problems with tone. The biggest problems with the movie were the plot - we didn’t understand what the villain wanted until far too late, we didn’t understand what the threat of the Aether was, and the whole thing with the gravity sensors at the end wasn’t set up at all. So much of the film had little suspense, because we didn’t know the stakes, and the action scenes at the end, while fun, seemed to be a bit random and nonsensical.

2.5/5. Maybe 3.

HBJ
    One of the worst ones IMO. However, Thor:Ragnarok is one of my favorites. I've seen that one many times.

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Needless to say, won't drop another $550 for a nice box and one more extra disc of extras.
    $550 seems awfully steep. That's over $20 per movie. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy them separately?

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

$550 seems awfully steep. That's over $20 per movie. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy them separately?

HBJ
    It is actually cheaper. The 4k Blu Ray's run about $29 a disc. So assuming you don't own the 4k discs, and you are gonna buy them all anyways, then it looks like you'd be saving about $6 a disc.

HBJ
    It is actually cheaper. The 4k Blu Ray's run about $29 a disc. So assuming you don't own the 4k discs, and you are gonna buy them all anyways, then it looks like you'd be saving about $6 a disc.
    Oh, cool. Then I’m tempted. Might wait for Thanksgiving on the off chance there’s a sale.

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I also wouldn't be surprised if they release a regular Blu Ray (non collectors edition) box set at some point as well. Probably still be really expensive though.

Country
    Country Flag

Did the re-watch of Winter Soldier. Sorry it’s good... but still not in my top 3. Top 5? Maybe 5..... maybe.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast