Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2379

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Before watching Endgame, I'm going back to watch all the MCU films I haven't seen. I've seen none of phase 3, and missed quite a few from earlier phases.

Tonight it was Thor. Fun flick. Chris Hemsworth was great.

I also rewatched The Avengers with a group of friends.

HBJ
    Wait till you see Endgame - Hemsworth is a real scene stealer!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Just got tickets again for Sunday.
    I'm seeing it again Wednesday on the biggest screen in my area, which measures about the size of the legendary Green Monster at Fenway Park in Boston. 90+ speakers as well. Can't wait!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Ah, so there was a purpose to that scene.
    If they are indeed setting up A-Force, which would be only awesome. But even on its own it was a very moving "splash page" scene.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...llion-globally
    Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame has officially posted the biggest opening of all time, debuting to a record-shattering global haul of $1.2 billion, making it the first movie to gross $1 billion in its opening weekend. The film crossed the $1 billion threshold in just five days, breaking the eleven day record set by Infinity War .

“Kevin Feige and the Marvel Studios team have continued to challenge notions of what is possible at the movie theatre both in terms of storytelling and at the box office,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “Though ‘Endgame’ is far from an end for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, these first 22 films constitute a sprawling achievement, and this weekend’s monumental success is a testament to the world they’ve envisioned, the talent involved, and their collective passion, matched by the irrepressible enthusiasm of fans around the world.”

“From the very beginning with ‘Iron Man,’ all we’ve wanted to do was tell stories that brought these characters to life onscreen the way we’ve experienced them as fans of the comics,” said Kevin Feige, President, Marvel Studios. “That we’ve had so many other successes in this journey leading to this unbelievable result with ‘Avengers: Endgame’ has been almost entirely due to the fans around the world who have supported us through it all. Our directors, Anthony and Joe Russo, and our writers, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, really brought this story home, and I am also incredibly thankful for our cast and filmmakers from across the MCU and all who’ve worked so hard to make these films the best they can be, including the amazing teams at Marvel Studios and Disney. And of course, without Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, none of this would have been possible.”

Said directors Anthony and Joe Russo, “We poured our heart and soul into ‘Avengers: Endgame,’ hoping to tell a story that would inspire audiences around the world. Our family of cast and crew felt honored to be entrusted with bringing the Infinity Saga to a close. To Kevin Feige, everyone at Disney and Marvel, and the incredible, global community of fans – thank you.”

Domestically the film brought in $350 million, breaking Infinity War‘s previous record of $257 million. Internationally the film debuted to the tune of $859 million, with $330.5 million of that coming from China alone.

Seven years ago, Marvel’s The Avengers became the first movie to ever debut to $200 million at the domestic box office and now Endgame has become the first ever $300 million debut in US box office history. The film kicked off with a record $60 million in Thursday previews contributing to a record first-day gross of $156.7 million. A record estimated Saturday of $109 million and a record estimated Sunday of $84.3 million bring the estimated debut to $350 million across three days from an all-time industry high 4,662 theaters.

Avengers: Endgame marks the 8th Marvel Studios movie to cross $1 billion, and the second this year after Captain Marvel. The film has already out grossed fourteen of the MCU’s other 21 movies in its opening weekend and has resulted in the biggest industry opening weekend of all time across all regions and in 44 markets. The film also had the biggest IMAX global debut of all-time with $91.5 million. Marvel Studios now holds the two biggest global openings of all time with Avengers: Endgame and Avengers: Infinity War.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Ehh Falcon being Cap didn't work in the comics, I'm not sure it'll work in the movies either. I like what they did with Cap, but at the same time I feel like he maybe just messed up the timeline he was supposed to be fixing.
    Yeah I'm not too crazy about it either. Rogers was genetically engineered to be the pinnacle of human evolution. Sam is just some dude that's good at flying. As long as we all understand that Sam will never be what CA was, we should be fine.

I'm assuming the Black Widow movie is going to be a "prequel".
    What if the Russos used the announcement of a Black Widow as a red herring and they never meant to do one in the first place?

What they did with Tony and Cap is a good way to close it out. This whole arc was really about Cap and Tony, so to end it with both of them being out of the picture going forward makes sense.
    Agreed. Loved that Tony was ultimately the one to take one for the team, and Cap learning from Tony to 'live a little'.
    Per the Cap thing, I just don't see why comics feel the need to have someone fill his role. Just let Sam be Falcon and move on.

Per Black Window, no I think that's happening, there have been major casting announcements for the movie of the past couple of months. It's been rumored for years and it seem that their plan now is to branch out and do some different stuff. I think a Black Window spy movie is different enough that it works with what they're doing.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Saw it last night. Amazing in every way. I agree with Kris. It's about a 15/10. I am so impressed/amazed with how it all came together. Mind boggling writing. The writers have a speaking engagement coming up in Boston that I might try to get tickets for. I am still processing so much of it.

One cameo that was missing that really pissed me off was Agent Coulson not being in the 1970s - the dude deserved it, but the addition of Jarvis from Agent Carter was a good trade off.

The ladies roundup to help Captain Marvel did not bother me one bit. My wife and daughters loved it, and that alone makes is worth it. There were so many cheesy moments as the filmmakers look to satisfy so many different patrons. People gotta lighten up. This is genre entertainment!

Looking to the future, I can't wait for Thor in Guardians of the Galaxy III - Hemsworth is a real comedian. My biggest prediction, however, is that we have not seen the last of Chris Evans as Captain America - I foresee a Captain America & Agent Carter film being announced in a year or so. A good old cold war era standalone would be awesome!
    Per Coulson not being in the 1970s I don't think that would've made much sense. He'd have been too young. Captain Marvel was set in the 90s and Coulson was a "rookie agent" in that movie. So he certainly wouldn't have worked at shield yet. I doubt Fury was with shield yet.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ehh Falcon being Cap didn't work in the comics, I'm not sure it'll work in the movies either. I like what they did with Cap, but at the same time I feel like he maybe just messed up the timeline he was supposed to be fixing.
    Yeah I'm not too crazy about it either. Rogers was genetically engineered to be the pinnacle of human evolution. Sam is just some dude that's good at flying. As long as we all understand that Sam will never be what CA was, we should be fine.

What if the Russos used the announcement of a Black Widow as a red herring and they never meant to do one in the first place?

What they did with Tony and Cap is a good way to close it out. This whole arc was really about Cap and Tony, so to end it with both of them being out of the picture going forward makes sense.
    Agreed. Loved that Tony was ultimately the one to take one for the team, and Cap learning from Tony to 'live a little'.
    Per the Cap thing, I just don't see why comics feel the need to have someone fill his role. Just let Sam be Falcon and move on.

Per Black Window, no I think that's happening, there have been major casting announcements for the movie of the past couple of months. It's been rumored for years and it seem that their plan now is to branch out and do some different stuff. I think a Black Window spy movie is different enough that it works with what they're doing.
    I agree... No need to "pass the torch". Black Window must be a prequel eh?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I agree... No need to "pass the torch". Black Window must be a prequel eh?
    Yep, or they're gonna bring her back in another movie, but Captain Marvel show's that Prequels aren't out of the question, so I'd lean towards that.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Cap has to return the stones, what does he get back for returning the Soul Stone, if anything?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Cap has to return the stones, what does he get back for returning the Soul Stone, if anything?
    Good question, IGN says nothing:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Wish we could have seen the exchange between him and Red Skull as he's returning the Soul Stone.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Another question I have is, did Cap shove the Aether back into Jane ? How did that work and also several of the instances they chose to go to get the stones were not as advantageous as others. Nebula didn't need to damage her hand, they could have just waited when they were all together as the Guardians WITH the Power Stone already instead of stealing it before Quill does (I'm guessing this negates a great deal of the GotG franchise and part 3 is going to be weird as hell). Also, since Vision is seemingly gone, where did Cap put the Mind Stone and the Heart Stone for that matter. The only ones with real Homes are the Time Stone and the Soul Stone. The Collector is gone and so are the vaults of Asgard and no S.H.I.E.L.D. or Hydra shenanigans so where did the stones go exactly? It's like well it's been three hours people let's just say he disappears and a second later all is well I guess....

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

As someone who has a superhero loving daughter and is ALL about 'girl power" ... that scene wasn't to "appease the ladies" ...

It was to appease the current generation of PC fucktards. Get it right, people! Lol

It didn't make sense. They were all over the place individually, yet, without a "All female characters to checkppint Alpha!" dialogue (which would have made no sense), they all showed up at the same area at the same time? Fuck that.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    As someone who has a superhero loving daughter and is ALL about 'girl power" ... that scene wasn't to "appease the ladies" ...

It was to appease the current generation of PC fucktards. Get it right, people! Lol

It didn't make sense. They were all over the place individually, yet, without a "All female characters to checkppint Alpha!" dialogue (which would have made no sense), they all showed up at the same area at the same time? Fuck that.
    Seems like it was seen as too little, too late.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/04/av...ack-widow.html
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Agreed. As I said.. shoe horned in and totally an eye roll. It was a laughable moment and anyone that thinks otherwise was at a different movie. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I enjoyed very much. I will probably see it again but my question is this. Since Tony is gone, I guess we can assume the next Spiderman movie will take place before the first IW movie? All in all I enjoyed it. I am already anxious (but don't want to know) what's going to happen next.

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. As I said.. shoe horned in and totally an eye roll. It was a laughable moment and anyone that thinks otherwise was at a different movie. lol
    I have seen and listened and read many a review and reaction to this movie and the vast majority of people had no problem with that scene or loved in. In some cases it was their favorite scene. People who seem to have an issue with it are a tiny minority. To me it was a great splash-page shot you will often see in these epic comics. It doesn't need to "make sense". It needs to look cool. And it looked fucking awesome.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post

I have seen and listened and read many a review and reaction to this movie and the vast majority of people had no problem with that scene or loved in. In some cases it was their favorite scene. People who seem to have an issue with it are a tiny minority. To me it was a great splash-page shot you will often see in these epic comics. It doesn't need to "make sense". It needs to look cool. And it looked fucking awesome.
    Favorite scene!!??? YEAHHHHHHHHHH OKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Not a chance. I have not met anyone but you that liked it. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Did you watch the videos I posted here discussing the movie? Every panelist so far has enjoyed that scene. Amy Dahlen on Collider Heroes loved it. It made many people emotional, including myself. I've also just listened to the Slash FilmCast episode on Endgame and that was the first case (one of four on the podcast) to voice any kind of meh feeling about it. And now this Slate article. Overwhelmingly people had a blast seeing that shot. It was glorious. In my theater people cheered.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It was cheesy sure but it was fine. There's swirling rumors of an all female Avengers movie/show so I think they were giving the audience a small sample.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I enjoyed very much. I will probably see it again but my question is this. Since Tony is gone, I guess we can assume the next Spiderman movie will take place before the first IW movie? All in all I enjoyed it. I am already anxious (but don't want to know) what's going to happen next.
    Was Tony featured in the New SM trailer? I always got the impression this was post IW.

Country
    Country Flag

It was cheesy sure but it was fine. There's swirling rumors of an all female Avengers movie/show so I think they were giving the audience a small sample.
    It was punctuated by Pepper as Rescue, which was what put it over the top for me and filled my heart with joy and turned on the waterworks.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved that shot of Tony and Pepper side by side in armor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast