Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2376

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    On top of that Disney wanted 50% of the gross for continued involvement, which is a huge increase over the 5% that they were supposedly getting before. If you look at it from a purely financial aspect, if they're movies under preform by 50% (which they won't) they're still coming out ahead of where they would be if they accepted Disney's terms. Just looking at say Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which was garbage) only made 172 million less than Spider-Man Homecoming. Even if they were to drop to those numbers they'd still be way ahead of giving 50% to Disney for essentially the use of Kevin Feige's time and some the ability to use characters from the MCU. So again I can't really blame them. Everyone is blaming Sony in for this, but to me this is Disney throwing it's weight around.
    No this is not Disney throwing thier weight around.. this is called negotiations. Gotta start somewhere and they def deserve more than 5%. I bet they settle somewhere in the 25-30% range and this goes through. Disney is a business.... can you blame them for wanting more for all thier hard work?
    From what I understand Sony countered Disney's proposal and Disney just said no. I'd also be really curious to know how much "hard work" Disney really did on Homecoming and Far From Home. Given that it seems like the creative team for those movies is largely staying with Sony, how much of that was Disney's doing? Or was Disney just helping with the overarching plan / re-imagining of the character to fit into the MCU? But again if Sony is doing all of the heavy lifting from a financial aspect I can't blame them for not wanting to give Disney a bigger cut.

Edit: To be clear I mostly just don't think Disney deserves the benefit of the doubt as being the "good guy" here. They're the big guy here and they have the least to loose by loosing Spider-Man.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Maybe I'm just being too optimistic, but with Spider-man having no role in phase 4, there's still a lot of time for things to smooth over and get sorted out. Sure Spider-Man can survive without the MCU, but it's clear nobody wants him to. While I thought into the spiderverse was one of the best Spider-Man films, Venom was a barely passable dumpster fire of Tom Hardy acting like a drug addict for 2 hours.
    My guess is there was no Spider-man announcement in phase 4 because these negotiations where ongoing. Otherwise we probably would've seen Spider-Man 3 (some title with "Home" in it) towards the end of Phase 4. I guess with Sony on their own that's probably the plan anyways as that would be about the correct spacing, assuming they keep to a 2 or 3 year cycle.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    On top of that Disney wanted 50% of the gross for continued involvement, which is a huge increase over the 5% that they were supposedly getting before. If you look at it from a purely financial aspect, if they're movies under preform by 50% (which they won't) they're still coming out ahead of where they would be if they accepted Disney's terms. Just looking at say Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which was garbage) only made 172 million less than Spider-Man Homecoming. Even if they were to drop to those numbers they'd still be way ahead of giving 50% to Disney for essentially the use of Kevin Feige's time and some the ability to use characters from the MCU. So again I can't really blame them. Everyone is blaming Sony in for this, but to me this is Disney throwing it's weight around.
    No this is not Disney throwing thier weight around.. this is called negotiations. Gotta start somewhere and they def deserve more than 5%. I bet they settle somewhere in the 25-30% range and this goes through. Disney is a business.... can you blame them for wanting more for all thier hard work?
    From what I understand Sony countered Disney's proposal and Disney just said no. I'd also be really curious to know how much "hard work" Disney really did on Homecoming and Far From Home. Given that it seems like the creative team for those movies is largely staying with Sony, how much of that was Disney's doing? Or was Disney just helping with the overarching plan / re-imagining of the character to fit into the MCU? But again if Sony is doing all of the heavy lifting from a financial aspect I can't blame them for not wanting to give Disney a bigger cut.

Edit: To be clear I mostly just don't think Disney deserves the benefit of the doubt as being the "good guy" here. They're the big guy here and they have the least to loose by loosing Spider-Man.
    True... you are right and I also agree that was why we got no Spiderman in the next phase.... EItheway how would both sides deal with it? NOT good either way...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to imagine that Disney will still feel enticed to try and work something out. They've essentially set up Spider-Man as 'Iron Man Jr', further ingraining him into the fabric of the MCU as Tony's heir. People have short memories, they'll forget this little speed bump in an otherwise fruitful collaboration between Sony and Disney.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I want to imagine that Disney will still feel enticed to try and work something out. They've essentially set up Spider-Man as 'Iron Man Jr', further ingraining him into the fabric of the MCU as Tony's heir. People have short memories, they'll forget this little speed bump in an otherwise fruitful collaboration between Sony and Disney.
    Yeah, I've been wondering about that. Do they need to reboot? Or give some reason why he isn't using an iron man spider suit anymore, without violating copyright. I really hated the Iron man Jr angle. When I was a fan of the comics he was never so dependent on someone else.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yeah, I've been wondering about that. Do they need to reboot? Or give some reason why he isn't using an iron man spider suit anymore, without violating copyright. I really hated the Iron man Jr angle. When I was a fan of the comics he was never so dependent on someone else.
    As far as I'm aware they aren't rebooting. They've said that their continuing with the plan they had worked out from the get go, so the next movie should pick up where Far From Home left off. The biggest thing we'll see is they'll just not reference MCU characters anymore. It could really be super awkward. I believe Tom Holland and the director are both contracted with Sony for 2 more Spider-Man solo movies, both are part of the original plan laid out from the get go with this "re-boot".

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    God people are idiots. I also really laugh at the change.org petition. Has anything ever happened because of a change.org petition?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

God people are idiots. I also really laugh at the change.org petition. Has anything ever happened because of a change.org petition?
    Quick search and I found this...

5 Change.org Petitions That Worked

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it is funny. Non violent and 6000++ people all dressed up as Spidey? Im all for it! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Interesting. You always here about these change.org petitions targeting movies, tv shows, video games, ect. I feel like the most recent example of "dumb change.org" petitions is all the stuff with Game of Thrones. But I guess maybe the dumb ones are the ones that get the most publicity.

Interesting. You always here about these change.org petitions targeting movies, tv shows, video games, ect. I feel like the most recent example of "dumb change.org" petitions is all the stuff with Game of Thrones. But I guess maybe the dumb ones are the ones that get the most publicity.
    Such is life. Spectacle before substance.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No one is excited by these new shows? I think all three sound amazing and these characters will surely appear on the big screen as well. Here's some background info and what these shows might be from Grace:

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I'm not excited at all. Phase 4 looks like pure garbage. Thankfully, after Endgame I don't have to watch anymore. I'll just watch the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie wherever that is out.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I should say I'm somewhat interested in Doctor Strange because I heard it was going to be a horror movie, but I doubt it will be true horror because Disney doesn't have the guts to do that.

Stan Lee's daughter has some very harsh words for Marvel and Disney....

Stan Lee’s daughter: ‘No one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives’

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It's difficult for me to really get excited because I don't read comics so I know nothing about all these new characters they keep bringing up. She-Hulk, Captain Carter, Moon Knight??? I may have heard of some of the names but that's about it.

Granted I knew little to nothing about the other characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, GotG before I saw any of their movies and enjoyed them very much. So it's just wait and see for me.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    No one is excited by these new shows? I think all three sound amazing and these characters will surely appear on the big screen as well. Here's some background info and what these shows might be from Grace:

I would expect Moon Knight and She Hulk to maybe appear on the big screen. I don't think they've confirmed anything but rumor is Ms Marvel is going to be animated, so if that's the case she probably won't. Unfortunately I've never been much of a Marvel Comics guy so unless it's directly relating to the movie characters or characters I'm familiar with from TV shows I watched when I was younger I don't really care much about them. Moon Knight, She Hulk, and Ms Marvel fall into that category for me. I'm pretty excited about some of the other shows though, and the Phase 4 movies, except maybe The Eternals, just because I don't really know anything about those characters.

Country
    Country Flag

Feige did say on the stage this weekend that Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) will appear in a future MCU film (maybe Captain Marvel 2 or Young Avengers?). I would imagine all new characters will. The only animated series is What If? because it's re-imagining every MCU movie so it kinda needs to be animated.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Feige did say on the stage this weekend that Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) will appear in a future MCU film (maybe Captain Marvel 2 or Young Avengers?). I would imagine all new characters will. The only animated series is What If? because it's re-imagining every MCU movie so it kinda needs to be animated.
    Interesting. I don't really know how you do her in anything but animated, unless you kinda re-imagine her powers because if I remember correctly they're kinda goofy and I feel like it would be hard to make them look good in live action.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Spider-Man: Back At Home

*Peter wakes up*
    Wow, what a weird dream
    Aunt May: What happened?
    Peter: I legally cannot tell you.
    Aunt May, feeling Pete's forehead: Peter, you've been asleep for days, are you feeling all right?
    Peter: I don't feel so good. *winks at the camera*

Honestly, this mess is ridiculous. Sony pays for everything and got nothing for Civil War or the Avengers movies, so I don't blame them for balking at Disney demanding 50%.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't be watching any Superhero shows. If someone tells me a Superhero show is on the level of Sopranos or Breaking Bad, I'll look into it. 2 hours or so for a movie once a year a year is enough for me. I surely don't need to watch 40 hours+ a year of Superhero stuff. I didn't watch Agents of Shield, Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Arrow, Gotham, Supergirl, The Flash, The Defenders (or whatever it was), Legion, whatever others I missed. I have less reason to watch these because screw Disney. They've gotten like 35 dollars from me in the past 10 years, and I consider that to be far too much.

I'm hoping Phase 5 is better than what's coming up, because it looks like an MCU void to me. I'd check out Thor after Ragnarok, but Natalie Portman as Thor? BORING.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast