+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Demon of the Prim DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    But if somehow that were still hypocritical of Disney, are you suggesting that Disney, in order to avoid hypocrisy through consistency, should not only continue to employ someone with the stench of pedophilia jokes but make more racist cartoons along the lines of SOOS? I know you're not saying that - so what should they do? Ignore their present responsibilities to protect their brand, maximize profits, protect shareholders, in the interest of - what, exactly?

Simply: they took the safest, most responsible course currently available.
    Look I understand what you're saying. None of that's really my point, and maybe I'm just not getting my point across very well. I just think it'd be one thing if he was an actual pedophile, which to my knowledge there have been no accusations of. This is just a guy who told some shitty jokes 10 years ago. I'll use RDJ as a different example, he was a drug addict, he isn't anymore, he's reformed and we applaud him for overcoming it and making a comeback. James Gunn, was a "edge lord" who made some shitty jokes, he doesn't do that anymore, and he apologized for it years ago, yet we're holding him over the coals for it now.

I understand Disney's position, what they're doing, and why they're doing it. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it or applaud them for it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    But if somehow that were still hypocritical of Disney, are you suggesting that Disney, in order to avoid hypocrisy through consistency, should not only continue to employ someone with the stench of pedophilia jokes but make more racist cartoons along the lines of SOOS? I know you're not saying that - so what should they do? Ignore their present responsibilities to protect their brand, maximize profits, protect shareholders, in the interest of - what, exactly?

Look I understand what you're saying. None of that's really my point, and maybe I'm just not getting my point across very well. I just think it'd be one thing if he was an actual pedophile, which to my knowledge there have been no accusations of. This is just a guy who told some shitty jokes 10 years ago. I'll use RDJ as a different example, he was a drug addict, he isn't anymore, he's reformed and we applaud him for overcoming it and making a comeback. James Gunn, was a "edge lord" who made some shitty jokes, he doesn't do that anymore, and he apologized for it years ago, yet we're holding him over the coals for it now.

I understand Disney's position, what they're doing, and why they're doing it. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it or applaud them for it.
    Seriously, read the tweets. I'm telling ya, I'm a wise ass as much as anyone and I don't think I found one of those "Shitty Jokes" funny in the least. More like disturbing IMHO
    The Evil Empire!!!

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales

My collection thread:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

Demon of the Prim DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Seriously, read the tweets. I'm telling ya, I'm a wise ass as much as anyone and I don't think I found one of those "Shitty Jokes" funny in the least. More like disturbing IMHO
    I've read the tweets, but I also know a bit about James Gunn from back then. He was the type of person who said stuff with the intention of shocking and offending people. It wasn't so much about being funny as it was about being intentionally offensive. It very much aligns with a lot of his early film work too, intentionally offensive, and really not in the least bit good, until he hit the mainstream.

Edit: I'm not defending the tweets. They're horrible.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read the tweets, but I also know a bit about James Gunn from back then. He was the type of person who said stuff with the intention of shocking and offending people. It wasn't so much about being funny as it was about being intentionally offensive. It very much aligns with a lot of his early film work too, intentionally offensive, and really not in the least bit good, until he hit the mainstream.

I hear you. However that also kinda makes him an asshole. Seems to me he'd have to do a lot more than apologize for that garbage.
    The Evil Empire!!!

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales

My collection thread:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

I hear you. However that also kinda makes him an asshole. Seems to me he'd have to do a lot more than apologize for that garbage.
    Definitely an asshole.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30